AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gotta love staff purchase with a $200 MIR ;)

Anyway, just wondering:

what/if any firmware should be updated on these things, first of all, and also, some quick reccomendations on settings.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to find DVE or Avia anywhere in town here (Nanaimo, BC), so calibration will be a big pain, unless there is an online store I can order from - any ideas there?

As far as DVD players go, I have my eyes on the LG player at work, and i found a sample that is towards the start of this year - is that what i should be after if i want to run upconversion through component video? Also, what mode would be best - 720p or 1080i?

And finally, i will eventually be ceiling mounting it - any suggestions on a premade mount, or good ideas on DIY?

Already have the screen figured out - that aluminum spray/formica combo looks pretty interesting. Was just thinking silverscreen to start, but its better to do it right the first time i suppose.

Also, what are the stock settings in the service menu? Read a thread and followed the settings, pretty impressed with the PQ difference so far, but find everything a little washed out on the white side of things, and of course, didn't bother writing down the original settings :/

And i am sure this topic has been discussed a thousand times, just couldnt seem to find answers to all my questions, so just consolodated them here, so i apologise if i've asked a question thats been answered many times before.

·
Registered
110 Posts
ubiquitous........good word :)

I found this projector for a really really good price around here. Let me know how you like it! Unfortunately, I have no answers to your questions. I'm just a dreamer.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i absolutely love it, and coulndn't be happier.

i've set up a couple x1's for friends, and IMO this is a smidge better, expecially if you don't have superb control over lighting.

the onboard deinterlacer sucks, but thats to be expected with any projector other than the infocus, so its worth investing in a decent DVD player like the LG/Zenith. That will be my next purchase.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.