AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't say enough good about this game. I finished HL2, ep 1 + 2 over the weekend, anyone who is on the fence about getting this game...just get it!!! You will not regret it.

I was wondering if anyone heard/read of new HL2 in the works? The way it ended sure left room for another episode. TIA..

·
Registered
6,992 Posts
Supposedly episode 3 is in the works, although I haven't heard anything for awhile, as well as Half-Life source, which I think is the original Half-Life redone with the source engine.

I really hope they come out, as I'd love to play through the first HL again.

Oh, and I agree that OB is the best gaming value I've seen in a long time (and I never even played the TF2 part).

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No doubt...and the funny thing is I have never even played TF2 either. If you want to play TF2 sometime...my GT is Xboxfan5167, add me if you like.

·
Registered
124 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino5167 /forum/post/12894236

I can't say enough good about this game. I finished HL2, ep 1 + 2 over the weekend, anyone who is on the fence about getting this game...just get it!!! You will not regret it.

I was wondering if anyone heard/read of new HL2 in the works? The way it ended sure left room for another episode. TIA..

Cool,now play portal. That alone is worth the cost of the orange box.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Helmet /forum/post/12895035

I forgot to mention that I played through Portal before HL2 , ep 1 + 2. I have not tried to do any of the advanced Portal puzzles, maybe I will go back an try them.

·
Registered
6,992 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino5167 /forum/post/12894425

No doubt...and the funny thing is I have never even played TF2 either. If you want to play TF2 sometime...my GT is Xboxfan5167, add me if you like.

Will do. I've been meaning to get in on that, but you know how it is...never played before and will suck, and I'm pretty involved in Mass Effect right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Helmet /forum/post/12894425

I'd have paid $39.99 just for Portal. I really hope they work on a sequel, or make it a big part of Ep3.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mproper /forum/post/12895061

Will do. I've been meaning to get in on that, but you know how it is...never played before and will suck

Funny that you mention that...I feel the same way about playing online and worrying about not being able to play well and outright suck at it. Then again you can't get better if you don't play.

·
Registered
909 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino5167 /forum/post/12895367

Have you check Ebay or Craigs List?

I've been checking ebay, prices for the OB are still kind of high. I'd like to get a copy for $25. Usually takes about 6 months.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
yeah, still a bit too new for that $25 price unless you find someone who was going to trade it in to a gamestore anyways, they'd probably only get $25 for it (maybe a little more)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Easily one of the best games to be released in years. Half-Life 2 is an amazing game, and even better on 360 then the first Xbox.

I'm not entirely sure why I got this for the PC instead of the 360, aside from it being a snowy night and I could get it from Steam, and the PC version being $10 less then the 360... Still, an amazing disc to put in your anything that runs it.

Portal is the most creative and interesting game to be released, and to stick it with the rest of Half-Life 2, there's no reason not to jump on this one.

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
I play TF2 pretty much nightly. Portal is very cool (haven't played it too much, but I think I only have 2 puzzles left), but TF2 is the reason I got the Orange Box.

·
Registered
909 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by the red worm /forum/post/12896032

yeah, still a bit too new for that $25 price unless you find someone who was going to trade it in to a gamestore anyways, they'd probably only get $25 for it (maybe a little more)

Yep, the gamestores get GREAT deals.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Also check out the developer commentary section in EP 1 and 2. The nice thing is that most of the bubbles that give you some cool insight are early on in the chapters so you can get to them quickly.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
I recently got Orange Box and Portal alone makes it all worth it! One of the best game play experiences I've ever had in gaming. I didn't expect such a good (and humorous) story. I really hope they release some DLC or "Special Edition" version that includes additional maps.

Also just started HL2, so far it's decent, but feels a bit dated. I'm going to stick with though since I'm curious about Episode 1 and 2.

·
Registered
174 Posts
yea i am running through it right now. it's hard to find time with all these good games, that and owning both systems.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Just got a 360 Elite last weekend and the Orange Box was the first thing I wanted to play (even though I got Bioshock, Halo 3, and Viva Pinata at the same time). So far, it hasn't left the disc drawer. Through Portal and about 2/5 through HL2. Both are amazing. Would love to try TF2, but I'm reluctant for the same reasons others have mentioned: Little FPS experience/skill and fear of getting pwned....repeatedly.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
What we need to do is get a TF2 newb game going...just to get some experience. ha I listed my GT in a previous post anyone who wants to play, add me if you like.

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
TF2 for newbs:

If you want to start in on the TF2 action, pick the engineer. You can rack up kills with the sentry gun even if you can barely aim your shotgun at anyone.

Another good option is the soldier. That class will be more like any other FPS you've played - he's got a rocket launcher and a shotgun and is good at offense.

Finally there's always the heavy. A giant gun that can really mow down the enemies, with no other options with the class really. Just sit back and let them come to you.

The other classes have a bit more nuances to just dive right in.

As for maps, start with 2Fort. It's a simple capture the flag map with both bases being the same layout. So run around your base for a while, figure out the layout, and then you know exactly how the other team's is as well. It's also the most popular map, so you can always find a game running with it.

Finally, don't be afraid to ask other people how stuff works or what you should do. Most of us are friendly.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts