AVS Forum banner

3201 - 3220 of 3235 Posts

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,201
Hmmm....so this is what happens when a thread doesn't get regular theater build updates!! I honestly didn't realize the level of desperation to keep the conversation going in my absence! For this, I am truly sorry.... ;)

I feel like I'm in a constant state of 'catch up' with this thread, but I'll redouble my efforts to ensure high-quality AV content and an "LS-swap" free zone. :D

Meanwhile, last week I was finally able to check off an AVS Forum theater visit 5+ years in the making....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,947 Posts
Hmmm....so this is what happens when a thread doesn't get regular theater build updates!! I honestly didn't realize the level of desperation to keep the conversation going in my absence! For this, I am truly sorry.... ;)

I feel like I'm in a constant state of 'catch up' with this thread, but I'll redouble my efforts to ensure high-quality AV content and an "LS-swap" free zone. :D

Meanwhile, last week I was finally able to check off an AVS Forum theater visit 5+ years in the making....

Tim,

Outstanding !!!

Terry

·
Registered
452 Posts
...for a minute there, I thought I was going to the Stonewater Cinema build...end of the hall, then 3rd door on the left or was it right?

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
EXACTLY p3bham! The force is strong with TMcG!

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Lol!

·
Premium Member
2,947 Posts
We may have to talk some more about cars since that seems to bring Tim back...
Tim must be running doing his thing as I have not seen him post over on my main thread in sometime now.

Nor this main thread of his.

Let's see if a few New Images will get his Attention guys. :D :) :D

Merry Christmas Tim from Cathy, Terry & Rascal the "Maine Coon Male Cat".

Terry

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
Hello Tim....just checking to make sure you are ok. Haven't seen a post from you since last year!

·
Premium Member
2,947 Posts
Hello Tim....just checking to make sure you are ok. Haven't seen a post from you since last year!
ereed,

Just as a Heads-Up Tim is Alive & Well we have texted each other over the months that have passed.

I didn't ask Tim but I'm thinking he is much-much more involved with his young-children and wife with this Covid-19 thing.

So, for those interested Tim is still above ground guys. :D :) :D

I think (Opinion) the H/T thing is on hold ......................

Terry Honaker
USA

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,215 (Edited)
I didn't ask Tim but I'm thinking he is much-much more involved with his young-children and wife with this Covid-19 thing.
Thanks for checking in. I run a major medical business for a polymer distribution company and to say COVID-19 had me more than a bit busy from the end of February through mid-June would be a gross understatement. Getting the plastic required to meet the high demand for ventilators (including consumable supplies such as breathing tubes), all types of PPE, diagnostic tests and a myriad of other related items was a huge challenge throughout the craziness of this year's pandemic. Add in two young boys with closed schools and it's easy to see why AVS falls near the bottom of the priority list. Now it's 'run-for-your-life' as businesses reopen and everyone is rushing to get back to normal operations where-possible.

I'm sorry to say, but things are expected to continue on the current path until at least early next year, so no planned updates until life returns to normal and I can resume my very early morning and late night (i.e. pre-kid awakening and post-kid bedtime) hours to pick away at things. Right now, I just don't have the spare energy. Maybe some of you can relate.

Until I pick things up, my plan is to harass other Forum members in their threads when I have the time and need a mental break! :D

·
Premium Member
2,947 Posts
Thanks for checking in. I run a major medical business for a polymer distribution company and to say COVID-19 has had me more than a bit busy from the end of February through mid-June was a bit of an understatement. Getting the plastic required to meet the high demand for ventilators (including consumable supplies such as breathing tubes), all types of PPE, diagnostic tests and a myriad of other related items was a huge challenge throughout the craziness of this year's pandemic. Add in two young boys with closed schools and it's easy to see why AVS falls near the bottom of the priority list. Now it's 'run for your life' as businesses reopen and everyone is rushing to get back to normal operations where-possible.

I'm sorry to say, but things are expected to continue on the current path until at least early next year, so no planned updates until life returns to normal and I can resume my very early morning and late night )i.e. pre-kid awakening and post-kid bedtime) hours to pick away at things. Right now, I just don't have the spare energy. Maybe some of you can relate.

Until I pick things up, my plan is to harass other Forum members in their threads when I have the time and need a mental break! :D
Hey Tim,

You are always-always welcome to drop by my dedicated thread any ole time buddy. :)

Terry

·
Registered
512 Posts
Thanks for checking in. I run a major medical business for a polymer distribution company and to say COVID-19 had me more than a bit busy from the end of February through mid-June would be a gross understatement. Getting the plastic required to meet the high demand for ventilators (including consumable supplies such as breathing tubes), all types of PPE, diagnostic tests and a myriad of other related items was a huge challenge throughout the craziness of this year's pandemic. Add in two young boys with closed schools and it's easy to see why AVS falls near the bottom of the priority list. Now it's 'run-for-your-life' as businesses reopen and everyone is rushing to get back to normal operations where-possible.

I'm sorry to say, but things are expected to continue on the current path until at least early next year, so no planned updates until life returns to normal and I can resume my very early morning and late night (i.e. pre-kid awakening and post-kid bedtime) hours to pick away at things. Right now, I just don't have the spare energy. Maybe some of you can relate.

It's another of the unfortunate consequences of COVID-19. A lot of us are either low on business or completely swamped. Though for those of us who are the latter hopefully that eventually translates into more funds for fun stuff. Glad to hear you guys are ok - the theater, and the Stonewater fanatics, will wait.

·
Registered
3,778 Posts

Glad to see you are indeed well and thanks for the update. I had no idea what work you were involved in and now I can see why you are really busy and possibly stressed out. Definitely take all the free time you have with your kids and pop up on threads to clear your head. Once the madness is over we will be here awaiting progress! lol

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,219
It's another of the unfortunate consequences of COVID-19. A lot of us are either low on business or completely swamped. Though for those of us who are the latter hopefully that eventually translates into more funds for fun stuff. Glad to hear you guys are ok - the theater, and the Stonewater fanatics, will wait.
I'm salaried, so no extra $$$ for a job exceptionally well-done. In fact, the funny thing is I likely won't get a bonus because even though the medical business is way up for the year, our overall year has suffered because so much of what we do is tied to other strategic markets which were completely shut down, especially automotive. Total company has to hit metrics for bonus payouts. Could be difficult this year.

I am by no means making light of anyone's personal situation from government shutdown actions, but my company and me personally had official 'essential' designations. Literally had an official letter in case I was out of the house shipping something (for example) and got pulled over. Of course one of my friends sent me this:

Without thinking about my actual job function, initial assumptions were I was sitting at home, laid off and twiddling my thumbs. Someone then sent me this meme:

And finally, another friend - who was also an essential worker in the healthcare space - sent me this smug meme:

I was very fortunate to be working throughout and quite honestly haven't put in sustained hours like that - and for that many successive months - in my entire professional career. I was literally waking up and going to work at 1:30 or 2:00AM because my mind was constantly running and there was so much to do - at least 250-300 e-mails per day and most days were packed with conference calls. It wasn't uncommon to have a few voicemails, a dozen texts and 15-20 e-mails roll in while I was on a 20 minute conference call. :eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
580 Posts
@TMcG it's not easy being so essential, right? :D

I work in IT - similar story to yours. Nothing has slowed down for us. It's a good problem to have, but my time and energy for working on the theater has been almost nil.

Glad to hear you're doing well, and hope you can get back to your build soon.

3201 - 3220 of 3235 Posts