AVS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 745 Posts

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
I went back and pulled up some of the Prometheus scenes and compared them with what was posted. My pics are coming out with a little more blue then real life, along with darker contrast levels. I tried to correct the ship pic to what my eyes see...still not as good as real life of course, but it does have more contrast than the P50 pic that was posted.

It's very hard taking random screen shot pics because I want to watch the whole movie instead!
Yeah, I used a crappy iPhone 6s camera. I will try to take better pictures of both TVs again in a completely dark room and see what it looks like.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts

Just an iPhone 6, but here's my contribution. I love this tv!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Some More

More pics...

Attachments

·
Registered
17,395 Posts

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Incredible. Just looks so much more vibrant than lcd. Like it just jumps off the screen with perfect rendition of colors.
I'm now trying to convince the wife we need OLEDs in 2 other rooms of the house (a loft area, and her woman cave). She's ok with the loft area but fighting me on her area... HA! Will definitely be picking up the 65 C6 for the loft area.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Incredible. Just looks so much more vibrant than lcd. Like it just jumps off the screen with perfect rendition of colors.
Also these are copied, then compressed, and converted blu ray movies playing from my NAS. I make them all mp4s. I'm scared to go to my garage and dig out my boxes of actual blu rays. I don't know if I'd ever leave the house again....:D

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
HDR Demos

Found these in the internal video/photos app once you put the tv in store mode. Can't wait to watch these once it gets dark.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
More Demos

Color Demo

Attachments

·
Registered
17,395 Posts

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Impressive as all hell.

How far from being maxed is the brightness on these?
I run my OLED light at 70, contrast at 85, and brightness at 54 for the blu rays. For both my HDR10 and Dolby Vision the OLED light and contrast are maxed out at 100 and I run my brightness at 52. Both I bump up the Dynamic Contrast and Dynamic Color to High.

·
Registered
3,124 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I can't believe none of you slackers has posted some Tron Legacy pictures!
I'm supposed to be getting ready for our weekend adventures. Not an easy movie to make look right in .jpg form

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I only picked up the 2D version since it was a blind buy and I didn't have a 3D TV at the time :mad:

·
Registered
17,395 Posts
I'm supposed to be getting ready for our weekend adventures. Not an easy movie 42.jpg[/IMG]

Whoops. Forgot about how others are usually busy on this holiday weekend. I spend all weekend working but then have Monday off.

But thank you a ton for those pix, I wasn't expecting anyone to actually post them so quick :)

But they do look absolutely amazing. The blacks are killer. Must make all the bright blues and orange really jump out. The more pix like these I see the more it bumps up my chances of trading in my js9500 for the C6 oled.

21 - 40 of 745 Posts