Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
 http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/wink.gif

1) My vigil will only be over after I buy a projector, and sit down in my own personal HT..

2) It is "CAIN", no "e" like "Cain and Abel".. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/wink.gif

3) I am so envious of you getting to see this projector I can hardly stand it !!!!

Please check it out thoroughly, give it your GB&U test that killed the HT250 and let me know if this projector passes. Also let me know how this projector looks compared to your HT200DM.

Take care,

-- Cain (no "e")

·
Registered
441 Posts
Several stores seem to have them in stock now. The only problem is the stores I have spoken to want close to full list on them. I expect that in the near future they will sell for considerably less. I guess I'll have to wait a little longer.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Albert from Harvey Electronics just called to inform me that MY Sharp just came through the door. I had asked him to let me know when they would arrive about three months ago. I'm now going over there to see what's cooking.

How will I break the news to him about my recent purchase of the Seleco? Hmmmm...maybe I won't say anything yet. Maybe I'm going to really look this new baby over, and who knows? Hey, that's why we got e-bay, right!

And does this mean Cain's vigil has finally come to an end? Is his perpetual crusade for the Z-9000 really finally over? And the really BIG question--will he now step up to the plate for this baby he raves about? Wow! I don't know if I can handle all of this excitment!

Peter M

[This message has been edited by videonut (edited 09-06-2001).]

·
Premium Member
7,219 Posts
I know where you can get it for a couple of grand less.

------------------

Never become so involved with something that it blinds you.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Bulldogger, ...couple of grand less ?!?

Can you be more precise ?

·
Registered
491 Posts
Tom,

The top cover on the former one seems to have a more matte finish to it, like aluminum. The top cover on the latter one seems to have a much more shiny, polished look to it. Seems also that the color of gray has not yet been calibrated by ColorFacts on one of them, God knows which one though.

Want to see it cheap ?

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
NiToNi,

Tried your link...don't speak Japanese.

------------------

Jeff

Currently - Zenith 7" CRT, 80x60 1.3 gain screen

Soon to be - 107x60 1.3 gain...with whatever higher rez DLP gets its act together (finally)with Panamorph or B stock/etc 9" CRT

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
I was able to spend 30 minutes alone with a Sharp 9000 yesterday. Just me, the projector, an HD source, and an 18-20 foot wide screen.

Let me say, this thing looked great. I was able to control the light. At levels similar to a summer day in houston with the shades drawn (no direct light, but lots of ambient) it did look a bit washed out, but definitely watchable. I never turned the light all of the way off because it didn't seem necassary. With just a little ambient light, it was amazing.

I watched several different scenes

- some ocean/coatal shots with lots of waves and swimsuits

- a sports montage with a HD NFL shot, some olympics shots, and a picture of the Stars and Stripes (the flag, not the boat). Let me say, the red looked like red, not orange.

- they also had a clip or music video from Blues Brothers 2000 with the actors and two r&b singers, all of whom were wearing black, and it was black, not grey.

I couldn't see any screen door or rainbows, even from six feet away from the screen.

-phil

·
Registered
412 Posts
The screen size was 18-20' and the picture looked that good?? What screen size do you think would be ideal? Or do you think it can honestly be kept at 18' or so and perform really well? This is great news, since I would love to have the biggest screen size possible and still sit relatively close. And pay less than $10k for the machine!

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Phil, 18-20ft widescreen!? I find that kinda hard to believe with this projectors light output. I could see maybe 9-10ft but, 18-20ft? I still can't believe the picture held together that well, no pixel structure? were you 30ft back? http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif Thanks for the comments on this projector, I can't wait to see one!

Tom

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
The screensize is an estimate. It was definitely larger than 10'.

In general I stood about 25' back, but I did walk up to see where the pixels became visible, that was about 6' back.

-phil

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.