AVS Forum banner

6121 - 6123 of 6123 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you feel brave enough open it up and replace the caps on the HDMI board yourself, it'll take a couple of hours and the cost is very low. If that does not work apply heat to the DSP chip. Take your time and take lots of pictures before disassembly
any place i can reference what needs to be done, im confident doing board level repairs just not doing board level diagnosis. i grabbed an 805 for $100 off ebay... it kind of functioned, but i sent it back. went to the yamaha dealer near me, hes out of stock and isnt confident on when new stuff is coming in. may be working on the road for the next few years on and off so im not super ready to pony up for some separates or an audiocontrol unit just to have it sit unused most of the time. just super spoiled with the amp section on the 875.

·
Registered
57 Posts
any place i can reference what needs to be done, im confident doing board level repairs just not doing board level diagnosis. i grabbed an 805 for $100 off ebay... it kind of functioned, but i sent it back. went to the yamaha dealer near me, hes out of stock and isnt confident on when new stuff is coming in. may be working on the road for the next few years on and off so im not super ready to pony up for some separates or an audiocontrol unit just to have it sit unused most of the time. just super spoiled with the amp section on the 875.
Hi, I wasn't very logical about it. I just replaced all the caps on the HDMI board ( the cost is nothing). If that doesn't work apply heat to the DSP chip as that has been known to cause issues

·
Registered
785 Posts
I used to have a link in my sig to an ISO I made with the 805/875 firmware and software to update it. Looks like the forum has had a makeover and the sigs are all gone. If anyone needs that ISO, I still have it and can host it: http://www.goodboy.mygamesite.net/xx5_Onkyo_UpdatesISO.zip

I barely remember how to do it. If your main updater version was v1.01 or later, no jig was needed just the resistor thing. Schematics for that are included. A document with all of the directions is included. You will also need a usb to serial adapter, these are cheap and easy to find on Amazon for less than $10.

6121 - 6123 of 6123 Posts