AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
12,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sony's Gamescom show ends with a new PS3 price for the 160 GB unit: $249. Amazon link.

Also announced is that the 320 GB PS3 unit is now $299, and it comes with inFAMOUS 2 and a month of PS Plus for free. Amazon link.

All of the stores should now have the newest model (CECH-3000 series) which by most accounts runs cooler and quieter than the previous Slim model.

·
Registered
753 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow /forum/post/20829211

All of the stores should now have the newest model which by most accounts runs cooler and quieter than the previous Slim model.

WOW my current slim is pretty much silent, but I guess compared to the original fat model everything else is considered quiet

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Great, time to put my 60gb launch model out to pasture....

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
damn that was fast.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII /forum/post/20829321

Good news for me. Now i just need GS to offer $200 for a phatty trade in.

Really regretting not jumping on that deal over the spring/winter (or whenever it was)

You know Tyrant, when mine died, I used amazon trade in.

Sent lots of old games, dvds, blu rays and had $280 worth.

Got a PS3 for 19.99us.

You could try that if you have old things to sell.

Just a suggestion,..

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashboard
Thinking about picking up a new one.. but I love my old fatty
Sure beats a pinner.

·
Registered
684 Posts
My original 60GB died yesterday. I just put my order in to Amazon.

·
Banned
1,428 Posts
This is a complete outrage. They should have raised the price back to $600 because of the tsunami.

This is worse than Weiner's crotch on Twitter.

·
Registered
12,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
From the PS Blog:

Quote:
In addition, a limited edition inFAMOUS 2 bundle is now available at participating retailers across North America. The bundle retails for $299 and includes a 320 GB PlayStation 3, a copy of inFAMOUS 2 and a 30-day membership to PlayStation Plus.

I don't know who the retailers are... Amazon and local Gamestop stores seem not to have them.

·
Registered
189 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow /forum/post/20830970

From the PS Blog:

I don't know who the retailers are... Amazon and local Gamestop stores seem not to have them.

Amazon does have it up for pre-order which I went ahead and did. I will post when they send me an update to the order. I'm hoping it is sooner than later. Time to clean up the old 40 GB and get it up on Craigslist.

http://www.amazon.com/PS3-320GB-inFa.../dp/B005DWVV0S

On a side note, does anyone have a link as to how to transfer the data on my old PS3 to a new unit? Should I simply back it up and transfer to the new one?

·
Registered
12,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Oh, thanks for the info. I'll add links above.

To transfer your stuff, follow these instructions to use the built in transfer feature. It'll easily move over whatever you have (except for less than 1% of the games with peculiar issues mentioned in the FAQ).

I'm thinking of getting a 160 gigger as well and passing on my launch phat to my kids.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.