AVS Forum banner

5481 - 5490 of 5490 Posts

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Nice find on the gel tape! Looks like it could be awesome for HB use!
Yeah, it is the same stuff as on those sticky pads to have your phone on in the car, only in a roll of tape, which is what made me find this one 😁 Very sticky, soft, flexible/stretchy, thick(2mm), wide enough(30mm)to cut in two sideways(i did), cheap, and as i said: reusable. Endless use options on this tape, really 😜

Reactions: SBuger and m0j0

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
so I picked up another marantz 6013 and tried the app on this one and limiting the freq down to 20hz actually works on this receiver. I have no idea why the other one won’t get the sub signal from the app which is confusing me a lot.
this other marantz is in my bedroom and this is my sub tune with it limited and dsp. 3 subs.
Any idea what’s up with my other receiver? The limiting freq range worked first time on the other same receiver I just got.

pink is right of the bed. White is center of the bed where I am mostly. Blue is to the left side.
View attachment 3050436
I'm not familiar enough with trouble shooting Audyssey to say. Fortunately I haven't ran into this issue and had to figure it out. Try asking in the thread for your receiver and jdsmoothie might know. He's a fountain of knowledge on D&M AVRs.

Reactions: x-evil-x

·
Registered
534 Posts
I'm not familiar enough with trouble shooting Audyssey to say. Fortunately I haven't ran into this issue and had to figure it out. Try asking in the thread for your receiver and jdsmoothie might know. He's a fountain of knowledge on D&M AVRs.
I’ll ask again doubt anyone would know. New receiver worked first time and other one doesn’t do it. Not worth the hassle to ship it off to have them fix a software glitch on some units.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
All three curves looks very similar now! Pretty crazy now that we basically have rather different setups, LOL. Me with CUHB, Shelby with mMHB and Magly’s MONSTER MHB 😁😁
View attachment 3048941

Very nice graph Shelby, we all have a pretty sick Z-axis in the single digits now, huh? 😮😋
I tried that Wonder Woman shield/tower scene for the first time today. Crazy rocking motion at 3hz! I'm clearly not in the same league as you guys but heres my attempt at a VS of it. The only thing i got going for me compared to yall is my Y-axis at 3.6hz! But besides that, you guys got serious power with those 18's as CL!!

And this was a setting i loaded wrong....complete overkill. The platform and everything was rattling and sounded horrible.

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
So, on my MQB, I have 2 Maxxis fat tubes surrounding 4 JBL's, then the 18 CLHB in back. I found that by having less air in the 2nd Maxxis fat tube (the one closer to the CLHB), I got a much more enjoyable TR experience all around. Before that, I usually tried to keep things even/level, but in the interest of experimentation, I just let out a bunch of air on the back end and added air on the front end and it ended up being quite a bit more fun. More powerful/impactful, more wobbly, just overall better. I also have the tennis balls about midway between 4 JBL's so I'm sure that factors in also.

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
Random, but how are you guys adding Subs, HB, CLHB, BB, MBK, BK, MA's....etc all on a 2x4HD?
Two ways. The first is to use RCA splitters to run multiple devices off each output (example, BB and MBK both using Output2, etc.). The second is to run multiple 2x4HD and daisy chain them together so each can have their own output.

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Or use a 10x10HD 😜

Reactions: GeoJustGeo

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,489
@Nalleh - Great experimenting and find on the tape!! I added the link to the list of tapes in the useful links section :)

@GeoJustGeo - Nice VS Graphs, you TR maniac!! Who needs an 18" when you can get graphs like that :):D:)

@m0j0 - cool on your find !! Sometimes just a little tweak here or there can make a real nice diff :)

5481 - 5490 of 5490 Posts