AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am really close to purchasing this set and wanted to hear good or bad things about the TV before I do. Does anyone know if this TV can do progressive modes (my research tells me no). I will I be pissed later on that i bought one without prog modes. It fits my budget and still gets my the 16:9 ratio.... any comments, I am probably goin philips cause i get a discount... but if u know any better philips model in a similar price range... pls let me kno

·
Registered
37 Posts
I would like to second this request; this looks like a good tv for the price, except for a few concerns I have:

I wish it came in black rather than silver, but I guess that's not necessarily a deal breaker.

It says it's got 3-line comb filter; isn't the 3-D Y/C better? How much better?

It does have " Eye Fidelity line-doubling system is user-selectable for progressive (480p) or interlaced (1050i) upconversion of standard analog TV broadcasts " [I assume that's a typo for 1080i]. Is that the 'progressive' feature? Is that the same as 3:2 pulldown?

I found the 60PW9383, I think, on a website, and it seemed like the only difference was the comb filter [83 had the 3-D Y/C or whatever one.]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.