AVS Forum banner

841 - 860 of 2740 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
What a bummer! Why did they take away such a nice feature? It used to have some basic controls all for volume, scene, party mode. And if you add /setup/ you get all controls :frown:
Guess they decided to concentrate on the Android/IOS app - might be compatible w/Chrome (using ARC Welder).. flip side, just fired up the web interface to the RX-A2040 I use in my computer room. Purty - may have to set up a static IP for the pleasure of using it. Would save me the trouble of unhanding the mouse to reach for the volume knob ;)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Anyone know the "right way" of using "Configurations" on the RX-A3080? Is there a specific crossover that I should set all of the speakers to? Because I currently have all of my speakers set to "80hz", mainly because I want anything under 80hz to be sent to my subs.

Am I doing this right?
I found this a problem if you set your towers to Large, crossover frequency is grayed out. if you set to small, then you can adjust. Wonder why? Why cant I have my Front Main L/R crossover below say 100 or 80 Hz? how can I make them crossover if I specify them as large speakers? has anyone else encountered this problem?

·
Registered
91 Posts
I found this a problem if you set your towers to Large, crossover frequency is grayed out. if you set to small, then you can adjust. Wonder why? Why cant I have my Front Main L/R crossover below say 100 or 80 Hz? how can I make them crossover if I specify them as large speakers? has anyone else encountered this problem?
Well, from what I can see, all of my speakers are set to small, so that I can use my subwoofers.

I was just wondering how I can make the subwoofers do all of the low end stuff, since we’re unable to set a specific crossover for the subwoofers anymore?

·
Premium Member
87,988 Posts
Not a problem as shown by the following descriptions of LARGE/SMALL:

LARGE = full audio source (20Hz - 20kHz) is passed to the speaker (ie. there's no reason to have a crossover setting)

SMALL/crossover = only those frequencies above the crossover are passed to the speaker while those less than the crossover are passed to the sub.

·
Registered
215 Posts
My old Denon failed, it seems I'm buying a new AVR. I have been considering the 1080 and the 2080. My problem is I have very limited height space which is not much solvable. If I try to gain height, I lose depth, so am considering all my options, as radical as they may seem. So, I ask:

- how hot run these AVRs? I don't use it very loud. Sometimes it will be for a longer period of time, probably maximum 5h. Stereo and 5.1 for now, maybe an upfiring later, running a B&W CM1 S2 bookshelf set.

- are the AVR's feet removable? If so, how much they measure "up"?

I'm looking forward to the 2080, but it is 1cm taller than the 1080... Maybe I'll have to go with a Marantz sr7013 or sr6013, which are smaller in both directions, but wanted to give Yamaha a try as I already have a SR8012 in the other room...

Appreciate any help. Thanks.

·
Registered
64 Posts
My old Denon failed, it seems I'm buying a new AVR. I have been considering the 1080 and the 2080. My problem is I have very limited height space which is not much solvable. If I try to gain height, I lose depth, so am considering all my options, as radical as they may seem. So, I ask:

- how hot run these AVRs? I don't use it very loud. Sometimes it will be for a longer period of time, probably maximum 5h. Stereo and 5.1 for now, maybe an upfiring later, running a B&W CM1 S2 bookshelf set.

- are the AVR's feet removable? If so, how much they measure "up"?

I'm looking forward to the 2080, but it is 1cm taller than the 1080... Maybe I'll have to go with a Marantz sr7013 or sr6013, which are smaller in both directions, but wanted to give Yamaha a try as I already have a SR8012 in the other room...

Appreciate any help. Thanks.
In you case 1080 (5.1 and stereo) is enough. 2080 have same type 9007 DAC. You can fing about 2080 if you have idea use 2 SubWoofers..

·
Registered
215 Posts
In you case 1080 (5.1 and stereo) is enough. 2080 have same type 9007 DAC. You can fing about 2080 if you have idea use 2 SubWoofers..
Thanks, no 2 subs. 2080's YPAO isn't noticeable better than 1080's?

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Anyone know the "right way" of using "Configurations" on the RX-A3080? Is there a specific crossover that I should set all of the speakers to? Because I currently have all of my speakers set to "80hz", mainly because I want anything under 80hz to be sent to my subs.

Am I doing this right?
No, there is no "right" way since most everyone's speakers are going to be different, and work better with a different cross over frequency for bass mgmt. If you're happy with how the default of 80Hz sounds, you're doing fine.

I just ordered the rx-v2085, upgrading from rx-a2010.
Yamaha does not have a manual for rx-v2085 so I am inferring everything from the rx-2080 manual because I read somewhere both are comparable except with the 5th foot and maybe internal components.

From reading, I seem to get the impression yamaha removed the web browser control you get by going to the ip address of the receiver.

Anyone with rx-A*80 care to post screenshot if the web control center is still available or what they see when they enter the ip address into a browser.
As mentioned, there's an online and PDF version of the manual. You're welcome to join the "Yamaha RX-V*85/TSR-x850 owners thread," starting here where you'll find (US) links to both manuals. ;)

You should get the web interface at http://[ip address of AVR]/ or http://[ip address of AVR]/Setup (advanced setup).

As mentioned, only "Small" enables bass management for the speaker, sending LF and ULF bass to the subwoofer in addition to the LFE channel.

Well, from what I can see, all of my speakers are set to small, so that I can use my subwoofers.

