AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
27,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PQ: Indoor scenes a bit on the dark side with loss of detail. Colors a bit muted as well. OUtdoor scenes can be very pretty but long shots lack detail as well. Average at best.

AQ: Dialog is excellent and well understood throughout. No LFE to speak of until some fireworks. Audio, though, is suitable for this type of film.

Story: Well... A story so preposterous (and I'm giving the whole time traveling thing a chance) that I turned to my wife throughout the movie and asking, "why are we not getting into this" and "where is thing going"?

Well, it was obvious. The plot, the love story and the life this woman chooses to lead (with Eric Bana) is so ridiculous and preposterous that we thought the film may've taken a better turn if she had her head examined. Eric Bana was weak and Rachel McAdams played the equivalent of a Stepford wife. Finding a geneticist to help understand the phenomenon is another leap of faith that leads no where and so many questions remain unanswered.

No reasons for the time travel, no harkening back to the 'whys' of where he is traveling to, and a love story so impossible that it was simply insulting... I simply can't understand how this movie got made.

Was it direct to DVD?? Yes, it was that bad.

What a huge piece of crap... along with average PQ and AQ.

·
Registered
27,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We wanted to like this film. Hell, it was our Saturday night event in the theater.. So, we gave a marquis time slot for viewing!

The geneticist thing was puzzling.. I couldn't think of why a geneticist would use a CT scan for anything? Blood tests, microscopy, yes.. But an energy burst during a CT scan. A CT scan wouldn't even detect such as it is not a machine designed to interpret such. It is essentially a large x-ray tube that takes photos of organic / inorganic matter - not energy..

But this is a small thing, but another hole in this story....

And why the thinking it was hereditary when neither of his parents were time travelers...?

Moreover, you never felt this 'timeless' love between them. Their whole situation seemed like more of a pain in the ass than a timeless love story.

·
Registered
476 Posts
My wife didn't like it, but I enjoyed it.

·
Registered
27,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzy /forum/post/18134454

You hated this so much, it deserved another thread?

Sure. SAve folks some money

·
Registered
7,828 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebland /forum/post/18134563

Sure. SAve folks some money

I almost blind bought the damn thing. But then I found your little review
, so thanks!!!

·
Registered
27,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo /forum/post/18138157

I almost blind bought the damn thing. But then I found your little review
, so thanks!!!

Mission accomplished.

I could find no value at all in this movie. I was offended by how bad it was
!!!

·
Registered
27,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin /forum/post/18138648

Thanks Jeff you saved me from renting this one. The wife wanted to see it also but I told her it was crap it's got bad reviews.

My wife, who likes romantic comedies, found nothing to like here. Could've been good... just poorly executed.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
I thought it was pretty good. Interesting story. I think some of you should check it out for yourselves.

·
Registered
27,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbuudo07 /forum/post/18140116

I thought it was pretty good. Interesting story. I think some of you should check it out for yourselves.

I wish someone would've warned me... I can't stand wasting a Saturday night with a poor flick.

Oh well, it won't be the last.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I saw this on Saturday night and it was ok. The whole time travel and romance is an odd pairing to begin with. However, my pregnant wife cried throughout. I don't know if that makes it good or bad. Go figure.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
After I comforted the wife when she started crying when Bana was telling McAdams that tonight was the night he would die, it got me a morning session as well as an extra night one.

Well worth the 2 hours of agony I spent watching it

·
Registered
27,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratm /forum/post/18145967

After I comforted the wife when she started crying when Bana was telling McAdams that tonight was the night he would die, it got me a morning session as well as an extra night one.

Well worth the 2 hours of agony I spent watching it

Now there's a great spin on that movie.

Didn't work for me!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.