AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the exception of some optional treatments & tweaks, the Palace is finished. Thanks to everyone in the forum, you made the 16 month project easier. Credits at bottom of message. More pictures in my AVS gallery. I also have six pages of design and construction pictures at my web site.

http://gallery.avsforum.com/data/501...SwagsClose.jpg

http://gallery.avsforum.com/data/501/38835SwagsLong.jpg

http://gallery.avsforum.com/data/501/3883503Back.JPG

Special thanks goes to Greywolf & MikeWh for the countless woodworking tips and tricks. You made me a better craftsman.

NittanyLionDen (my next door neighbor), thanks for the extra pair of hands, countless trips to Home Depot and helping me resolve some of the WAF issues.

Credits also go to the following members for advice and encouragement:

Z-Logics, Brian Ravnaas, MikeA, Larry Fine, BurkeLaShell, Brucer, ifeliciano, vshine, jhill32, ScottF200, BarryO, APorter, Frank D, Brett Wilson, CptnRandy, Art Sonneborn, Max Gault, dty, Fireball, Gator99, GTEdwards, Brian Hampton, poolboyclay, pcdoctor, PamW, ueb0258, McPheeA, BIGmouthinDC, Toxarch, DaveInBerlinNJ, tiptoen, Glacier991, bapenguin, sk8conz, Ted White, Fatman513, htjames, Tedd, Bobby_M, Airric, BigDanB, Max Spivak, chaz_m, brickie, curtisG, scottyb, MrSquid, Artisn, bob md, Ken Greene and maddogmc.

More pictures in my AVS gallery.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Simply awesome --I am really jealous --my plans for the room are just about finished! Enjoy a great movie --you deserve it

·
Registered
381 Posts
carmbruster

Outstanding results! You have very impressive woodworking skills and it definately shows with the final outcome. You have designed and fabricated a very "classy" theater.

Best regards

Don

·
Registered
109 Posts
Simply outstanding! I'm constantly amazed at what people on this forum can do with their passion, time, patience and their own two hands.

I love the steps on the stage, very grand.

Now for all the detailed info we all need. Room dimensions, screen size, first row seating distance, riser height, stage depth, acoustic treatments, color scheme details,etc, etc....

·
Registered
635 Posts
Stunning - what a work of art! I love colors, stage & details. As I finish off my humble theater, I have to start looking for a new house so I can build some larger & grander!

Also, I like to look for the seats, perhaps for my second row....where did you get these?

Bob

·
Registered
159 Posts
very nice!

just curious, did you use dual center channels? (looks like speaker grills both above and below the screen)

-jake

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
Awesome work man!!!!!!That's what i'm talking about.It looks super comfortable to be in!!And yes your woodworking skills are impeccable.You may have finally inspired me to go take some classes.

brickie

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks to everyone for the kind comments. Here are some answers to the questions being asked:

Room dimensions (17X14X8 excluding the staircase)

Screen size (8' wide, (16X9))

First row seating distance (1.5X screen width or 36 degrees)

Back row (26 degree viewing angle)

Riser height (12" plus an additional 2" boost under the seats)

Stage depth (actual = 5', infront of screen = 4')

Seat source: Kustom Ken. He passed away while I was firming up my order. His wife Bonnie took over and did a great job. Let me know if you need the contact info.

Two center channels?: Right now, no. But I planned for it w/ two openings and extra wiring. My main speakers are EPI Time/Energy Towers. I picked up a second pair on ebay and removed the drivers and cross overs so I can make a matching center. I am building an enclosure for the two 10" woofers and this will go below the screen. I am building a separate enclosure for the two 4" midranges and two 1" tweeters -- this will go above the screen. I did not have the space to put the big drivers above the screen. I have a friend who has this arrangement and it is one of the better center channels I've heard.

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
Very nice. I like the lights built into the columns.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Ay caramba!! That's really beautiful. I love the gold finial (crest?) in the center of the crown mold.

Everything is very tastefully done.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
is that a Milligan carpet. I used the same if it is, and we love it. Alas that is where the similarity between yours and ours ends :). I'll be able to tell my guests " if you only look down, it will feel like you are at Carmbusters Palace"

Beautiful job,

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Absolutely incredible!!! I love the wall treatment, the colors, the trim detail...everything! Enjoy the fruit of your labor.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Dittos on the Millikin carpet. that's what I have too.

Awesome job on the theater. That woodwork looks very difficult and you should be proud of how it turned out. Great job!

Steve

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Great looking room! The mix of color and the light trim really stands out. It's also nice to see a stage that looks like how I am planning to do it. The curved sides/stairs meeting the main curved part of the stage just looks great. It's something different and it's really nice to see someone with it.

I've already showed my wife the pictures and got the thumbs up.

Jerrod

1 - 20 of 81 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.