AVS Forum banner

421 - 440 of 18650 Posts

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Underworld Awakening still has the edge in the bass department IMO. It would be cool to see both graphs together though.
looking forward to this and Resident Evil: The Final Chapter -
Kate or Milla - if had to choose?

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
After seeing Rogue One i honestly feel that Industrial Light & Magic (ILM) is finally able to do a visual effect job that isn't rushed to a point where its below ILM's standard like in transformers 4 and now five. the visuals are so authentic and real i can see that it is truly crafted with love all the way. this movie is genuinely beautiful i kid you not and it makes me happy to see the hard earned skills from ILM's team being used to its full potential. In my opinion this movie is visual effects, story, and audio perfection. I wish the bass was more violent but i will be getting the 5 disc Target exclusive.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
Pre-ordered the same target disc set. Can't wait to see it again. It was fantastic. I saw it in a Cinemark XD theater that has a really good sound system including what felt like some reasonable extension on the low end. I recall many exvellent bass scenes as I remember thinking to myself that I was looking forward to watching at home with my own sub.

Reactions: MrGrey

·
Registered
7,378 Posts
^^ all graphed movies are on page 1. I enjoyed the movie and it had some nice bass.
This is good to know. I've played the video games for a few years and really like them and have been looking forward to the movie but hadn't seen nor heard much about it. I'm glad to hear you liked it.

·
Registered
5,194 Posts

·
Registered
3,548 Posts

BTW I really like this idea of listing top 10 for every year, since there are so many movies with great sound - hopefully you'll keep running tab of all the coming years (2016, 2017, etc.) on the critical first page?

I know you have a lot of work to do already but if I also may suggest to add PvA's of a few all-time greatest hits to make the thread complete: War of the Worlds, Incredible Hulk, Underworld Awakening, Live Free or Die Hard are the 4 that come to mind. They set the standard to compare new comers.

Thanks again and please don't disappear :); I visit this thread often to see what people say. Now if only our mod would please make this a sticky. I just PM'ed @markrubin - is that the right Mark Rubin?​

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Welcome!

Did you compare it to hacksaw ridge?
I've watched the battle scene in Hacksaw Ridge quite a few times and it kicks butt. Having never seen War Horse before I didn't know what to expect and went in blind with mv at only -18.
Needless to say I was quite surprised and very impressed once that first blast shook my couch and rattled all my pictures! Excellent use of surrounds too with all the bullets whizzing by.
I actually grabbed my remote and lowered it a bit as I didn't want to piss my neighbors off at 11 am on a Sunday morning ;)
I'll do some more back to back listening but I think even after one listen I may give the nod to War Horse.

·
Registered
808 Posts
I've watched the battle scene in Hacksaw Ridge quite a few times and it kicks butt. Having never seen War Horse before I didn't know what to expect and went in blind with mv at only -18.
Needless to say I was quite surprised and very impressed once that first blast shook my couch and rattled all my pictures! Excellent use of surrounds too with all the bullets whizzing by.
I actually grabbed my remote and lowered it a bit as I didn't want to piss my neighbors off at 11 am on a Sunday morning ;)
I'll do some more back to back listening but I think even after one listen I may give the nod to War Horse.
I just War Horse got it as well after reading reading this thread. I'm waiting for an empty house day so I can crank it. Looks like I will be in for a treat.

How was the movie itself?

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #437
BTW I really like this idea of listing top 10 for every year, since there are so many movies with great sound - hopefully you'll keep running tab of all the coming years (2016, 2017, etc.) on the critical first page?

I know you have a lot of work to do already but if I also may suggest to add PvA's of a few all-time greatest hits to make the thread complete: War of the Worlds, Incredible Hulk, Underworld Awakening, Live Free or Die Hard are the 4 that come to mind. They set the standard to compare new comers.

Thanks again and please don't disappear :); I visit this thread often to see what people say. Now if only our mod would please make this a sticky. I just PM'ed @markrubin - is that the right Mark Rubin?
Yeah for sure i will continue it since i love movies so much:D. i have Incredible Hulk and War of the Worlds blu-ray's so i will graph those. hopefully i can get the other two at best buy or on amazon. i wont disappear unless it beyond my control and if it does get to that point for some serious ass reasons i will just give my account over to the person who would be able to continue contributing to the forum since its not a social media account or anything personal like that.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Watched Hacksaw Ridge and War Horse, both for the first time this weekend. Saddam Hussein! War Horse is for reals! I definitely was more impressed with that than Hacksaw. Once the battle scenes started, I was wide awake. (Yes, I dozed off for a few winks in the first hour.)

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
@MrGrey, thanks. If this helps - PvA's of the old greatest hits (all "monumental" :)):

Underworld Awakening:

Live Free or Die Hard:

Incredible Hulk:

The Mother of them all :): War of the Worlds

421 - 440 of 18650 Posts