I was just wondering how I can make the subwoofers do all of the low end stuff, since we’re unable to set a specific crossover for the subwoofers anymore?
As above, configure speakers as "Small" to enable bass management, then the subwoofer will handle "all of the low end stuff." Bear in mind that even if all your speakers are set to "Large," the subwoofer still plays the discrete x.1 LFE channel content in multichannel content (e.g. Dolby Digital/True HD, DTS/HD MA).

·
Registered
6 Posts
You should get the web interface at http ://[ip address of AVR]/ or http: //[ip address of AVR]/Setup (advanced setup).
Someone commented that the new web interface offers limited functionality. Unlike the web interface from previous years where you could control input, volume, scene and party mode. I am waiting for my RX-V2085 to be delivered this weekend.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Someone commented that the new web interface offers limited functionality. Unlike the web interface from previous years where you could control input, volume, scene and party mode. I am waiting for my RX-V2085 to be delivered this weekend.
The RX-V2085 web interface @ offers limited functionality (per my earlier post), unlike the full-featured (& purty) web interface of my RX-A2040. But the RX-V2085 web interface @ /setup/ seems to have all of the earlier functionality, albeit in a really clunky tree-structured format. Can pull screen shots, if u need 'em. EX:

Attachments

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
The RX-V2085 web interface @ offers limited functionality (per my earlier post), unlike the full-featured (& purty) web interface of my RX-A2040. But the RX-V2085 web interface @ /setup/ seems to have all of the earlier functionality, albeit in a really clunky tree-structured format. Can pull screen shots, if u need 'em. EX:
Even as long ago as 2012 models, the basic web interface is REALLY basic ... but the iOS/Android app offers far more functionality, and is updated more often (and longer) than AVR firmware. (I.e. my 2012 AVR hasn't gotten an update in years, but the AV controller app continues to be updated and receive new functions.) ... Value's where you find it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello there fellow enthusiasts. I have a Yamaha rxv3800 which I have owned since new and I have been very happy with this machine. I am finding though that I'm not really very happy with the aging YPAO version. I have the latest firmware update which is fairly old but I'm hearing the newest YPAO is quite good. Do Yamaha still support this amp with firmware? Can the newest YPAO version be updated this way? Can it be purchased and installed? While we're talking about all this, can it be possible to use audesy or dirac by means of attatchment or hack?
Thanks...

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Hello there fellow enthusiasts. I have a Yamaha rxv3800 which I have owned since new and I have been very happy with this machine. I am finding though that I'm not really very happy with the aging YPAO version. I have the latest firmware update which is fairly old but I'm hearing the newest YPAO is quite good. Do Yamaha still support this amp with firmware? Can the newest YPAO version be updated this way? Can it be purchased and installed? While we're talking about all this, can it be possible to use audesy or dirac by means of attatchment or hack?
Thanks...
You're in the thread for RX-V3080 owners ... did you make a typographic error, or is yours an older model e.g. "3800?"

In general, no you cannot hack the firmware and update YPAO independently that I know of. You can purchase a calibrated microphone and learn to use REW. :cool:

·
Registered
8 Posts
5.1.4 Atmos + Zone 2

hi all,

I hope this wasn't answered already but my eyes might've glazed over after reading all 20+ pages on here. I just received my RX-A3080 and I'm trying to figure out if what I want to accomplish is possible.

I have a 5.1.4 Atmos setup in my living room, but also have 2 speakers in my garage for parties. I would like to setup the 2 in the garage as a Zone 2 that way during parties, any music I play in my living room will also be playing simultaneously in the Zone 2.

My hardware is an XB1 as my main use, with a PS4 also attached. So my main would by my XB1 for Atmos on games/movies, then for music during parties, I would likely play from my phone either directly bluetooth linked to the receiver, or through my chromecast plugged into the receiver (or TV, whichever gets it all to work).

However, I don't see any setup options for a 5.1.4 + Zone 2. I've got a 2-channel external amp for the extra 2 speakers, but I'm just not 100% sure on how/if the software setup will work for it.

Your help is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Question for A3080 Power Amp assign settings:

The manual has Power Amp Assign for 7.2.4 (Ext. FP + RP).

I am currently using 8 preouts that are taking care of FL, FR, 4 ceiling for atmos using FPR/FPL, RPR/RPL, and 2 Side Surrounds L/R. I have connected the Center and Surround Backs L/R to the Receiver builtin amp jacks.

So what Power Amp assign setting should I be using?

·
Registered
94 Posts
hi all,

I hope this wasn't answered already but my eyes might've glazed over after reading all 20+ pages on here. I just received my RX-A3080 and I'm trying to figure out if what I want to accomplish is possible.

I have a 5.1.4 Atmos setup in my living room, but also have 2 speakers in my garage for parties. I would like to setup the 2 in the garage as a Zone 2 that way during parties, any music I play in my living room will also be playing simultaneously in the Zone 2.

My hardware is an XB1 as my main use, with a PS4 also attached. So my main would by my XB1 for Atmos on games/movies, then for music during parties, I would likely play from my phone either directly bluetooth linked to the receiver, or through my chromecast plugged into the receiver (or TV, whichever gets it all to work).

However, I don't see any setup options for a 5.1.4 + Zone 2. I've got a 2-channel external amp for the extra 2 speakers, but I'm just not 100% sure on how/if the software setup will work for it.

Your help is greatly appreciated!

That should be no problem. Use 7.2.4 [ext.RP], and connect your external amp to the Zone 2 preouts for the garage. The default Basic amp assignment may also work. I'm running 7.2.4 with a Zone 2 on the back porch, and it works great. I can't remember which amp assignment I used though, and I'm not home to check at the moment.

841 - 860 of 2740 Posts