AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
3,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just watched THE SAINT on Cinemax HD and it looked great.I mean it was a beautiful clear and full of color picture.The color is what struck me the most.Very vibrant sweetness to the picture.Of coarse it doesn't hurt seeing Elizabeth Shue in HDTV.Overall a really excellent job with this movie and I really liked this movie too.Kind of a fun sit back and relax don't think too much popcorn movie.Anyone else catch this movie?Whats your thoughts?Now ROAD TO PERDITION and CATCH ME IF YOU CAN not so good.Maybe its a Tom Hanks thing.These just did not cut it for me in HD.Thanks J.H.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Didn't catch in in HD, but I like this movie a lot. I've seen it several times.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Yes, it looks great (even for a zoom & crop). Caught it a few weeks ago, I have the dvd and really enjoy the movie. Like you said Elizabeth Shue is a flat out beauty.

·
Premium Member
2,399 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by J.H.
Do yourself a favor and catch the next HD showing.It looks awesome. J.H.
I wish I could.:mad: Come on D*** and E***.:mad:

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
It does look great. Wish I'd caught it from the beginning. I wonder why HBO decided to show it OAR. I hope they are changing their policy.

·
Registered
19,235 Posts
It definitely was OAR 2.35.

It's important to put OAR and HBO together in the title or many of us will disregard it. I don't bother looking for OAR on HBO anymore.

On again tonight- I'll catch it then.

·
Registered
7,655 Posts
well, I know this is heresy in here but ill say it anyway, I kinda like seeing the HD movie completely fill my widescreen. (ducks, and waits for the tomatoes to fly towards me) lmao

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
it is on tonight on HBO, and it is OAR on HBO-HD

black bars and everything ;P

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Just watched the 6:30 Est. showing, missed the first 15 minutes though.

Pretty good PQ, and I liked the movie, I only remember seeing small parts before now.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Lee K., same here.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.