AVS Forum banner

701 - 720 of 726 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Been awhile but I seem to recall it was a matter of putting an NTSC DVD into the player - not a PAL DVD or any Blu-ray
Yes, after upgrade my 62fd to CFW 0404 I lost PAL to NTSC automatic conversion as well , I can watch only Region B blurays in 24Hz not 50 Hz on Panasonic plasma. Put any DVD Region 1 60 HZ and Pioneer 62 fd will be back to NTSC....

·
Registered
4 Posts
PAL to NTSC

Been awhile but I seem to recall it was a matter of putting an NTSC DVD into the player - not a PAL DVD or any Blu-ray
Yes, after upgrade my 62fd to CFW 0404 I lost PAL to NTSC automatic conversion as well , I can watch only Region B blurays in 24Hz not 50 Hz on Panasonic plasma. Put any DVD Region 1 60 HZ and Pioneer 62 fd will be back to NTSC....

·
Registered
212 Posts
BDP-62FD Player

Hi everyone, I'm in the market for a new blue ray player, normally I just download everything I watch. I came across this player on kijiji and was wondering if this is a good player for 200cnd

·
Premium Member
845 Posts
Hi everyone, I'm in the market for a new blue ray player, normally I just download everything I watch. I came across this player on kijiji and was wondering if this is a good player for 200cnd
It is a good blu-ray player. I have one myself. Purchased for $200.00 U.S. when they were on clearance at Magnolia Home Theater in buffalo.

I think that price is kind of high since it is a 2012 model, however, I remember these units would not sell in Canada below $350.00 Canadian NIB.

Personally the price is a little high for 2nd hand player if that is the case.

All the best in your decision.

·
Registered
212 Posts
It is a good blu-ray player. I have one myself. Purchased for $200.00 U.S. when they were on clearance at Magnolia Home Theater in buffalo.

I think that price is kind of high since it is a 2012 model, however, I remember these units would not sell in Canada below $350.00 Canadian NIB.

Personally the price is a little high for 2nd hand player if that is the case.

All the best in your decision.

What would you say is a reasonable price ?

·
Registered
243 Posts
I have a BDP-62FD, I'm having a weird problem. Every old blu-ray movie I have plays fine, any new blu-ray I purchased over the past month keeps skipping in the player yet all of the old movies play fine. I purchased inside out, ant man and Jurassic World they all seem to skip like crazy during the movie previews but once the movie starts (if I can get past the freezing and skipping) the movie itself seems to play fine. has anyone heard of this? any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hey all. First post in this thread. Haven't needed to till now.

I have a BDP 150 & today all of a sudden it's decided it's too good to play DVDs.

Plays any Bluray fine. No problems. Just DVD not doing it.

Tried five different DVDs.

Anyone experience this or know of a fix?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey all. First post in this thread. Haven't needed to till now.

I have a BDP 150 & today all of a sudden it's decided it's too good to play DVDs.

Plays any Bluray fine. No problems. Just DVD not doing it.

Tried five different DVDs.

Anyone experience this or know of a fix?
I have new (old stock) BDP 450 which developed not reading DVDs and SACDs after just one hour of use.
Reads BluRays and CDs fine

I have ordered a new laser carriage with laser pickup SF-BD415
Hope this will fix it.
Does anyone know if I have to adjust the laser or just install?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/152031756638

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have new (old stock) BDP 450 which developed not reading DVDs and SACDs after just one hour of use.

Hope this will fix it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/152031756638
I got told it would cost more to fix than to buy a new one so I just bought a new one.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Hope this will fix it.
Did the new pick-up fix the problem?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I like to purchase this player:

Pioneer BDP 450 and I like to know if this player support MKV file with audio DTS HD master and Dolby True HD.

My marantz UD5005 support file MKV only with audio Dolby digital and DTS.

·
Registered
7 Posts
If anyone, at their own risk, wants to install custom firmware on the Pioneer BDP-450 then please contact me directly. I had an 'instructional' post but the moderator slapped my wrist and deleted it. :eek:

The modification can be done from version 2.12 (current) downwards.
Hello Scoughlan

Greetings from Norway!

If you're still around on this forum, reading this message and have a bit of spare time:
I would like your opinions and advices regarding a unused Pioneer BDP-450 with original firmware 2.09.

It seems I need to post 5 times before I can leave any contact info.

Kind Regards
Allan

·
Registered
7 Posts
Does anyone know if there's Region A BD-players (NTSC) that can accept 230V without an external adapter?
Any multiformat BD-players found at Amazon which actually plays all BD-zones?

·
Super Moderator
16,237 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I have a 62FD, but haven't used it in several months. I tried this weekend, but can't seem to get any sound via hdmi to my Marantz av7702mkii prepro. I've toggled between bitstream and pcm. The video output for blurays and sacd seem to work. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
I have a 62FD, but haven't used it in several months. I tried this weekend, but can't seem to get any sound via hdmi to my Marantz av7702mkii prepro. I've toggled between bitstream and pcm. The video output for blurays and sacd seem to work. Any suggestions?
Verify the HDMI output settings on the 62FD.

701 - 720 of 726 Posts