AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
They need to pay that 6 million to name their stadium somehow :) I think they would get a better investment on just lowering the cost of their products instead of blowing money on naming a stadium personally...

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Remember when Spike Lee tried to sue SpikeTV?

·
Registered
7,295 Posts
Many, many of these have the status of "terminated". I suspect "Monster Cable" is filing those in order to prevent "monster cable" from becomming generic and thus lose rights to the name. Much in the same way that "Coca-Cola" files trademark violations for use of the word "Coke" when used generically to mean "soda" or "soft drink". In order to protect the name, the "Coca-Cola Corporation" must prove that it does, in fact, defend the name.

Legal mumbo-jumbo that taps finite resources.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
It just goes to show, if you charge $80 for a cable that it takes $10 to make it leaves a lot of money to file law suits for their harrassment effect.

Rick R

·
Registered
7,295 Posts
Then there's "monster trucks", "Monster's Inc.", I think Steppenwolf recorded an album called "Monster". I guess the "Munster's" were smart and altered the spelling.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
WOW, yes another reason why I will never buy a Monster (can I say that when I am talking about Monster? Oops I said it again) product.

They are just pissed that job search company got the domain Monster.com

Uh-oh theres that word again...

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
They filed potential trademark damage against "Scooby-Doo and the Monster of Mexico"? Maybe if Monster Cables were made in Mexico, one could consider them the Monster of Mexico.

That manhours and trees, and taxdollars, are actually spent on processing this bs.

"Monster Attitude"

"I Am A Monster"

"MonsterMoney"

They are a monster, it would seem. But that's nothing new in the world of greed, I mean capitalism.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.