AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious as to what people think about the sound quality of the OPPO for both regular cd's and dvd audio. More specifically, how does it compare with the pionneer 588?

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
sounds like 1's and 0's to me :)

·
Registered
590 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefft1314
Just curious as to what people think about the sound quality of the OPPO for both regular cd's and dvd audio. More specifically, how does it compare with the pionneer 588?
Suggest you order one and give it a try for 30 days. I believe it to be a nice sounding player, but I'm running it to a Theta Casanova to do the processing. If you're concerned with its own audio DAC processing, I've no experience there. Contact extremephono.com to see what their current return policy might be. I'm sure there are other distributors as well.

·
Registered
399 Posts
the audio dacs on the oppo are respectable. the analog outs perform pretty well. i had a $80 sony dvd player that was just terrible on the analog audio side.

take in mind i have a dedicated setup to 2-ch, with a tube integrated and music hall cd-25 cd player

so i would say it's pretty good as long as you don't do any critical listening with it....

·
Registered
12,976 Posts
Sounds great with the HK7200 and Paradigms. I use a 25ft optical cable so I can shelf mount the Oppo close to the projector. Make use of a short DVI connection.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.