AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was under the impression (from what their site says) that they do NOT alter and/or upconvert ANY HD movie they show. On Saturday night, they ran The River Wild and it was CROPPED. I compared the DVD version and it was so bad I wouldn't even watch it let alone think of taping. Sad!

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
This is pretty common practice for Universal HD -- they've shown some 2.35:1 movies in their original aspect ratio, but those seem to be the exception rather than the rule...

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
The channel is a complete joke. Crop it all and no DD5.1. I'm glad my cable company doesn't even have it.

·
Registered
28,329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Stevens
The channel is a complete joke. Crop it all and no DD5.1. I'm glad my cable company doesn't even have it.
Not me; I'm steamed about it. Why? BSG in HD, that's why. I'd take the channel just for that and that alone. And don't they do Karen Sisco reruns? That's 2 reasons! A pox on TWC. :mad:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Monk reruns are being phased out and they will be showing the crappy and cancelled Medical Investigation show in its place.

The good thing is that it looks like they are simulcasting the US Open.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by keeper
Hands down the worst hd channel on D*. They should save the space and remove it. What a total joke.
Since there are a whopping 3 other channels (full-time HD, non-pay) to compare it to, that's not saying much. Although it's not the greatest, the concept is good, and it provides us with more HD. I've enjoyed a few movies and Monk reruns. If I didn't have D*, I couldn't see being glad that my provider doesn't carry it :confused:.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpco
Since there are a whopping 3 other channels (full-time HD, non-pay) to compare it to, that's not saying much. Although it's not the greatest, the concept is good, and it provides us with more HD. I've enjoyed a few movies and Monk reruns. If I didn't have D*, I couldn't see being glad that my provider doesn't carry it :confused:.
Agreed. D*'s had package is pretty pathetic. Not much of a value unless you like constant runs of Law and Order, The District, Sunrise Earth, and concerts being played on iceburgs. A few movies and sporting events are nice though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.