AVS Forum banner

1301 - 1320 of 2727 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Greatly enjoying the AI Surround in my tricky room (very wide Left-Right essentially no side walls) now trying to tweak things by running a YPAO Multi Measure test but it won’t let me select that check box, returning a Not Available error message. I have a 5.1 set up due to room constraints, but i can’t find any reference in manual to multi measure only working with 7.1. The set up is slightly unconventional using Sony Bravia 65 AG9 screen Acoustic Surface (which seems good to me) as front centre, regular Tannoys as front L+R, a Rel Sub and two MusicCast units as rear left and right hard wired in to the LAN, again due to room constraints. firmware etc is up to date. Any advice gratefully received.
As I remember someone had this issue (couldn't select the Multi measure/Angle/height opption with RX-A2080/RX-V2085) and the problem was the MusicCast (not working with it). If you read back you must find that post.

·
Registered
866 Posts
When I use AirPlay from an iPad the 3080 automatically switches to that source. When I connect Bluetooth from an Alexa device I have to use the 3080 remote to select the input. Is that what others get?

This is not how it works on my Denon receiver, both protocols switch source automatically.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Kind of a dumb question but did Yamaha do away with their On Screen input select? I've been using my phone with the 3080 and for the 1st time decided to try On Screen input select and not seeing it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Finally did the ypao multi point setup with 4 points and did angle measurement as well. Have a really wide couch. Wowzers what a difference! I'm such an idiot for waiting so long!

Have a 5.1 setup with klipsch centre speaker and bookshelfs on each side, laying on their side as well as some decent no name 6.5 inch ceiling speakers I got from a store that specializes in commercial installations.

Unfortunately, my wife doesnt like listening to movies very loud and so she doesnt appreciate how good the setup is. She is away right now and I watched fast and furious 8 and expendables 2 last night at pretty high volumes and it was spectacular. The bass was not as boomy as before but much more controlled and dialogue was much better and all engine sounds and explosions were all better balanced and sounded great. Music being played on screen in a club was seamless coming from the fronts and surround speakers in all 4 locations.

I think I might try to do 8 point setup as I did notice it was less seamless between the points as I shifted my butt in the couch during the movies to test all points.

Anyways, all the money that went into this system was well worth it now. As long as I don't go into any high end listening rooms with high end tower speakers and 7.2 system I should stay happy! Lol...

I included a pic of my front speakers install below the tv. That was a lot of measuring and hilti laser work to build and finish everything with such tight tolerances. Very happy with how it came out.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
232 Posts
Finally did the ypao multi point setup with 4 points and did angle measurement as well. Have a really wide couch. Wowzers what a difference! I'm such an idiot for waiting so long!

Have a 5.1 setup with klipsch centre speaker and bookshelfs on each side, laying on their side as well as some decent no name 6.5 inch ceiling speakers I got from a store that specializes in commercial installations.

Unfortunately, my wife doesnt like listening to movies very loud and so she doesnt appreciate how good the setup is. She is away right now and I watched fast and furious 8 and expendables 2 last night at pretty high volumes and it was spectacular. The bass was not as boomy as before but much more controlled and dialogue was much better and all engine sounds and explosions were all better balanced and sounded great. Music being played on screen in a club was seamless coming from the fronts and surround speakers in all 4 locations.

I think I might try to do 8 point setup as I did notice it was less seamless between the points as I shifted my butt in the couch during the movies to test all points.......
I've found doing all 8 points is a great improvement over anything less. Although my points have been all within about 2 feet in a single chair listening position. :)

·
Registered
408 Posts
Xbox HDR Zone 2

Hello,

I’ve tried to search for this and couldn’t find an answer. I have my Xbox one x connected to my receiver and I’m trying to game in 4k HDR on my tv connected to zone 2. I switched the receiver to mode 1 and it works fine on the main zone but the when I try it on zone 2 it drops it to 4k SDR. Am I missing something? Is this a limitation of zone 2 on the receiver?

·
Registered
342 Posts

Unfortunately those side speakers are too close to each others, so you completely lose the LEFT / RIGHT stage with this...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Unfortunately those side speakers are too close to each others, so you completely lose the LEFT / RIGHT stage with this...
There was a lot of compromise in my setup. My room is a terrible one for sound to begin with as the wall behind the couch disappears half way and opens up to the foyer not to mention on side of the living room opens up to the kitchen/dining room. Given the constraints placed upon me by my living quarters and my wife, I did the best that I can and it sounds very good. Like i said, as long as i don't go into a theater room I'll be happy for quite some time. Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
110 Posts
Digital output to zone 2?

Hi All,

Will the 1080 or 2080 or 3080 allow me to do this?

I want to listen to 5.1 in zone 1 and 2 channel in zone 2 with [email protected] for video in zone 1 and 1080P in zone 2? Some of my sources (for example my 4K Apple TV only output digital (HDMI)) . I know that most receivers only allow analog audio for zone 2.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have the RX-A1080. 5.1 configuration using 2 musiccast 20 as surround speakers.

3 HDMI inputs: TV decoder, qnap Nas and chromecast.

Since I bought it, I'm having from time to time that the unit seems to lock up, meaning:
* video on TV still works
* AVR display still on
* No audio
* unable to change volume on remote AND on AVR
* none of the buttons on remote seem to respond except the power button, sometimes not even the power button on the remote.

To get it working again, I have to do the classic procedure to turn it of and on again :rolleyes:
I'm currently on the latest firmware (1.65), but it also happened with older firmwares.

I contacted Yamaha and the shop about it, but they have not had any reports like this before.

Did anyone experience something similar?

Any suggestions on solution or way to reproduce it?
I am having a very similar problem on my A2080. I am trying to repro it, if it is related to switching inputs in Zone 2 or what. The front panel is lit, but only showing Audio 1 as the input and nothing works on the front panel. I have to pull the plug and it resets.

This is actually the 2nd receiver since the first one lost all audio after about 1 month and Yamaha finally agreed to replace it after having boards on backorder. I have not called Yamaha support yet to report the issue, but plan on it.

·
Registered
131 Posts
5.1.2 setup help

additional opinion pls , recently upgrade to the RX-V2085 and this thing have soo much setting

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-receivers-amps-processors/3014068-official-yamaha-rx-v-85-tsr-850-owners-thread-36.html#post58534342

Speaker Configuration like below:
Power Apm Assign = forgot
Subwoofer = Use
Subwoofer Phase = Normal
Front = large
Center = Small - Cross Over = 100HZ
Surround = Small - Cross Over = 80HZ
Surround Back = None
Presence = Small - Cross Over = 80HZ
Layout = Front (ceiling)

question (preferred opinion, of course):

1- YPAO volume = on or off
- than they have YPAO EQ = flat, front, natural, through?

2 - Enhancer = on or off
2a - Hi-Res = on or off
3 - Virtual Presence Speaker (VPS) = OFF (since i do have front presence speaker)
4 - Virtual Surround Back Speaker (VSBS) = On or off
5- Surround AI= on or off
or
5a - if select Surround decoder= Auto, Dsur, Neural:X, Neo:6 Cinema?

6 - Cinema DSP 3D mode = auto or off
7 - adaptive DRC = auto or off

Then I have my rear speaker setup like the attached (Yellow Highlight) Do I still plug it into the Rear surround or should I use Rear height surround? Unable to use stand at ear level :(

End goal: DTS:X or Atoms, and have it decoded to show up on the front panel. I'm still unable to see DTS on the front panel of my V2085. Maybe I do have to switch back to Coaxial or optical (TOS), or try to adjust the "digital" out on the ATV and sony bluray player.

it only show what i select as DSP, either Surround AI or Surr Decode... doesn't show like Dolby Atoms or Dolby DTS.etc.

