AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey was curious if the Terminator is the directors cut version or the theatrical version. Also is it a major upgrade over the Special Edition DVD that came out a few years back. I have read mixed reviews on the picture quality of this movie, although it is listed in tier 2 of the list. Many people on here are suggesting it should be in tier 3 or 4. If I can get a consensus on PQ that would be much appreciated.

The SE dvd i have is the extended version and i prefer it over the theatrical version.

Thanks for any feedback

·
Registered
488 Posts
Do you mean Terminator 2? I don't think there is a director's cut of the original Terminator. The T2 blu ray contains the theatrical cut of the film only.

I have T2: Ultimate Edition on dvd. I've got Terminator 1 and 2 for blu ray on order from Amazon. After looking at them, I'd be happy to report back with my comments. I've never seen the windows media high def version of T2 that was on the extreme edition, so my comments will be comparing the blu ray to the ultimate edition.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Well, I got my T2 disk yesterday and watched parts of it on my PS3. Having seen some unbelievable HD DVDs and Kingdom of Heaven blu ray, I was dissappointed in T2 compared to those.

The opening scenes looked kind of blurry (the future LA before a terminator crushes a skull) However, some scenes looked very good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.