AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Awesome concert film from 1964.

Crap just saw the wrong date should be 3/6 obviously.

·
Registered
11,660 Posts
It was very good(repeated early this morning in my market) except for the 10 minute pledge breaks every 25 minutes

I understand they need to raise money but in my case they're preaching to the choir

·
Registered
365 Posts
I hadn't seen this film since its theatrical release, but watching it last night substantiated my memory: James Brown's "Please' Please' Please" is his definitive performance! Unbelievable.

·
Registered
11,660 Posts
How much? My father was going to pay $95
from PBS which includes a membership which he already has. I guess the DVD is supposed to have more than was shown on-on air, but $95
and that's only DVD, I don't know if it's on BR(which he doesn't own anyway).

·
Registered
6,102 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeff /forum/post/18266662

How much? My father was going to pay $95
from PBS which includes a membership which he already has. I guess the DVD is supposed to have more than was shown on-on air, but $95
and that's only DVD, I don't know if it's on BR(which he doesn't own anyway).
http://www.amazon.com/T-M-I-Show-Col...8008789&sr=8-1

It's a lot cheaper...

·
Registered
6,194 Posts
"Plug in my VCR

Same tape I've had for years...

James Brown on the T.A.M.I. Show..."

-- The Police, "When the World is Running Down, You Make the Best of What's Still Around"

·
Registered
11,660 Posts
$13.99
I'd say it's a lot cheaper than $95

Due to a programming problem my father didn't get it recorded to his DVDR and he says it's not going to be repeated(at least this month according to his PBS magazine). I told him to just wait, it should be repeated in the coming months, but he doesn't want to wait

For $13.99 it would be worth it to get something without all the commercial interruptions and in good quality. Thanks for the link Bobby

·
Registered
6,102 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeff /forum/post/18279496

$13.99
I'd say it's a lot cheaper than $95

Due to a programming problem my father didn't get it recorded to his DVDR and he says it's not going to be repeated(at least this month according to his PBS magazine). I told him to just wait, it should be repeated in the coming months, but he doesn't want to wait

For $13.99 it would be worth it to get something without all the commercial interruptions and in good quality. Thanks for the link Bobby

You're welcome jeff. It's funny my PBS had it on Saturday, yesterday and it is on again today.

·
23,032 Posts
I glad I stumbled on this flipping channels Sunday. Caught some of the Supremes and most of James Brown. Excellent! Set the Tivo to pick it up today (I think).

larry

·
Registered
531 Posts
Getting rewards for certain pledge levels has been going on for as long as PBS stations have had pledge drives. Of course, you can purchase everything offered for a fraction of the pledge amount. The idea is to attract a few people to give in the higher $$ categories. I thought our local PBS station was going to be showing this during their pledge drive, but I don't see it on the cable guide for upcoming days of their pledge drive.

·
Registered
6,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
James Brown was absolutely fantastic. What a voice and his band was killer.

Hoping someone is still looking at this thread.

Some years ago I saw a concert film from the early 60's with Bo Diddley that was just amazing.

I've seen part of it on youtube but it doesn't say what the concert was.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts