AVS Forum banner

61 - 80 of 408 Posts

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Bill,

Just stumbled upon your thread...thanks for your service and I look forward to watching your theater get built. Quick question, do you have air intakes/outtakes going to your equipment closet? If not, do so...those rooms can get quite toasty.

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
One other tip...don't run wires through studs unless they are going through smurf tube or PVC...while you may think you'll never need to run another wire, you always seem to have to in the future (I learned the hard way on this one).

·
Registered
4,842 Posts
WOW! Nice progress! I see that military discipline and retirement time are both paying off.

One question - what's up with the in-ceiling boxes shown in a couple of shots. They have 3-wires like ceiling fans will be installed. If that's the case, the way they are installed won't work well with your clips, channel and double 5/8" drywall from soundproofing and depth (of the box) perspectives.

·
Premium Member
1,799 Posts
That's a nice look. Are you going to go with lighter colors, such as your example pics? Or keep that design, but go with a darker color scheme?

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenP  /t/1468993/the-retirment-dream-home-theater/60#post_23293488

That's a nice look. Are you going to go with lighter colors, such as your example pics? Or keep that design, but go with a darker color scheme?
I will most likely go with dark colors reds and black or very dark grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lem  /t/1468993/the-retirment-dream-home-theater/60#post_23295334

Looks great! What are you thinking to use for a remote control for equipment?
Still a way off I know it will be an IR repeater to IP type system so I am going to run a few CAT-6 to the front.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Looks Great, will the walls an ceiling be Two layers of 5/8 drywall or one layer of 5/8 OSB then 5/8 drywall?

61 - 80 of 408 Posts