AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone checked this out? A dozen "gamers" (they don't all seem like gamers) are competing for a chance to become a game tester for Sony. I watched the first episode yesterday and it pissed me off b/c half of the people on the show completely suck. I wish I would've known about the show so I could've sent in an audition tape when they were taking applicants.

The good thing is it's free to download from the PS Store if you want to watch it. I'll probably check it out just so I can plan my strategy for winning in season 2!

·
Registered
293 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by $mitty /forum/post/18190325

Has anyone checked this out? A dozen "gamers" (they don't all seem like gamers) are competing for a chance to become a game tester for Sony. I watched the first episode yesterday and it pissed me off b/c half of the people on the show completely suck. I wish I would've known about the show so I could've sent in an audition tape when they were taking applicants.

The good thing is it's free to download from the PS Store if you want to watch it. I'll probably check it out just so I can plan my strategy for winning in season 2!

I sent in a video to be on the show a few months ago, yeah, it ruled, guess they didn't think so.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know girls play video games, but for every 99 guys, there is 1 girl that plays. No need for half the cast to be chicks. They could've at least made them all hott like the host!
At least one of them has a nice rack. From the preview of the next episode it seems like the challenges are based on competitions out of real world road rules challenges, having very little to do with video games. I'd rather watch these top notch gamers (if that's what they are) battle it out in different games.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cysquatch /forum/post/18212680

barmy!!!!!!!!

His kids are going to be really disappointed.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
I watched part of E1. Had to quit on account of how bad it was.

These are the best people they could find that didn't have anything better to do? I know I wouldn't put my career on hold for a chance to be a tester. Whoever wins, their first day on the job will be interesting, for sure. I'd like to watch that episode when they get assigned hello kitty island adventure.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I'm watching, but I expected more video game playing... you know, to be kind of different. Now it's just a series of company picnic games that I don't care about. Hal Sparks is the most interesting person on that show, and they've given him only a very minor role. Thumbs down, but I'll keep watching out of morbid curiosity.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Wow. These people have no idea what being a tester is. Grueling, mundane, often hair yanking work. Not exciting at all. On top of that, testers do not make much money. Nothing to start a career on unless you are a programmer of some sorts. Just being a gamer and having knowledge (whether a great gamer or not) does not mean you will move up. The actual aspiring developers with real know how are the ones that move up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts