AVS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 19624 Posts

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
You and MRKCazador(sp?) Pio and Fatshafts graphs have been an awesome resource for everyone who visits these threads and is greatly appreciated by all.
This talk has made me wonder if there were a way to overlay a real time graph of the LFE channel when I do the demo disc? Seems like it would be awesome to have it selectable to be turned on and off. I have no idea if its even possible, but maybe someone reading has the know how and can share? Sorry for the tangent.
You can capture audio in real time into speclab if you go to Audio settings, I/O Selection. Select your microphone as the input. If you wan't to capture the LFE channel directly from RCA you would select the line input.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Are these charting the highest volume at each frequency during the movie? Is that how this works or is it averaged somehow?

What is the green vs. red?

I.e. Can someone add an explanation so I can understand what I am looking at?
Green is the highest dB at that frequency. May only last a second or less.

Red is the average dB at that frequency.
Knowing how often this question came up in the old thread, it might be worth putting an explanation of how to interpret the graphs, along with the software used to obtain them, in the OP.

;)

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Watched 13 Hours and Hacksaw Ridge this weekend. Store bought blu-rays. In terms of sound, IMHO, the sound on 13 Hours was much better than Hacksaw Ridge. At times in Hacksaw Ridge (especially pre-battle), the dialogue was muddy. I just thought the sound in 13 Hours was much crisper and detailed - it felt like it had been polished by a professional. 13 Hours is just a demo-disc through out! Not saying anything bad about Hacksaw Ridge, but the bass I enjoyed the very most was the ATMOS logo/clip that played before the movie. I think I got goose bumps. On its own, Hacksaw Ridge has lots of great bass. But put it next to 13 Hours and 13 Hours is the winner.

Both make me happy to own good subwoofers (and the ability to play them loud enough).
+1

13 Hours was truly impressive and was certainly the result of a massive amount of editing and mixing. Many many hours! To me it was a clear winner.

Hacksaw ridge was great but I found it a bit uneaven. I expected more gut punch on the destroyers canon shots for instance. Dialogue was a bit soft at some point. But don't get me wrong, it had a lot a great moments too!

·
Registered
7,594 Posts
I just revisited Terminator Genisys last night. Holy Smokes I forgot how good the bass was in that film, especially the last half of the film. If you guys haven't seen it in a while you might want to play it again.

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
+1

13 Hours was truly impressive and was certainly the result of a massive amount of editing and mixing. Many many hours! To me it was a clear winner.

Hacksaw ridge was great but I found it a bit uneaven. I expected more gut punch on the destroyers canon shots for instance. Dialogue was a bit soft at some point. But don't get me wrong, it had a lot a great moments too!
That would be the battleships' guns. 16", 2,000lb shells. BB63 is the USS Missouri.

·
Registered
6,499 Posts
No Edge of Tommorrow, voted the biggest sub killer of all time? :) Nice lists, however...

Reactions: StainlessSteve

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
While I don't post much any more I do follow along with the old Bass thread, so thanks MrGrey for your time and effort putting this updated thread together. :cool:

Reactions: MrGrey

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Dead Room should be added to the list on the first page. Just watched this again and what a POTENT bass track! Had my shirt flapping at reference during some parts. :cool:
i think i remember graphing that film, crazy intro:eek: i never finished watching it.

21 - 40 of 19624 Posts