1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have the DVD. I would say the quality is pretty good. The definition is good, I didn't see any obtrusive compression artifacts, and while the color seemed to vary a little, I think the problem (or the choice?) was probably on the film, not in the DVD process. The sound was also fine. The 3-2 pulldown flagging is standard, fine for HTPC deinterlace. I think director Richard Rush, who is a very capable guy, involved himself in making the DVD 'cause he wanted it to look good... this is is favorite as well as most-famous film.

The "Sinister Saga" documentary (in the special edition package) is also cleanly made.

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
I seen this movie now you metion Peter O` Toole as bit drunk. I am going to have to get me a disc, just paid off the credit card got to do some shopping. I wish Hooper was on DVD too I liked both of them. Ha Ha PFE coughed up the 2 x $24.95 for I had ordered 2 of TFC. I'll use that credit to buy some more discs. Thanks for for posting this info. :)

·
Registered
879 Posts
Fantastic film, The Stunt Man - one of my faves (can you see the original one sheet in my CineFlexx? http://members.aol.com/beautymarkstudio/Home.html ).

One thing not mentioned too often - the director's outline/script notes, etc. are dvd-rom materials you can access with any browser. Fantastic!

Flexx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.