AVS Forum banner

221 - 240 of 354 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Hi everyone,

Just upgraded my home theater setup over the weekend with the two central pieces being the RX-A860 and a new LG B7 Oled. So far I'm just entirely overwhelmed trying to get everything to connect properly, but to date one of my biggest frustrations has been, the receiver is completely incapable of seeing my home WiFi signal coming off the router I have set up in a room above it. There's no issue for any mobile device I have downstairs right next to the receiver (full signal strength), and the Smart TV itself is connected on a full signal and even recognizes my neighbor's WiFi...

I've tried connecting every single way possible (manual, WPS button, access point scan, etc.) but nothing works. I tried unscrewing/reinstalling the antenna. Is it possible there's something wrong with my unit if everything else around it can see a WiFi signal, but it can't?
5 GHz band or 2.4 GHz band? My A660 was only able to connect to 2.4 GHz.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Got the 1.17 update, anyone know what it does?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Response from Yamaha:

"Yamaha Japan does not send out a full list of the update and its changes so we do not have a break down. We know that this update was to fix network drop off issues and for network stability with IP control devices.

There is no change log online.

The update is not listed yet as they have to update the links on the website ans this is going to come up soon.

This unit is not listed to get an update for Dolby Vision"

Reactions: SuperFist

·
Registered
442 Posts
Yes, Straight is the simplest sound, without added effects. Depending on your setup, Pure Direct strips all processing, and may sound even better. For me, I keep it in Straight all the time, and use Pure Direct for lossless dts Master and Dolby TrueHD soundtracks.
Are you using a sub?

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Yes. SVS SB2000.

·
Registered
92 Posts
How to Stream TIDAL direct

I updated the firmware on my RX-A860 this weekend which added Tidal streaming. Now that I have it, can someone explain how to use it? When I use Spotify, it plays any content I have in my library. When I switch the input to Tidal, nothing is available to play. I can still stream from my iOS device using AirPlay but I want to stream directly from the Yamaha. I also have the same issue with Deezer which was part of the update. Any help appreciated.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
So, im having a bit of an issue with my RX-A760 that I hope someone might know the answer to:

When connecting my PC directly to my KS8000 via HDMI, the PC can output RGB/444/422/420 8/10/12bit 3840x2160p60.

When connecting the PC to the receiver on ports 1 through 3, the PC can output RGB/444/422/420 8/10/12bit 3840x2160p60.

So thats all fine and well, but ive run out of HDMI ports, and have to connect my Apple TV 4k, so I moved the PC to HDMI input 4.

The PC is connected to port 4 on the back of the receiver. The receiver mode is 4k MODE 1.

When connecting my PC(GTX 1080) via HDMI cable to the reciever, the PC output is limited to 4:2:0 8bit 3840x2160p60.

Ports 1-3 are labeled with HDCP 2.2, and 4-6 are not.

Does this mean ports 3-6 are not capable of RGB color or HDR? I thought that had nothing to do with HDCP...

·
Registered
335 Posts
I updated the firmware on my RX-A860 this weekend which added Tidal streaming. Now that I have it, can someone explain how to use it? When I use Spotify, it plays any content I have in my library. When I switch the input to Tidal, nothing is available to play. I can still stream from my iOS device using AirPlay but I want to stream directly from the Yamaha. I also have the same issue with Deezer which was part of the update. Any help appreciated.
Same here! I just sent this email to their support team:

Just received the FW update to allow Tidal support. Thank you! When I select Tidal as a source, it does show up on the screen but I cannot figure out how to use it! When I use Spotify on my phone, there is a button called "Devices Available"...when I press that I can choose the Yamaha AVR. I don't see anything like that in the Tidal app. Any advice is appreciated!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Same here! I just sent this email to their support team:

Just received the FW update to allow Tidal support. Thank you! When I select Tidal as a source, it does show up on the screen but I cannot figure out how to use it! When I use Spotify on my phone, there is a button called "Devices Available"...when I press that I can choose the Yamaha AVR. I don't see anything like that in the Tidal app. Any advice is appreciated!
Use the Yamaha Musiccast app. Spotify is using Spotify Connect to send audio from the app to the Yamaha receiver. Tidal does not have a similar service.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Use the Yamaha Musiccast app. Spotify is using Spotify Connect to send audio from the app to the Yamaha receiver. Tidal does not have a similar service.

I owe you beer! Thanks!

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Dolby Vision Update Timeline

So I recently upgraded to an Apple TV 4k and a LG B7. I want to take advantage of DV yet cant due to my RX-A760 not being dolby vision compatible, yet.

I reached out to Yamaha and asked about the DV firmware, and this was the reply:

"Support for Dolby Vision is a firmware update that will be coming by the end of the year.
Aventage models, including the 60 and 70 series will be getting the update."

I asked if there was any more info on an eta and the support guy replied with:

"Unfortunately, that's all the info we get from HQ. I know at this point we're awaiting from the licensing end testing has been done and pending approval. If there's pans for Beta releases we will inform our costumers in advance."

It sounds like the update is not too far off!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I have an Rx-A760. Love it, just having trouble getting my music on my cpu to show up in the Musiccast app under server. I'm running Media Player 12 and have all the sharing options turned on. Followed the instructions in the manual but to no avail. All other apps work no problem. Any help with this is much appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yamaha MusicCast Speakers

I have been setting up my RX-A760 AV for a few MONTHS. I have a mix of old school and new that I have placed in tandem. For example. My old Onkya drives my CD, Turntable , and casset player. Yes I still use tape and records. These go through my Onkya and hard wired to the Audio 1 input to my NEW Yamaha 760. Everything works well until I start using the MusicCast speakers. I have three of them. They are configured on my Wi-Fi which has a robust signal.

They problem I am experiencing is LATENCY between the MusicCAst speakers and the Onkya and RX-A760. The latter two play well together.

After contacting Yamaha and chatting with one of their Gurus over several sessions. I am still not happy with the results. I have placed the 760 on Cat 5e , changed the position of my main router, added a wifi extender, used the “Party” configuration , and used both audio or lip sync in the set up. But to no avail. Still not satisfied. Am I exspecting the system (RX-A760) to be more magical then it is able to be?

I have considered buying Yamaha’s new Pre AMP and placing it in line before the Onkya and recieveing all the ‘old school” equipment. I think it will communicate with the MusicCast from that point.

Any ideas, suggestions, inputs are appreciated.

Bw,
jim

·
Registered
6 Posts
New to this web site and the forum. But a brief question. It is 10:17 am here on the east coast. Why does the time stamp on my most recent post indecate “Today 3:15pm” ?
Jim

·
Registered
335 Posts
What is the difference between Spotify Connect, Pandora and Tidal? Why do I have to buy Spotify Premium to broadcast over my MusisCast speakers. Not endearing.

Jim
Spotify, Pandora, and Tidal are different music streaming services. I prefer Tidal because they are the only ones who offer lossless audio.

A lot of cool perks come with Spotify premium. One of them is that you can use their service on your MusicCast system

·
Registered
6 Posts
Spotify, Pandora, and Tidal are different music streaming services. I prefer Tidal because they are the only ones who offer lossless audio.

A lot of cool perks come with Spotify premium. One of them is that you can use their service on your MusicCast system
Yes , I understand that they are different streaming services. But what is it with Spotify requiring Premium if you want to use your MusicCast System? Is Tidal a download app? Is there a fee for service?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hi guys. I have the 660 model and cannot connect Bluetooth to my Android phone to stream music. It ask to connect but doesn't. I've read the online manual but it doesn't say much. Can you help me? Tia

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am new to this site and have checked back a few times over the past week to find answers. I’m not finding anyone participating. Is there a bertter forum to reach out to?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi guys. I have the 660 model and cannot connect Bluetooth to my Android phone to stream music. It ask to connect but doesn't. I've read the online manual but it doesn't say much. Can you help me? Tia
The receiver needs to be set to the bluetooth input. Then, hit options or menu (whichever one takes you to the bluetooth options, can't remember) and start a scan for devices. Then manually scan for bluetooth devices using your phone, and the receiver should show up.

221 - 240 of 354 Posts