AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
10,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Rock BD comes with a $10 rebate (with the usual "see inside for details"). Now what is the detail. I don't want to buy it and then have to send my SD DVD (Criterion).

Can anybody help me by letting me know entails for the $10 rebate?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Cut out the proof of purchase tab or upc codes from both the blue ray and the SD DVD and copy of the reciept for the blu ray version and your all set. No need to send in the actual dvd - my Criterion did not have the proof of purchase tab so I cut out the upc code bar.

·
Premium Member
26,161 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rveras /forum/post/12856141

I bought my copy at Wal-Mart and the rebate was not inside. Is the rebate form available online?

Not that anyone has pointed out. You have to call their 800 number, which has been posted in the deals thread and one of the Rock review threads.

But, there is no guarantee that they will accept a receipt of Walmart or in the OP's case the UPC tab from Crit. disc. (since Crit. is not disney/buena vista/touchstone). It would "appear" that BB was the only retailer that had copies of Rock and Con Air with the rebates and stickers adv. the rebates...at least I haven't seen others saying I bought the Rock at X retailer besides BB with the rebate form.

Ron

·
Registered
369 Posts
I ordered from DVDPlanet and the rebate forms were inside (and stickers outside). It's not just a BB thing, although obviously an etailer is a little different.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I think Walmart has the cheapest price $18.96 vs. every other BM store at $24.95. That may be a reason for no stcker.

·
Premium Member
26,161 Posts
Thanks Rooper for the info.

rr6966: that could be. I used the $5 disney coupon floating around on each of the titles, so the net was less than $15. If the rebate offer goes through, that's just icing on the cake.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I got both Con-air and The Rock at Fry's for 19.99 each with rebate coupon in the box and stickers about the rebate on the front.

I also was sure to check NO on whether I would have bought the titles without the rebate ( a question on the rebate form). I would suggest we all do this to promote future rebates for current owners.

I remember a rebate system for owners of titles like Snow white and other disney classics for DVD owners who owned the title on VHS.

I have every first line Disney animated feature on DVD (almost 50 titles). I would replace every one for 19.99-23.99 if they all offered a 10 dollar rebate.

·
Registered
6,666 Posts
Note one important thing - the rebate form states that the store receipt must be from a store located in the same state you are.

So as long as you buy from a B&M store you should be fine, but if you buy from DVD Planet or Amazon, you may be out of luck.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr6966 /forum/post/12858850

I think Walmart has the cheapest price $18.96 vs. every other BM store at $24.95. That may be a reason for no stcker.

Went to buy buy today at lunch and they have it for $14.99!

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
the $5 disney coupon expired 2/14.

The rebate is for DVD owners and you can redeem it ONE TIME. That means if you bought all 3 movies...only one rebate.

The ORIGINAL form is required. Criterion versions of the DVD are accepted as the form says any version of the DVD is fine.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Forgive me if I was out of line for thread-bumping this particular thread, but I wanted to bring to attention my update regarding The Rock $10 MIR; like a few folks here, I own the Criterion version and as such, cut out the UPC code to submit as my POP tab for owning the "original" version. Fast-forward to today, where I got a letter from the (I assume Buena Vista) "Fulfillment Center" stating that my request did not include the correct POP(s). Now I know exactly what I submitted, 'cuz they returned my rebate form--stapled to the envelope I mailed the form in--complete w/ the two tabs (Criterion UPC and POP tab taken from the BD copy) I taped to it.

Guess I'm gonna have to call them to see exactly why they apparently would not accept the Criterion UPC; I know it ain't because I didn't submit the correct POP for the BD copy, which AFAIK has "Stock No. 53682A / PROOF OF PURCHASE / THE ROCK" printed on the POP tab.

Will let you folks know what happens...

·
Registered
10,937 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by toneman /forum/post/13219616

Forgive me if I was out of line for thread-bumping this particular thread, but I wanted to bring to attention my update regarding The Rock $10 MIR; like a few folks here, I own the Criterion version and as such, cut out the UPC code to submit as my POP tab for owning the "original" version. Fast-forward to today, where I got a letter from the (I assume Buena Vista) "Fulfillment Center" stating that my request did not include the correct POP(s). Now I know exactly what I submitted, 'cuz they returned my rebate form--stapled to the envelope I mailed the form in--complete w/ the two tabs (Criterion UPC and POP tab taken from the BD copy) I taped to it.

Guess I'm gonna have to call them to see exactly why they apparently would not accept the Criterion UPC; I know it ain't because I didn't submit the correct POP for the BD copy, which AFAIK has "Stock No. 53682A / PROOF OF PURCHASE / THE ROCK" printed on the POP tab.

Will let you folks know what happens...

I was worried that would happen. I also have the Criterion version and simply cut the UPC out from the outer box wrapper and sent that in. I was tempted to make a photocopy of the back of the Criterion box to demonstrate I actually owned it but didn't think they would actually be stupid enough not to know about the Criterion edition.

The rebate form clearly states ALL DVD versions are eligible for the rebate.

Jerk offs!

·
Registered
369 Posts
I got the same rejection letter, but for Con Air. Both my tabs clearly say Con Air, one for the DVD one for the Blu-Ray. I don't know how much clearer it could be. Seems to be just something they're doing to a bunch of people.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooper /forum/post/13220338

I got the same rejection letter, but for Con Air. Both my tabs clearly say Con Air, one for the DVD one for the Blu-Ray. I don't know how much clearer it could be. Seems to be just something they're doing to a bunch of people.

Which release? I wonder if they completely forgot that they had the initial Con Air and then the "Extended" version that came out not too long ago? Does it specify which one applies here? I mean there were at least two version of all three titles on DVD at some point.

The thing that chaps my ass is the fact you have to cut out the UPCs. I wish they had inserts like Warner did on their cardboard/plastic cases where you didn't have to damage the case to get a rebate. Just pull the strip out the middle and it was a done deal.

·
Registered
369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Rein /forum/post/13220791

Which release? I wonder if they completely forgot that they had the initial Con Air and then the "Extended" version that came out not too long ago? Does it specify which one applies here? I mean there were at least two version of all three titles on DVD at some point.

The thing that chaps my ass is the fact you have to cut out the UPCs. I wish they had inserts like Warner did on their cardboard/plastic cases where you didn't have to damage the case to get a rebate. Just pull the strip out the middle and it was a done deal.

It was the newer unrated cut. I guess they were looking for the old barebone release, but the form says any previous version, so they all should count.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts