AVS Forum banner

121 - 140 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
1.09 best episode yet

Spoiler/in regards to 1.10 (preview)
preview for episode 1.10 said season finale instead of series finale...perhaps a s02

·
Registered
20,442 Posts
I did like last nights episode a lot. Finding out how everything is connected a little bit more than it seems. Looking forward to finale next week.

·
Registered
18,544 Posts
Great ending. Kinda wished they didn’t give us a preview for next weeks finale and left us guessing who made it and who didn’t.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
Very good episode - I loved the pacing and tension it created for the finale - wish they had that tight pacing through all 10 episodes and I still contend the show would have been AAA rated if it was 8 episode instead of 10

Interesting the preview said "SEASON FINALE" and not "SERIES FINALE" - I really, really hope they aren't stretching this to another season - wasn't this a self-contained SK novel? They can't stretch this another season right?

·
Registered
543 Posts
As a fan of the book I was intrigued by the luke warm response to this series in this thread. I'm only as far along as episode 4 and can understand some of those early complaints. If I hadn't read the book I don't know that I could have made sense of some of the disparate pieces in episodes 1-3.

I am not impressed yet but I am encouraged by the comments regarding the build up to the finale. Here's hoping...I told myself I'd stick though this before moving on to S2 of Altered Carbon.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Interesting the preview said "SEASON FINALE" and not "SERIES FINALE" - I really, really hope they aren't stretching this to another season - wasn't this a self-contained SK novel? They can't stretch this another season right?
That would be a bizarre move. It's bad enough to expand roughly four episodes worth of content into ten.

Maybe there will be a second season called "The Insider," where we find out that this was all an inside job. We were none the wiser to Ralph's true motives. :D

·
Registered
543 Posts
Finally caught up to E9...

Great ending. Kinda wished they didn’t give us a preview for next weeks finale and left us guessing who made it and who didn’t.
I thought they left it ambiguous...only one obvious death shown...then faded to black so you don't know who is left and who is not. I watched streaming and shut down at the credits...did they REALLY give away that in a preview for E10??!!

Very good episode - I loved the pacing and tension it created for the finale - wish they had that tight pacing through all 10 episodes and I still contend the show would have been AAA rated if it was 8 episode instead of 10

Part of the slowdown between E2 and E7 (or 8) is driven by the timeline for the "cycle" that isn't revealed until pretty late in the story-line...at least in the show.

The show is following the book pretty closely so unless SK has a sequel in the works it doesn't really leave room for a Season 2. I thought this made a pretty good stand alone story so I would be very disappointed if either were to become true.

Reactions: lax01

·
Registered
18,544 Posts
Finally caught up to E9...

I thought they left it ambiguous...only one obvious death shown...then faded to black so you don't know who is left and who is not. I watched streaming and shut down at the credits...did they REALLY give away that in a preview for E10??!!
They did leave it ambiguous... right up until the previews for the next episode. I won't say anything as not to spoil it. I will say I'm looking forward to it tho.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
That....that was not a good or well written or well thought-out ending...

Is that how the book ended? I could see it...

Shotgun blast - we got him!

"I don't even know if we can kill it"

Then the "hero" slams head with rock...

YUP, we got him...

I don't know...probably would be less pissed off if it was four episodes long...and they didn't leave a WEAK cliffhanger

·
Registered
18,544 Posts
Would have liked to see more questions and answers between Holly and El Cuco. But Ralph was having none of that. A heads up, there’s a mid credit scene. So if you have an itchy delete finger hold off for a bit.

Reactions: Ph8te

·
Registered
20,442 Posts
Would have liked to see more questions and answers between Holly and El Cuco. But Ralph was having none of that. A heads up, there’s a mid credit scene. So if you have an itchy delete finger hold off for a bit.

We never really see that with Stephen King though. This does remind me of the ending of things like IT. More about the journey then the final battle.

Yes I’m glad I stayed watching for extra “making” the last three episodes.

·
Registered
8,492 Posts
Do they really have conversations in the book? With El Cuco talking about how sweet children are?

First Holly and then Ralph going back and telling him he's not fooled and he's going to finish him off, because other cops will never believe them so he's not going to leave the body around for others to study?

Anyways, HBO must have wanted 10 episodes when they could have done this in 6 or at most 8. But they want people to subscribe for 3 or 4 months before they cancel.

Now they call it season finale so they may do another season, probably because the ratings were good, just like they did with Big Little Lies, which was suppose to be one and done.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Aside from Terry Maitland, I couldn't care less about these characters. They were so one-dimensional that I would have had no issue with them being served as El Coco's breakfast, lunch and dinner.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
I've said from the beginning that Ralph was a moron and incompetent and he shows it yet again.

What the hell was he doing? Does he have no training? He's a coward. When Andy was making a run for it, or when Seale was, why did he not give covering fire.

Why did he choose to cover up the whole mystery in the end? Its a huge deal if supernatural beings exist and he decides to destroy the evidence. What about the innocent people locked up for crimes they didn't commit - I guess cops don't care about that.

And what a cheap ending with the now obligatory after credit scene. I have my own theory that there are in fact 2 Holly's - that's why she has no clue who Terry was, and why she's listening to music, and the scratch.

All in all, the 1st 2 episodes were great, then it was all downhill.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Seems I'm in the minority but I really enjoyed the finale. I liked the way the creature was ultimately very vulnerable and not some kind of super-strength ninja. Without Jack around to do its dirty work it couldn't even protect itself.

Also thought the gunfight sequence at the beginning was very well done.

·
Registered
15,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #140
Seems I'm in the minority but I really enjoyed the finale. I liked the way the creature was ultimately very vulnerable and not some kind of super-strength ninja. Without Jack around to do its dirty work it couldn't even protect itself.

Also thought the gunfight sequence at the beginning was very well done.
I too enjoyed it and I enjoyed this series overall. I thought it was very well done and VERY well acted. It had a vibe in every episode that was undeniable. Was a must watch show every week. I hope they do additional seasons, but that has me worried as they would not have source material for it and I feel a GOT type issue with additional seasons.

121 - 140 of 171 Posts