AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 18988 Posts

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Ultimate List of BASS in Movies w/ Frequency Charts

The original list https://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-subwoofers-bass-transducers/1333462-new-master-list-bass-movies-frequency-charts.html haven't been updated in a while.

The original list has no clickable links for each movie graphs
so you have to literally search 1000's of pages:(

NOTES!

1. Movie names will be clickable which will lead you right to the graph.
  2. If a specific scene graph is requested for a film it will be done and added under the movies name.
  3. This whole forum is meant to be fun:cool:, well organized and community fueled and any support will be welcomed :eek:.
  4. If you have any movie recommendations or ways to improve this forum let me know.
  5. Release date of the movie is used not the Blu-Ray release dates.

Thanks to PioManiac Mrkazador Fatshaft Marc Alexander :cool:

What does the green and red lines represent in the graphs?

Green
= Peak db (Loudness) at that given frequency
RED = Average db (Loudness) at that given frequency

The space between the Green and Red lines shows how Dynamic the track is.
The wider it is at any given point the more dynamic, the less space between the less dynamic.

Reading Graphs 101 Click Here
Thanks to >> PioManiac

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
Sub'd. Thanks for doing this.
Not sure if it's feasible, but if there was some way for people to mention or notate the best scenes and timestamps, because inevitably the questions will come "chapter/ timestamp for such and such scene?"
+1 to this. Make it easier when time comes for demo discs. Hint hint :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Are these charting the highest volume at each frequency during the movie? Is that how this works or is it averaged somehow?

What is the green vs. red?

I.e. Can someone add an explanation so I can understand what I am looking at?

·
Registered
341 Posts
+1 to this. Make it easier when time comes for demo discs. Hint hint :)
You said it, i didn't :D I will readily admit it makes it MUCH easier to have a specific scene to look for instead of trying to scan through entire movies looking for good scenes. So I'm not just suggesting to make my life easier, it's for everyone's benefit.
Look at how many requests there were for the timestamps for HR Navy guns scene and WWZ grenade scene? And that was just in the last couple of days.

Yeah we have been doing that for a while. if a specific scene is impressive me or others will mention it and it will be graphed. also if you or anyone else would like to see a specific scene graphed it can be done
You and MRKCazador(sp?) Pio and Fatshafts graphs have been an awesome resource for everyone who visits these threads and is greatly appreciated by all.
This talk has made me wonder if there were a way to overlay a real time graph of the LFE channel when I do the demo disc? Seems like it would be awesome to have it selectable to be turned on and off. I have no idea if its even possible, but maybe someone reading has the know how and can share? Sorry for the tangent.

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You said it, i didn't :D I will readily admit it makes it MUCH easier to have a specific scene to look for instead of trying to scan through entire movies looking for good scenes. So I'm not just suggesting to make my life easier, it's for everyone's benefit.
Look at how many requests there were for the timestamps for HR Navy guns scene and WWZ grenade scene? And that was just in the last couple of days.

You and MRKCazador(sp?) Pio and Fatshafts graphs have been an awesome resource for everyone who visits these threads and is greatly appreciated by all.
This talk has made me wonder if there were a way to overlay a real time graph of the LFE channel when I do the demo disc? Seems like it would be awesome to have it selectable to be turned on and off. I have no idea if its even possible, but maybe someone reading has the know how and can share? Sorry for the tangent.
no i don't think that's possible. at least i don't know how to do it.

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
Fantastic Beasts and Where to find them has some low low bass moments (to the teen or lower if I had to guess). I only have trueHD7.1 and find it sounds absolutely fantastic. Folks with Atmos are in for great treat, I am sure.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Fantastic Beasts and Where to find them has some low low bass moments (to the teen or lower if I had to guess). I only have trueHD7.1 and find it sounds absolutely fantastic. Folks with Atmos are in for great treat, I am sure.
I saw this at an Imax and thought the soundtrack had an incredible amount of surround detail that was well placed with pin point accuracy...awesome immersion! To me, the bass was solid but unsure how deep it extends; the Imax standard is to be minus 3dB @ 20Hz with up to 118dB (continuous). I'm curious to see how it sounds at home in 5.2.4 with the bass a little hotter.

Here's an interesting article on Imax sound design, hardware, and implementation in theaters.
http://www.homecinemachoice.com/news/article/the-sound-of-imax/16250

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Watched 13 Hours and Hacksaw Ridge this weekend. Store bought blu-rays. In terms of sound, IMHO, the sound on 13 Hours was much better than Hacksaw Ridge. At times in Hacksaw Ridge (especially pre-battle), the dialogue was muddy. I just thought the sound in 13 Hours was much crisper and detailed - it felt like it had been polished by a professional. 13 Hours is just a demo-disc through out! Not saying anything bad about Hacksaw Ridge, but the bass I enjoyed the very most was the ATMOS logo/clip that played before the movie. I think I got goose bumps. On its own, Hacksaw Ridge has lots of great bass. But put it next to 13 Hours and 13 Hours is the winner.

Both make me happy to own good subwoofers (and the ability to play them loud enough).

Reactions: Kini62 and jsgrise
1 - 20 of 18988 Posts