Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS!

Hi:

I watched "The Others" on DVD last night and I really enjoyed it, though I kind of guessed the ending pretty early in the movie. The use of surround sound in that movie to heighten the tension was superb!

Now on to some questions to those that have already seen the movie:

SPOILERS:

I know this was never explained at the end of the movie, but what happens to Kidman's and the kid's characters. Do they hang out at the house as ghosts for all eternity? Or is this limbo where she will be doing pennance for the crime of murdering her children until she has reached some sort of attonement?

Also, do you think Kidman's character is pitiable or contemptible? Yes, she did kill her children in a fit of madness, but does her unwillingness to acknowledge the fact that she is dead chain her and the children to the house? Are the servants there as guides to free them?

Anyone?

·
Registered
358 Posts
There a few things that I don't understand is why did she kill her childs. Is it because the lose of her husband?

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
After another 100 views both of you will be asking, why did I ever have any questions it so simple. Just like Sutter Cane had figured out pretty darn much about "The Ninth Gate" the devil was the girl.

Believe me after I read Sutter Canes brilliant in depth movie review, that night I watched it and seen everything I had missed. My hat is still off to Mr. Sutter Cane and his brilliant deductions on his movie review. I look forward to the AVS member Sutter Cane future movie reviews!

I have an idea why don't the two of you send Sutter Cane a free DVD, in exhange for his brilliant deductons on your movie. :)

P.S. It might save you that 100 views I talked about. Have a nice weekend.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.