AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Universal Studios will bring The Strangers to Blu-ray on October 21st.

Universal Studios will bring the horror/thriller film to Blu-ray on October 21st. The Blu-ray version will include the theatrical and unrated versions of the film. Extras include The Elements Of Terror featurette, deleted scenes, and a theatrical trailer. Exclusive to the Blu-ray version is a BD-Live My Scenes feature. MSRP 39.99.

·
Premium Member
26,161 Posts
I really liked this movie for what it was....the US version of the French film "them"...

In my mind, the audio portion of the BR will be key. I think in the theater, we may have missed some of the nuiances of the audio cues of characters coming from off-screen. Sitting in the dark and hearing a realistic locational bump or movement behind you in a tense scene...well there is nothing better.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Both the theatrical and unrated cut - nice. Just in time for Halloween too. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I'll definitely be picking this up tomorrow...Hope it doesn't disappoint, as I didn't watch it in the theater.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Anyone have a chance to watch this? If so, is there an insane amount of LFE right at the start? There was so much I thought something must be off on my setup.. you know that feeling you get when you think the cat has turned your subwoofer level up? Yes, that one. It seemed like levels on par with the Darla tap scene in Nemo. It also seemed to carry out through out the movie, just way over the top amounts.

I went back to other movies I am more familiar with and those seemed same as always, so it looks like everything is setup right still.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesyjames /forum/post/14919213

Anyone have a chance to watch this? If so, is there an insane amount of LFE right at the start? There was so much I thought something must be off on my setup.. you know that feeling you get when you think the cat has turned your subwoofer level up? Yes, that one. It seemed like levels on par with the Darla tap scene in Nemo. It also seemed to carry out through out the movie, just way over the top amounts.

I went back to other movies I am more familiar with and those seemed same as always, so it looks like everything is setup right still.

Yes the bass was very strong at the start of the movie, kind of reminded me of the Haunting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts