AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I now have the Superbit Deluxe review of 'The Patriot' up on my site (signature).

Its kinda getting boring doing SB reviews, the difference in detail is always the same. :p Which is a good, no, a great thing, of course.

Maybe i should only do a new SB review when a title shows up that does NOT have typical SB benefits :)

We'll see.

Anyway, i also checked out Hollow Man SB-Deluxe and the difference is also as expected. This is a very 3D looking DVD, one of the best 1.85:1 transfers, period.

I would have much rather seen a SB version of this director's other strongly controversial movie, Starship Troopers, which was a much superior movie IMHO, but again, i don't want to discuss movie content.

The new Starship Troopers SE (non-SB) is the next review that i will post on my site, but this has to wait until tomorrow. Sorry.

Regards

Bjoern

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Hob,

Starship Troopers a little like Star Trek with spaceships and such but has much more violence, blood and guts. There are superb special effects with large insect like creatures doing battle with human soldiers. This dvd can be bought at the stores cheap yet it has an extremely good transfer. It comes thru perfect on my 11 foot screen and there are a couple of well known actors like Denise Richards and the guy who played "Doogie Houser". A little too much violence for me though.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
...and, IIRC, there's an interesting shower scene... :D

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Wedge,

Hilarious post!

--Jerome

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status