AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting word of an early October release date for The Thing (1982). The title comes from Universal Studios, the HD DVD version was great, so I can't wait for the Blu-ray version.

UPDATE:

Coming September 30th!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Sounds good. I'll have to start setting some money aside for October. I know there will be some horror treasures released near the fall.

·
Registered
6,947 Posts
Excellent movie. Looked excellent on HD DVD.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidHir /forum/post/14260439

Great news. Can anyone verify if this will be another re-encode for BD?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspears /forum/post/14244155

All of the announced Universal titles have been re-encoded for BD. The avg. on Mummy Returns is > the peak allowed for HD DVD, for those who care about numbers.

I think its safe to assume that they are re-encoding all of their releases. They may use the same master/source though.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
This is one of the best quality, catalog releases from Universal on HD DVD! I'll upgrade for the sure-to-be DTS HD Master audio track! For those that never had an HD DVD player, you're in for a real treat! It's also one of the best horror flicks from the 80's, and one of Carpenter and Russell's best as well!

Rob Bottin (with a little help from Stan Winston) really broke new ground with this one.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Black /forum/post/14260636

This is one of the best quality, catalog releases from Universal on HD DVD! I'll upgrade for the sure-to-be DTS HD Master audio track! For those that never had an HD DVD player, you're in for a real treat! It's also one of the best horror flicks from the 80's, and one of Carpenter and Russell's best as well!

Rob Bottin (with a little help from Stan Winston) really broke new ground with this one.

Great behind the scenes features on this one also. This film really blows away the majority of horror crap thats been pumped out the last 20 years. Amazing how far little things like, story telling and acting will go.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Together with ALIEN, this i my absolute favorite movie of all time.

The HD-DVD disc was A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!!

It´s the only disc that I missed since I sold of my small HD-DVD collection and player.

Finally the wait is over. And with a DTS-HD MA track as a nice bonus

Never, NEVER again will we see quality horror movies like this one being made, thanx to Hollywood ****ing things up with the ADD-MTV-CGI madness we have today

Someday I gonna invent a time machine and kill the ones responsible for this entire mess

·
Registered
12,175 Posts
I really want to get my hopes up as I was scouring the web earlier for Blu-ray info on this movie... but how can we trust the OP without a link or even a posting history? He literally registered at this site today.

·
Registered
847 Posts
I agree that the HD DVD version was fantastic, so this should be a wonderful BD release. I'll be getting it again for sure because it truly is one of the greatest horror films ever made.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie76 /forum/post/14262053

Someday I gonna invent a time machine and kill the ones responsible for this entire mess

See if Cyberdyne Systems is hiring.

This is in my top 5 or 10 films of all time. I'll definitely be buying this one again, the HD DVD was beautiful.

·
Registered
792 Posts
OH YES!!

I shall fling my well-worn HD DVD copy to the four winds!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow /forum/post/14263535

I really want to get my hopes up as I was scouring the web earlier for Blu-ray info on this movie... but how can we trust the OP without a link or even a posting history? He literally registered at this site today.

Hey I actually have a website www.blu-news.com , so it would be kind of odd to post my source as myself. So if you see my posts just assume it's my direct information, unless I post a link from another source. Sorry if that's kinda confusing haha.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts