AVS Forum banner

8181 - 8200 of 8205 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Hey portugal1982; if you replaced the lamp, the next thing to replace is the ballast (no use in trying to repair it). The ballast can be found on eBay and other places online. You may need to give it a couple of restarts.

If that doesn't end your problem, then it's the light engine (I think it's called like that). That may be expensive, so be very careful installing. But, most times the ballast does the trick.

·
Registered
5 Posts

Hey all,

I'm looking for a little advice before a throw down the cash for a new light engine. I've got what I would consider the classic bad ballast issue, but I'm not sure that is what is wrong.

I've replaced the lamp and replaced the ballast to no avail and am still getting some blinking lights that seem to indicate an issue with the lamp.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQoLlk83MKo

Any chance I got a bad lamp or bad ballast?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

---

Update:

I had to replace my "Toshiba 23762085 Power Supply Unit."  Works great now!

·
Registered
2 Posts
So the tv afters it's been on for an hour or so loses some colors and I just get alot of greens,purples and pinks. This also happens now when I switch inputs. I've replaces the lamp but is this a color wheel issue?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have light engine, power supply, digital boards, etc that for 56MX195 and compatible TV's. I would like to trade one of these boards for a working ballast. PM me if interested. I would also sell any of these boards cheap.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Can anyone help me?

I have a 72HM195. I have sound but no picture whatsoever on any source. On screen display works fine. Light on front of TV is solid blue. No blinking lights. All cable connections have been checked and are fine.

Lamp has been replaced within the last 6 months or so, and the symptoms don't really point to a blown lamp anyway.

I've read through several pages of this thread, but I couldn't find anyone who had the same problem as me.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
As long as the menus work, try a reset. It is in the last menu option to the right of the selections.

Might bring back the lost inputs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I hope this thread is still alive. Anyways, I picked up a Toshiba 50HM67 TV from an electronics recycling place here in town for $10. First thing I noticed with the TV is that it was missing the lamp module assembly. I bought one and installed it as per instructions, The TV does not work or come on really. What it does is as soon as I turn the TV on the lamp fires up (but with no picture) then turns back off and restarts. Both fans run the boards look good (no bad caps or burns). The Blue LED remains on and solid and the amber LED blinks three times and then it blinks for 11 times. The manual really doesn't do a very good job clarifying the LED blinks.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

Update: I took the TV apart and noticed once powered on the light comes on and the color wheel begins to spin. But the light it's not being projected out to the screen. The light seems to almost stop once it gets in to the projector device. Only a very small amount of light is visible through the projector lens. The TV then shuts down.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Bought my 62HM196 around 3/17/2007. I've been very happy with it.

The other night there was a loud pop and the screen went dark. Yellow light flashing trying to restart, finally after 8 tries, a voice from the TV says something like "Lamp failure".

Got on-line here and saw that people have had problems with non-Toshiba lamps so I ordered a new Toshiba branded one through Amazon for about $97.

Put the lamp in, the TV came right up. Went into service mode and found that my old lamp had lasted 6996 hours.

I run my lamp on low brightness, I don't know if that contributed to the longevity, but it makes sense.

I will hate to lose this TV, the dual tuners that handle ATSC and QAM mean that I can have a rooftop antenna and cable hooked to it at the same time, and my TVGOS switches between them seamlessly.

Thanks to all who post here!

·
Registered
5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Cook  /t/438276/the-toshiba-dlp-hm-hmx-owners-thread/8160#post_22480667

I hope this thread is still alive. Anyways, I picked up a Toshiba 50HM67 TV from an electronics recycling place here in town for $10. First thing I noticed with the TV is that it was missing the lamp module assembly. I bought one and installed it as per instructions, The TV does not work or come on really. What it does is as soon as I turn the TV on the lamp fires up (but with no picture) then turns back off and restarts. Both fans run the boards look good (no bad caps or burns). The Blue LED remains on and solid and the amber LED blinks three times and then it blinks for 11 times. The manual really doesn't do a very good job clarifying the LED blinks.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

Update: I took the TV apart and noticed once powered on the light comes on and the color wheel begins to spin. But the light it's not being projected out to the screen. The light seems to almost stop once it gets in to the projector device. Only a very small amount of light is visible through the projector lens. The TV then shuts down.

I would check out the power supply boards if it's at all like this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQoLlk83MKo

ShopJimmy should be able to get you the parts you need:

https://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=62hm84

I had to replace my "Toshiba 23762085 Power Supply Unit."

