AVS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went through 2 pairs in less then two weeks with the same issue.


I'd be watching a movie and the image would distort, get dark and separate and then move back into sync.


I have a 2nd pair for guests and placing a little bit of tape on the 2nd pair seemed to work but the others just would not sync at all no matter what I would do they would fall in and out of sync constantly.


Finally migrated over to the Samsung rechargeable and hoping for better results.


I went back to the movie that gave me the most trouble which was "Alice in Wonderland 3d" (imported from Amazon France FYI) and no issue. Replayed all the scenes where the glasses had failed me the most.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augerhandle /forum/post/19504101


Tape? Please elaborate on this.

If you place a small piece of opaque tape over the sensor on the glasses it does eliminate a lot of the sync issues and crosstalk that other users have been talking about.


I am hopeful that these new glasses will not need that sort of adjustment and will be selling my other pair of The Samsung SSG-2100AB's while they still work.


To be clear I bought two pairs and have taken back one pair twice having the same issue.


The new rechargeable seem more durable and hopefully won't have the same issue of losing sync every 45 seconds or less.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
407 Posts
Mine work great - no tape required.


I got up to crank the thermostat last night and noticed them lose sync for the first time when I was literally 90 degrees to the emitter. I for one can't believe how well these operate... just me though. Obviously there's a wide range of experiences with them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin-Dawson /forum/post/19504207


Mine work great - no tape required.


I got up to crank the thermostat last night and noticed them lose sync for the first time when I was literally 90 degrees to the emitter. I for one can't believe how well these operate... just me though. Obviously there's a wide range of experiences with them.

What I honestly think is that there is just a bad batch of these glasses on the shelves and it's luck of the draw so to speak as to which batch you wind up getting at purchase time.


In my case only 1-3 pairs I essentially had actually continue to work sans of course the piece of tape over the sensor which seemed to correct the issue on that one pair but not on the other two I had to replace.


I am selling my last pair and will most likely pick up another of the rechargeable ones or those glasses that other uses discovered called Ultra Clear after I have seen more feedback.


Consider yourself lucky that your pair work lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,991 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigric /forum/post/19504137


If you place a small piece of opaque tape over the sensor on the glasses it does eliminate a lot of the sync issues and crosstalk that other users have been talking about.


I am hopeful that these new glasses will not need that sort of adjustment and will be selling my other pair of The Samsung SSG-2100AB's while they still work.


To be clear I bought two pairs and have taken back one pair twice having the same issue.


The new rechargeable seem more durable and hopefully won't have the same issue of losing sync every 45 seconds or less.

Tape over the sensor?


It appears to me that you are getting IR interference from other sources in the room.


Try adjusting the ambient lighting in your room. Start with a darkened room and see if it makes a difference. Do you have mirrors or other highly reflective surfaces in the room? You may be getting reflected IR signals that are out of sync with the main signal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,991 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigric /forum/post/19504043


Went through 2 pairs in less then two weeks with the same issue.


I'd be watching a movie and the image would distort, get dark and separate and then move back into sync.


I have a 2nd pair for guests and placing a little bit of tape on the 2nd pair seemed to work but the others just would not sync at all no matter what I would do they would fall in and out of sync constantly.


Finally migrated over to the Samsung rechargeable and hoping for better results.


I went back to the movie that gave me the most trouble which was "Alice in Wonderland 3d" (imported from Amazon France FYI) and no issue. Replayed all the scenes where the glasses had failed me the most.

I found a thread regarding your problem. http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...3#post19398633


In a nutshell, the emitter on the TV may be installed upside down:
Quote:
[snip] ...Next day I get a call and he tells me he has it solved and we'll be out in a hour to fix. I giggle like a school girl.


He arrives, and as we are doing our master/apprentice thing for the umpteenth time, he tells me he had a job that morning to fix an 55" 8000 series IR emitter and realized that the emitter on my set was installed the opposite direction!! I spill a box of matches on the ground to see if his savant like skills work in other applications but no such luck.


So a little switcheroo, cover back on, back on the wall, system on, DVD playing, glasses on, us holding hands on the couch AND....


Wait for it.


BAM, perfect 3d content bad room lighting in all! I moved all over the room, shook my head and never lost sync. Problem solved!... [snip]

Another post mentioned a reset of the TV fixed the problem. http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...9#post19495199
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augerhandle /forum/post/0


What model TV are you using?

Samsung 50 inch 720p plasma. Not at home but off top of my head i want to say it is the 490 model.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,160 Posts
You might want to figure out what your problem is before you bash a product. I also have 4 pairs (2 from the Mits adapter and 2 from HTTYD kit) and they work fine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by WirelessGuru /forum/post/19505262


You might want to figure out what your problem is before you bash a product. I also have 4 pairs (2 from the Mits adapter and 2 from HTTYD kit) and they work fine.


Nope the new glasses work great and pretty confident in my bashing of the older glasses as they are indeed garbage.


I will stick by my original post.


Sensor seems to be fine and is not upside down as was the case with the other owner.


I just got unlucky and got two pairs of glasses that were garbage.


Mind you the new glasses are Samsung but of much better quality in their build and have had zero sync issues
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigric /forum/post/19505474


Nope the new glasses work great and pretty confident in my bashing of the older glasses as they are indeed garbage.


I will stick by my original post.


Sensor seems to be fine and is not upside down as was the case with the other owner.


I just got unlucky and got two pairs of glasses that were garbage.


Mind you the new glasses are Samsung but of much better quality in their build and have had zero sync issues

Agree, I also had the same problems, and many other on this forum too. I had to get my first two pairs changed at the store. The new ones are not as bad but I still had to put tape on the sensors to make them work 95% of the time. They still freak out from time to time… By the way I took them to the store and they did the same thing they did in my house. I didn’t change them again afraid of getting worse ones. They also act up more on the plasma tvs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
149 Posts
I've heard the emitter is installed backwards in the tv and has nothing to do with the glasses.


My Samsung glasses that came with the Mitsubishi kit are great.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoodily
I've heard the emitter is installed backwards in the tv and has nothing to do with the glasses.


My Samsung glasses that came with the Mitsubishi kit are great.
The person that had the emitter installed backwards had a complete different problem. He had to be real close to the tv for them to work. On my tv the glasses turn on from 20 feet away at an angle with no problem. So, no is not the emitter but faulty glasses that are too sensitive to a bright screen or interference from the plasma display itself, even the after market glasses work better than these.


Not to put Samsung down, I really like this TV. If I didn’t I would have taken it back. It looks so good that I will live with it, till they come out with better glasses, these were free anyways…
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Hi there,I've recently brought 3 pairs of the Samsung SSG-2100AB/XS glasses,now I just can't seem to get them to work with my tv at all,my tv model is Samsung LED 3D- UA40D6600,when I push the button on the top right of the glasses the button goes red then turns off about a sec later,I'm wondering if they're compatible with the tv i have,as the one pair of glasses that came with the tv work fine,very annoying as I have just brought the extra glasses to find they ain't working


Any help would be great,thanks
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top