AVS Forum banner

8941 - 8957 of 8957 Posts

·
Registered
6,935 Posts
today I tried to update again with custom firmware (Main, Video and DSP) (M:N076 7B11 and V:N060 A6C7 and D:05.13r4 047E)
but not displays "Update success" at the end of the update process but it shows me Write NG!
I closed the amplifier and opened it again and they all seem to work normally
here some photos my question is:to try again with custom firmware yes or no.
thank you very much

The three checksums are correct for the custom firmware with the larger volume display. I just checked mine and I have the same values as you (the one that was modified is for the Main processor, and the new checksum should be 3ADC, which you have).

And since you clearly have the larger volume display and "HELLO" on startup, you are running the custom firmware.

I can't explain why you got "Write NG!" instead of "Update Success". Normally this means the calculated checksum didn't match the expected value, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.

I think you should be OK, but if you want to try again to see if you can get "Update Success", I would suggest you burn the CD again just in case that's where the problem is.

4 Posts
hello everybody.
this is my first message here.
i just bought a yamaha rxv 3800 and i have a problem.
when i use the movie dsp's the sound is muting and coming back all the time
i thought it's my computer or cables etc but it happens with hdmi and optical and from my computer
and from my tv with dd and dts and stereo sound.
the center channel is muting the most and less often the left-right but the surrounds don't mute.
then i noticed that if i watch movie with the music dsp 7 channel enhancer-2 channel enchancer-2 channel stereo -7 channel stereo etc it works fine.
did anybody experience such a problem?

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Tried same audio inputs and decoding with a DVD or Bluray player? Computer and TV audio can be very problematic due to settings and output limitations. Best I can offer. :(

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
I have an RX-V1800 (two of them actually) and just upgraded to the Amazon Fire Stick 4k. The new remote successfully controls the volume, but does not turn the power on or off. Does anyone else have a Fire Stick 4k and got it to work with the power on and standby functions? Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi apologies in advance if I’m posting in the wrong place. I’m new to the forum and not sure if this is right. I have a Yamaha rx-v3800 and am trying to get a Firestick to connect to it. The output is on a projector rather than tv. I am struggling to get it to do anything at all. It did work initially but must have changed something. Grateful for any advice

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Hi apologies in advance if I’m posting in the wrong place. I’m new to the forum and not sure if this is right. I have a Yamaha rx-v3800 and am trying to get a Firestick to connect to it. The output is on a projector rather than tv. I am struggling to get it to do anything at all. It did work initially but must have changed something. Grateful for any advice
You’re in the right place for that AVR model, but you’re not giving us any information to really help. What are your settings on the AVR? Have you tried plugging the Fire TV Stick directly into the projector (into the back, or via a cable?)? Have you unplugged the Fire TV Stick or tried resetting it then plugging it in again? Have you tried the Fire TV Stick on another HDMI input of the AVR?

Can you see other devices plugged into the AVR on teh projector, and only this one device is not working? Can you see the AVR menus on the projector?

Finally, at the risk of being pedantic ... have you looked through the manual(s)?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Again not sure if this is how I’m meant to reply but hopefully the kind person who responded will see it! Thank you for replying. I’m plugging it into the amp rather than projector as I want it to connect to the speakers which go through the amp. At the moment it is plugged in the dtv/cbl hdmi port but I have tried the other ones too. I have switched the input to this and it seems to register that there is an hdmi source plugged in. Then I have another hdmi from the output hdmi in the amp to hdmi 1 in the projector. I have tried it in hdmi 2 also. It worked when we initially got it (I think in these ports) but when we had the unit moved it stopped working so must have changed something. I believe we can still get a connection to the Xbox (we use it as a DVD player) from one of the ports but I’m not sure which one (it’s currently connnected to something else but I can check it later if that helps).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Oh and yes I have looked through the manual but it’s far too complicated for me and I just don’t understand it. It seems to indicate that a loop is required with another cable going back from the projector to the amp possibly but we definitely never did this previously and it worked before. Also I’m not too sure which part of the instructions are relevant for a Firestick. I don’t think they were invented when the amp was created. In terms of other settings I think it’s currently on a movie setting but I’ve flicked through all the options and changing that doesn’t seem to make a difference

·
Registered
119 Posts
I've searched this thread to get some info on something that has bugged me ever since doing a firmware update years ago on my 3800: I've lost decoding for Dolby 1.0 (center channel only). Most of the time, it's not a big deal as 1.0 soundtracks play essentially in 2.0 mono out of both mains (and the sub), even in Straight Mode. When I first bought the receiver I remember just the Center Channel light being lit up and only hearing the center channel (along with the sub). That has not been the case for a long time. Is there any way to get that back? Firmware now is 0061. Thanks, David

·
Registered
6,935 Posts
The channel indicators on the front show the input channels, not which speakers are being used. So if two channels are lit up I don't think the receiver is getting a mono track. Any chance your source is not sending mono?

·
Registered
8 Posts
The best way how to combine yamaha ax-v 3800 with rx-a 3080

I had new rx-a 3080 and old rx-v 3800. It is the first time (beginner) about home theater & audio. Anyone who can help me how to do this.
1. how to install bi-amp from front stage speakers.
2. how to install home theater 11.2 channel.
3. What is type cable to install pre out.
I had speaker front r,l center surround r,l surround back r,l front height r,l back height r,l sub woofer r,l.
If have picture how to connect is best for me.
I move this post from>>>forum/receivers-amps-processors/#post59263012

·
Registered
119 Posts
The channel indicators on the front show the input channels, not which speakers are being used. So if two channels are lit up I don't think the receiver is getting a mono track. Any chance your source is not sending mono?

The source is definitely sending mono 1.0. This is happening with some older DVDs and now some streaming sites (Boomerang, for one) where some shows are output in Dolby 1.0. I have 2 RX-V3800s and the one that did not get the firmware update years ago plays 1.0 just fine and the center speaker indicator lights up, and that's where the sound comes from. On my other 3800, I get no sound with discs or streaming in 1.0, (although the center channel light lights up) For some reason, I can't force it to 2 channel mono. Is there a setting that I don't know about?

8941 - 8957 of 8957 Posts