1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my HTPC with radeon video card.

when i pick up a PANNY 75U next week or 2

i will be using it with the htpc with a

combo of software (zoomplayer, dvdgenie, powerstrip)

to drive the 75u thru the vga port!

i will then adjust the gamma to ire 0

and play with different settings using powerstrip.

i use the ati dvd player which reads the flags and

gives me 3/2 pulldown.

now:

1) does THE 75U LIKE HIGH RESOLUTIONS?

2)DOES IT LIKE 72MHZ SO YOU DONT NEED

TO DO 3/2 PULLDOWN?

3) DOES IT LIKE TO BE SET AT 0 IRE?

4) IS THE NATIVE XGA RESOLUTION THE BEST

OR SOME OTHER CUSTOM SETTING?

5) IF YOU USE "ZOOMPLAYER" WHAT ARE YOUR SETTINGS

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
1) No, go with XGA as it avoids scaling by PJ which is almost always worst than HTPC.

2) No, LCD likes 60 Hz due to pixel refresh rates (like laptops LCD screens). Most newer PJ has 3/2 pulldown builtin to its video processor. Even the cheap VB50HRTV has 3/2 pulldown ($90 VGA/WVGA/SVGA/XGA Svideo/composite scaler/TV tuner--suffers MV so not good for DVD).

3) Yes, PJ that's over 700 lumens will like 0 IRE. Zoomplayer lets you set 0 IRE easily with one click of the button plus a myriad of other functions--check HTPC forum for more details).

4) Yes. Seen #1.

5) 0 IRE, ATI MMC 7.5 video/WinDVD 3.2 audio, aspect controlled by movie, autoplay and zoom on start on my LT150. Check HTPC forum for details.

·
Registered
697 Posts
hi

my exp with 75u\\pstrip\

ative win res.

if you are not running hdtv with pj same time like me.

{{{ i had to compromise.}}}

i did try 1024x768 alone with pj no pstrip. pic was good using ati dvd, i think after that i used it with p strip got more deep color. was good also.

then i bought transcoder key digital which didnt take 1024x768 even with sony xbr 700 so i had to lower it too 800x600 using power strip. to get tv +pj working at one set resolution.

i use pdvd for vob file its great. lower gamma it will work well on pj.

HUEY WILL SAY:

try ravisent its good i believe him cause i didnt try it, :D :D :D

good luck

·
Registered
455 Posts
I'm a little confused on what setting ZP to 0 IRE does for you ? Also - why would you use powerstrip with the 75u - I thought PowerStrip was for custom resolutions like you would need for the AE100. The 75U has a resolution that is native to most Video cards -1024 x 768. So what does PowerStrip buy you when used with the 75u ? Any Help ? Thanks.

·
Registered
697 Posts
hi

i had to use pstrip with pj cause i have tv also via htpc i use 800x600 w\\pstrip for both ,

if i didnt have hdtv i would use pj with 1024x768 native of htpc.

specially if you have video card with gamma control . when you lower gamma abit and brightness on card feature. then you will have 2 control from pj picture menu and card software+ dvd software thats another control so thats 3 control. you will get best pic ever imagine.

i use pdvd for vob its great.

for dvd i use ati player or varo player.

good luck safaa

·
Registered
697 Posts
hi

i forgot that using p strip on 1024x768 res was from me trying to get window displayto look like 16:9 not 4:3.

i did it put hdtv wont take that high res so i`m back to 4:3 on pj 16:9 on tv.

using 800x600 p strip

safaa

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.