Hope that helps...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looking for some guidance here. I have a Toshiba 50HM66. It was working properly when picture went out. No pop or anything to indicate lamp problem. I also pulled out lamp and inspected, it looks intact, clean and clear and no cloudy deposits or anything else to indicate a bad lamp. LED is a solid blue light with a blinking green light which indicates 'fan stopped' according to the manual. Manual says to unplug, plug back in. I did this and nothing. Lights now show solid blue and green blinks 5 times; then goes to solid orange light. If I reset TV by holding power button in it repeats this same thing. There are no fans running inside. The only activity I can see inside is the optical audio port light is on and the cable card light is on. I hear a loud click each time I reset the TV. The audio error message is very quiet and garbled so I can't make out what it is saying. It sounds like it is saying a series of numbers which I assume is an error code or the part number of the faulty part. Any Ideas? Would it be something as simple of replacing one of the fans or is this something more complex?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello,

I'm the original owner of a 56HM66 which worked flawlessly for 6 years until I had to replace the lamp 4 months ago. Since then it has been fine until recently when the lamp will start for 5 - 10 sec then shut down. To make a long story short, I find that the lamp fan is not running. All the other fans work OK. I replaced the fan but it still doesn't spin up. Any thoughts would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Craig Haggerty

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys, I'm new here & just wanted to run something by anyone out there. I have a 46HM95 DLP, 6 years old & out of warranty. Of course Toshiba wants to charge me to ask them a question on their 800 "help" line, real customer service !!! Anyhow, I get no power & the code isn't in the manual, for a green blinking light that blinks 3 times every three seconds. No picture, no voice, no nothing. My wife has been changing the bulbs (I can't get my hands in there) & she checked the door (the red light blinked when she had it open). Before I call a technician, I was wondering if anyone else had this problem. It's a nice tv & the picture is great, and I believe we have gone through 4 bulbs on this unit (I could be wrong on that count). Any advise would be appreciated. Happy Holidays to all !

·
Registered
830 Posts
I have a 52HM94 that takes a TB25-LMP lamp. I am trying to find a "real" replacement lamp but keep running into cheaper OEM replacements with poor reviews. Are the "real" bulbs no longer produced? Can anyone point me toward a source for quality bulbs?

I tried ebay lamptycoons and got a "genuine OEM" bulb that lasted exactly two days. It was clearly not the same as the original bulb with many of the metal parts replaced with plastic and only a partially sealed glass bulb.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Try niosales on ebay - I have used them in the past = also I have bought replacment lamps from others who have scrapped their TV's for various reasons - also search this form for a thread about replacing the ballast board - I changed mine about 4-5 years ago and have only used one lamp since then

·
Registered
50 Posts
I am trying to figure out what is the problem with my Mom's 62HM84 TV. She has a loud fan sound whirring going on, but other than that everything works fine.

Any ideas what is wrong that i should look to replace? would love to get this working well for her again.

She has replaced the lamp once.

·
Registered
830 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by toenail  /t/438276/the-toshiba-dlp-hm-hmx-owners-thread/8190#post_22975666

I have a 52HM94 that takes a TB25-LMP lamp. I am trying to find a "real" replacement lamp but keep running into cheaper OEM replacements with poor reviews. Are the "real" bulbs no longer produced? Can anyone point me toward a source for quality bulbs?

I tried ebay lamptycoons and got a "genuine OEM" bulb that lasted exactly two days. It was clearly not the same as the original bulb with many of the metal parts replaced with plastic and only a partially sealed glass bulb.

So after a bit of haggling with them they agreed to send a replacement. The replacement they sent appears to be a real bulb in that it is fully sealed and has now lasted two weeks with no issues. Only time will tell.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I've got a Toshiba 72mx195, and all of a sudden my picture looks like this all the time. I've tried the usual unplugging and whatnot, but no luck. It scrambles on top of the menu screen as well, even though on the picture it doesn't look like it. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
901 Posts
Looking for a good used Lamp.

Hello all, just bought a 65HM167 from a coworker Who`s Grandfather recently passed away (original owner)and was not able to test it first because the Lamp had blown and still decided to take a chance on it.

Having a real hard time justifying spending $120-130 on a quality Lamp when I have no clue how good the picture will look on this thing.

Know its a long shot being that likely few People are still using these TV`s, and any Lamps that may have been kept was probably changed for a reason, usually being that they have dimmed significantly, but would like to be able to test it out with a cheap used Lamp before spending the money on a better quality Lamp. Do not really want to go cheap knock off or equivalent either, and the original owner was a heavy smoker and I have spent a good 2-3 hours cleaning the smoke off inside and out, but who knows what other issues there might be associated with that, so honestly really questioning why I`m bother with this at all considering I can get newer better TV`S for less than $400 more than a Lamp for this would cost.

It must be a serious curiosity on my part to see what this will look like. Anyways, if anyone can help me out, shoot me a PM with a price.

8181 - 8200 of 8205 Posts