AVS Forum banner

The PS3 "Must Have List" upcoming releases

1913 Views 23 Replies 22 Participants Last post by  PiLiPiNoY
So what are some of the games coming out Q1 & Q2 of 2010 that you guys are deaming as "must have" titles???
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Could you be more specific on type of genre of games you like to play ?

Sports: MLB 10 The Show

Action Adventure: God Of War III & The Last Guardian

Racers: Gran Turismo 5 & Modnation Racers

Others: Heavy Rain
See less See more
i like the way you broke it down actually. but, me specifically action adventure, rpg, shooters, and misc. but i was asking more as a general question to see what people on the forum thought were the games to get for themselves.

rpg: final fantasy XIII

action adventure: red dead redemption, God of War III,
For me, Heavy Rain tops the list. That could change as I'll be popping in the GoW collection this weekend
See less See more
FFXIII

GOWIII

Two absolute must haves for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conspiracy* /forum/post/18112077

FFXIII

GOWIII

Two absolute must haves for me.

same here..
Bad Company 2 and Last Guardian.
Has The Last Guardian been confirmed for Q1/Q2 of 2010? I know it's supposed to appear sometime in 2010, but I haven't seen anything more specific than that. It's on my "must buy" list, whenever it comes out.

Other than that: Heavy Rain, Bioshock 2, Yakuza 3. Probably GOW III and maybe Red Dead Redemption.
I'll buy anything you can make into an acronym followed by some numbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martez /forum/post/18112465

Bad Company 2 and Last Guardian.

Ditto... those are my only "for sure" day one/pre-order purchases. Although, there are a lot of games that I'm interested in, I'm really bothered by the $70 pricepoint we have for games up here in Canada.

The only games I have ever paid $70+ dollars for are Valkyrie Chronicles and Demon's Souls Deluxe Edition. I was willing to pay msrp for those 2 games because of the strategy guide for DS and there was talk (at the time), that VC was no longer going to be published. I'm dying to play ME2, but I forgot to pre-order the Collector's Edition (busy time of year). Not only did I miss out on the version that I really wanted, I missed out on the EB bonus armor and heavy weapon, too. So now I'm just waiting for it to go on sale.

I don't mind paying $70 for BC2, because by pre-ordering it, you automatically get the Limited Edition with the early unlocks. Also, BC1 is the only multiplayer game that I have ever spent an extended amount of time on. The Last Guardian is a Sony developed property and usually those are only $60. I'll probably pick up GoW3 and MNR too, but FFXIII, GT5, Bioshock2, Heavy Rain, Alan Wake & Splinter Cell Conviction will all probably have to wait. Also, it seems that if you wait long enough, you wind up with a better (GOTY or Gold Edition) version.

Even so, it's going to be a really expensive year.
See less See more
Bad Company 2 and GTA DLC are on my list so far.
GoWIII, BFBC2, Heavy Rain, and FFXIII are all technically being released in Q4 2009.

Q1 and Q2 2010 = April-September. Not much has been set in stone for that time frame. Red Dead Redemption and SSFIV are the only big ones I know of with a firm release date. We have no idea when GT5 or The Last Guardian are due. At the rate both of those studios work, it could easily be Q4 2010 (calendar 2011) or later.
See less See more
Shooter: Medal of Honor

AA: BioShock 2
Heavy Rain

Split Second

Modnation Racers

Red Dead Redemption
Heavy Rain

GOW3

GT5

FFXIII

Another exciting year of great games
See less See more
I think I'm going to stick to GoW3 and Mod Nation Racer. The others look good, but I don't want to buy everything day 1. My buddy will buy FFXIII so I can barrow it. Heavy Rain looks cool, but I will have to resist the temptation and pick it up used.
Unfortunately, the list of good games are too close to each other, so I just joined the BB club where I can rent 1 game and return them for a monthly fee. This gives me a chance to try a lot of different games. However, games that I will purchase are:

White Knight

Final Fantasy

God of War

DC Universe

Games that I will play this year:

Almost evey other PS3 game released this year thanks to Block buster.
See less See more
My goozex queue is overflowing.

I have 3 games I haven't even started sitting on my coffee table

See less See more
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.