AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just as it sounds like my theater build is mainly based around second hand gear and somere-ferb gear. There is a long sob story that could go on for a bit about why I am going this route but I figure I would post just the details of the build and ask questions accordingly.

So right around 3 years ago my wife and I decided it was time for us to buy a house. We were able to buy a brand new home that was just being built. I talked the contractor about doing a little work on the weekends around his schedule to prep for some home networking and a AV distribution network throughout the home.

The wife is cool with a mini home theater as long as the rest of the basement is finished before we do the theater. She has been reading up on some of the projects here and sees the pitfalls of getting the rest done if that happens first.

So we have been able to save some money (so far) by finishing the basement ourselves. So far I have framed up the basement rooms and added some channeling from the upstairs rooms to the main network and cable location in the laundry room. I have been working on getting the electrical boxes and lights in place so I can start pulling power in and getting the boxes going. The power is going to be a issue as I haven't done any power before and most advice I have gotten from people is contradictory at best. So I figured I would use this thread to ask some questions of you fine folk as I go along.

With that out of the way Onward to the plan! (with pictures I hope)

[CENTER][MEDIA="flickr"]4037808108[/MEDIA][/CENTER]
[CENTER][MEDIA="flickr"]4037808108[/MEDIA][/CENTER] post[/URL] by [URL='http://www.flickr.com/people/[email protected]/']drewmantrivia[/URL] , on Flickr

Here is the basement room that I get to setup in. Not a lot of room with only 15'x15' to work with but I think I can make it a decent viewing room. I have re-routed some of the water and drains in the north wall to allow for in wall moveable/removable rack. I hand built the rack round some cheap rails I got my hands on from a local vendor that was going out of business.

[CENTER][MEDIA="flickr"]5961639911[/MEDIA][/CENTER]
[CENTER][MEDIA="flickr"]5961639911[/MEDIA][/CENTER] wall[/URL] by [URL='http://www.flickr.com/people/[email protected]/']drewmantrivia[/URL] , on Flickr

I'm hoping that this will give me a little more space to work with and a bit cleaner install when I'm all done.

Anyways will continue with more in my next post. Thanks for looking!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.