AVS Forum banner

681 - 700 of 726 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Cyber Criminals

Is it possible to post the youtube.rar file link here?
Probably not, since the moderators all regard us as deadly Cyber Criminals meddling with our legally purchased products. God forbid! You'll probably be asking to change a fuse in your fridge next. I'm just relieved MI6 haven't come knocking on my door yet; I expect to be dragged off any day... ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I found one youtube_ver0_1__1920x1080__720p.swf script but when I run it through USB drive it says that its designed for Dune HD TV.
So it does not work :-(

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have played a couple of BDMV folders from my NAS so far.

It seems that there are issues whenever the movie's Dolby True HD track is played. In this case the movie stutters a lot and it is unwatchable.
Playing the Dolby Digital track ( French audio track for instance ) does not cause this problem.

I first thought it was due to the high bitrate HOWEVER I have had not had this problem playing Criterion Blu Rays such as Videodrome from my NAS
which use very high bitrates ( video bitrate around 35 mbit/s ! plus LPCM 1.0 track ). And the Star Trek's combined video and Dolby True HD audio track
are less, around 25-30 mbit/s combined.

I then found a way to play the movie nonetheless:

I renamed the BDMV into BDMVrenamed or whatever and played the m2ts video stream file containing the main movie ( in this case the newest Star Trek movie )
via NFS. This did not solve the issue. Same stutters. HOWEVER playing the same m2ts video stream file via DNLA did not cause that problem. The movie plays
perfectly ! I think this is a good workaround and I can live with it.
Playing the BDMV folder directly via DNLA did not work at all.

The only thing I miss is Netflix support :(

I had this too with any server and any BD rip, either ISO or BDMV. I have them on a Qnap NAS, an unraid server and a Thecus NAS. All servers are on my Gigabit network. On the Thecus and unraid server I found /proc/fs/nfsd/max_block_size which was set too high. I set the value to 4096 or 8192. O the Qnap server I lowered to UDP payload value to 4096. Now I can play all 2D BD-rips without annoying stuttering or sound breakups. 3D rips are placed on an external harddisk and played over USB on my BDP-450

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had this too with any server and any BD rip, either ISO or BDMV. I have them on a Qnap NAS, an unraid server and a Thecus NAS. All servers are on my Gigabit network. On the Thecus and unraid server I found /proc/fs/nfsd/max_block_size which was set too high. I set the value to 4096 or 8192. O the Qnap server I lowered to UDP payload value to 4096. Now I can play all 2D BD-rips without annoying stuttering or sound breakups. 3D rips are placed on an external harddisk and played over USB on my BDP-450
And Confederate, there really is no need to miss Netflix either. Just buy a stick! :)

https://www.google.co.uk/chrome/devices/chromecast/

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Amazon-W87CUN-Fire-TV-Stick/dp/B00KAKUN3E

https://www.roku.com/products/streaming-stick

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all, I am new to BDP-450, my previous player is "DUNE HD Base 3D" which the beauty of it has the movie catalogue system named "Yadis" and it can generate all the movie cover art, artist info and commentary..

I would like to know is there a similar software for Pioneer BDP-450.

Much appreciate all your help.
Hi, maybe you can advise me, i have a dune hd max and i am thinking of getting the pioneer bdp450, is there much difference in picture quality and sound quality. i am using a 100" projecting screen. thank you.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I just picked up a BDP-62FD, after being notified that my price was finally met.

Hooked it up last night, and am having what may be simple, or possibly even no problems at all, I just don't know.

I hooked it up in "seperate" mode, with one HDMI going to my Pioneer VSX 1021, and the other going to a Panny plasma.

Previously my BD source was a PS3.

When playing a BD, that was encoded Dolby TruHD, my A/V display shows "PCM", *not* "Dolby TruHD", like it would with my PS3 hooked up as the source.

I tried all the audio options on the player, Bitstream, PCM, and re-encode, no change.

Normally by hitting "auto-surround" on my A/V remote, it would find the proper setup for me. That doesn't help either.

What am I missing? Thoughts?

·
Registered
61 Posts
I just picked up a BDP-62FD, after being notified that my price was finally met.

Hooked it up last night, and am having what may be simple, or possibly even no problems at all, I just don't know.

I hooked it up in "seperate" mode, with one HDMI going to my Pioneer VSX 1021, and the other going to a Panny plasma.

Previously my BD source was a PS3.

When playing a BD, that was encoded Dolby TruHD, my A/V display shows "PCM", *not* "Dolby TruHD", like it would with my PS3 hooked up as the source.

I tried all the audio options on the player, Bitstream, PCM, and re-encode, no change.

Normally by hitting "auto-surround" on my A/V remote, it would find the proper setup for me. That doesn't help either.

What am I missing? Thoughts?
Never mind on my last post, it is suddenly working.

·
Super Moderator
16,237 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Ok we received the BDP-150 today and it came with V01.02 firmware, I see now that Pioneer has v1.08 on their website, so if I ever upgrade to it will I be able to downgrade later on, I just want to check it out before I load the custom firmware, not that I have any issue at all with v01.02, so far it played everything I thru at it, except for region B blu-ray discs, although id did play one original region B disc TAXI 4 maybe they just labeled it B on the case but they didn't actually code it.

·
Registered
551 Posts
After playing with the BDP-150 for over a week now, I see that after loading the CFW I can't keep BD-Live on all the time, every power down it goes to disabled by default, is there a way to keep it on or just to get rid of the message that pops up every time I load a disc?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Weird thing happened to 62fd 4.04. Today the TV shows "unsupported signal....", seems after play a PAL blu ray, it keeps output PAL on 'home menu', so the TV can't recognize it. Also HDMI->Resolution can't select "Auto".

·
Registered
66 Posts
Weird thing happened to 62fd 4.04. Today the TV shows "unsupported signal....", seems after play a PAL blu ray, it keeps output PAL on 'home menu', so the TV can't recognize it. Also HDMI->Resolution can't select "Auto".
The problem may be it shows 50hz on the panel, how to make it 60hz so TV can show menu.

·
Registered
66 Posts
anyone know how to get the 62FD out of 50hz mode? I tried to watch an Australian blu-ray and it switched the output to 50hz and now I've had to hook it up to a small PC monitor and I cannot seem to find anywhere how to return it to 60hz so my 52" and receiver will work with it. thanks.
Seems I have same problem with you. 62FD saves the 60hz, but the menu is at 60hz, did you figure out how to go back to 60hz?

681 - 700 of 726 Posts