Attachments

·
Registered
342 Posts
additional opinion pls , recently upgrade to the RX-V2085 and this thing have soo much setting

question (preferred opinion, of course):

1- YPAO volume = on or off - too boomy for me
- than they have YPAO EQ = flat, -> I use this; front, natural -> Cinema (for bigger room and/or loud use), through? Use you AVR's skill I think

2 - Enhancer = on or off Only on music, but too boomy for me
2a - Hi-Res = on or off Only on music, but too boomy for me
3 - Virtual Presence Speaker (VPS) = OFF (since i do have front presence speaker) - > maybe help maybe not, maybe nothing...
4 - Virtual Surround Back Speaker (VSBS) = On or off -> Its on for me but nothing special....so I don't know.
5- Surround AI= on -> bigger better Atmosphere or off
or
5a - if select Surround decoder= Auto, Dsur, Neural:X, Neo:6 Cinema?

6 - Cinema DSP 3D mode = auto Use your AVR's skill;or off
7 - adaptive DRC = auto or off

Those are my settings above. Tried all but most of them won't help.... at least for me. You should try all to switch on/off to hear the difference.

it only show what i select as DSP, either Surround AI or Surr Decode... doesn't show like Dolby Atoms or Dolby DTS.etc.
On front panel push Info button to see Atmos/DTS on screen. You can change it in the menu too and set up you remote control to change with up/down arrow any time.

Reactions: tdrag97

·
Registered
41 Posts
Help YPAO always comes on at power up

I just received this unit and have configured it correctly (5.2 system). I have run YPAO successfully and saved the settings at the end of the configuration. However every time I power on the receiver the YPAO screen comes up wanting me to run it again. The microphone is NOT plugged in. Any ideas why this is happening? I did update the firmware when I initially configured it so it should be the latest firmware.

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
I just received this unit and have configured it correctly (5.2 system). I have run YPAO successfully and saved the settings at the end of the configuration. However every time I power on the receiver the YPAO screen comes up wanting me to run it again. The microphone is NOT plugged in. Any ideas why this is happening? I did update the firmware when I initially configured it so it should be the latest firmware.
"Exceedingly odd," said the butler. Try a default settings reset under Advanced Setup.

Also: ensure you have conventional speakers connected the correct way. And ensure that you are not removing power entirely from the AVR when you put it in standby (IOW, ensure power is still supplied to the AVR).

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions. I reset the receiver, but it did not make any difference. The receiver is plugged into a universal power supply, so it has not lost power. It is still in my return window and I will be sending it back because I think this is a factory defect with the YPAO microphone connector. The YPAO calibration works but it does not seem to recognize that the microphone is not connected at startup.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
131 Posts
I've found doing all 8 points is a great improvement over anything less. Although my points have been all within about 2 feet in a single chair listening position. :)

ok most of my issue are fix.

Now on to tweaking the sound.

in this YPAO Multi Measure - do we do it in any certain order?

1 - YPAO

then

2 - Multi Measure
then
3 - Angle/height measure?

or YPAO, Angle/height/ then Multi Measure?

and why during the YPAO measurement., all the test tone sound normal, but my rear right become EXTREMELY loud. Sooo loud that I work my speaker is going to pop, and it only happen to that speaker. All other seem to be at a normal tone volume. Just that get POPPING loud.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I try to search thru., but which setup would I select if we want the 5.1.4 or 5.2.4 setup? without Bi-Amp

As is often the case, the answer to your question can be found by reviewing the A3080's Owner's manual (p. 132) where it shows there are several "bi-amp" setups (which btw won't provide any real benefit) to include 5.2.2 Bi-amp as noted in the image below.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Another question about wiring., the position of my rear is not at the normal ear level but higher up. due to my living space i'm unable to place them on a floor stand.

Here is the diagram of my speaker position., which should my rear be really connected to for best and proper sound?

Attachments

·
Registered
510 Posts
Another question about wiring., the position of my rear is not at the normal ear level but higher up. due to my living space i'm unable to place them on a floor stand.

Here is the diagram of my speaker position., which should my rear be really connected to for best and proper sound?

Connect to Surround L/R

1301 - 1320 of 2727 Posts