AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Modertors Note: Posts split off from last year's topic, to create new topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petergaryr /forum/post/16248378

....maybe next year....

Are they even going to be showing it this year? Easter almost here and its not even listed on abc.com yet.

·
Registered
413 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linxs /forum/post/18312042

Are they even going to be showing it this year? Easter almost here and its not even listed on abc.com yet.

Yes, it is airing on April 3rd. Also, the title with No added may need to be changed.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja2bk /forum/post/18313042

Yes, it is airing on April 3rd. Also, the title with No added may need to be changed.

Why, do you know for a fact it will finally be in HD 16:9?

·
Banned
1,098 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja2bk /forum/post/18318456

All I said was the No in the title may need to be changed.
It is airing in a couple weeks on ABC though.

But it may not need to be changed. After all, it's pure speculation. I'm very sure it won't be in HD.

·
Registered
413 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysam /forum/post/18319998

But it may not need to be changed. After all, it's pure speculation. I'm very sure it won't be in HD.

Oh I'm not speculating. Maybe not saying the answer outright, but no speculation here.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepier /forum/post/18313316

Why, do you know for a fact it will finally be in HD 16:9?

16:9 has nothing to do with an HD airing of this Movie...I have no idea as to the format they will use, but many things air in HD that aren't 16:9.

·
Registered
4,426 Posts
I really hope they're not dumb enough to pull a 4:3 "HD".
That would be no improvement at all over how it's been shown in the past.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonoughDawg /forum/post/18322100

16:9 has nothing to do with an HD airing of this Movie...I have no idea as to the format they will use, but many things air in HD that aren't 16:9.

If the original release was in OAR of 1:85, then anything else they air is butchered, whether its in HD or not.

I watch many SD DVD's in widescreen, and although not HD, looks better than 4:3.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysam /forum/post/18319998

I just looked at the directv EPG and he is right it will be airing Saturday and they actually have it tag as HD.

·
Registered
8,285 Posts
Monday, March 15, 2010

ABC Television Network

PRESS RELEASE - PRESS RELEASE - ENTERTAINMENT -

THE TEN COMMANDMENTS (4/3)

CHARLTON HESTON PORTRAYS MOSES IN THE DRAMATIC BIBLICAL EPIC,

"THE TEN COMMANDMENTS," AIRING SATURDAY, APRIL 3 ON ABC

Cecil B. DeMille's massive film spectacle, "The Ten Commandments," one of the most popular box-office movies of all time, will air as an "ABC Special Presentation," SATURDAY, APRIL 3 (7:00-11:44 p.m., ET), on The ABC Television Network. (Rebroadcast. OAD: 3/26/89)

Starring Charlton Heston as Moses, this dramatic Biblical epic is presented with an all-star cast, including Yul Brynner as Pharaoh, Anne Baxter as Queen Nefretiri, Edward G. Robinson as the overseer of the slaves and Yvonne DeCarlo as Moses' wife.

The film traces the story of Moses, from the time his mother set him afloat on the Nile, through his years as a young commander in Pharaoh's army to his betrayal and exile and, finally, his deliverance of the Israelites and the receiving of God's Commandments.

"The Ten Commandments" won the 1956 Academy Award for Best Special Effects and received nominations for Best Picture, Best Art Direction/Set Decoration, Best Cinematography, Best Costume Design, Best Film Editing and Best Sound.

"THE TEN COMMANDMENTS" IN HDTV:

"The Ten Commandments" is broadcast in 720 Progressive (720P), ABC's selected HDTV format, with 5.1-channel surround sound.
This film carries a TV-G parental guideline.

http://www.abcmedianet.com/web/dnr/d...x?id=031510_12

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
I don't see anywhere in the press release above that it will be in 16:9. Just says HD, which could mean 4:3 HD.

I'll believe it when I see it.

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
I'll have to remind myself to take a look... unfortunately it will be airing against the NCAA men's final 4 on CBS, so I won't be watching the whole thing even if in HD.

I bought the DVD years ago... but would happily re-buy again if they released in HD on Blu ray.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,723 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepier /forum/post/18396147

I don't see anywhere in the press release above that it will be in 16:9. Just says HD, which could mean 4:3 HD.

I'll believe it when I see it.

You must be kidding.

The OAR was 1.85:1, the 1989 re-release was 2.20:1.

There is no previous example of any HD film transfer that took a widescreen AR and made it 4:3. None.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken H /forum/post/18425059

You must be kidding.

The OAR was 1.85:1, the 1989 re-release was 2.20:1.

There is no previous example of any HD film transfer that took a widescreen AR and made it 4:3. None.

What I meant was it would be shown in 4:3, but some networks claim a broadcast to be in HD, which is nothing more than an up-converted 4:3.

If indeed Suki84 saw the preview commercial in 16:9, then we should be in for a treat.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts