AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
18,829 Posts
It is an April Fool's joke Chu. Stereo actually existed before mono because we have two ears so naturally the first systems were stereo. It was not until Fulenhauf of Germany who thought of saving money by cutting out one channel that we got mono. Yes, the Wiki is a joke too. It will be gone tomorrow I am sure.

·
Registered
15,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sure about that?

·
Registered
643 Posts
As the page says:

"Modern stereophonic technology was invented in the 1930s by British engineer Alan Blumlein at EMI, who patented stereo records, stereo films, and also surround sound.[6]"

So, no joke.

·
Registered
15,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Learn to be careful when you read things dated April 1 Chu. ;)
I am but not everything written on that date is a hoax. Now, it's time for you to say the hardest thing, "I was wrong."

Reactions: Ratman and BGLeduc

·
Premium Member
4,939 Posts
Reactions: John Sully

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
OK. This is cool! 1881. Transmitting music over wires. Someone should look into this! LOL! Seriously. If loudspeakers of decent size and amplification came along around this time. People 130 years ago would have been sitting in their homes listening to live shows! In the 1880s!

·
Registered
15,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Anyone want to comment? Was it April Fools joke or a hoax? :confused:
:p
Well, someone seems to think so but he's being very coquettish about it.

·
Registered
15,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Appearing soon at the Comedy Club.

·
Registered
22,656 Posts
amirm said:
It is an April Fool's joke Chu. Yes, the Wiki is a joke too. It will be gone tomorrow I am sure.
In regard to the opening post, I still see many online references to A. Blumlein that are still there.

I'm pretty sure it's not a joke. Any comment(s)?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts