AVS Forum banner

41 - 60 of 19625 Posts

·
Registered
9,004 Posts
Mahalo for taking the time to do this.

Is the Magnificent 7 on the list? Did I miss it? If not, it had a great soundtrack.

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Are the graphs the LFE channel only? What do the graphs tell us about absolute volume levels, assuming 0 (on receiver) is calibrated to 85dB average? Does that make 0 on the charts equal 115dB?

For those new to this, the following article may be useful: http://www.acousticfrontiers.com/2013314thx-reference-level/
No all channels are graphed together. This may explain it properly http://data-bass.ipbhost.com/index....rfall-scene-capture-tutorial/page-2#entry2044

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
@MrGrey

Thank you so much for doing this! Your time and effort is very much appreciated! Great idea!

Reactions: MrGrey

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
After watching Hacksaw Ridge twice this week I started going through other war movies I have. Put in Platoon and for as great of a movie it is, the sound is so terrible I couldn't last 45 minutes. They need to re-release this movie and update the soundtrack. I fear I will feel the same way as I go through some of my other favorite, older war movies too.

·
Registered
7,049 Posts
After watching Hacksaw Ridge twice this week I started going through other war movies I have. Put in Platoon and for as great of a movie it is, the sound is so terrible I couldn't last 45 minutes. They need to re-release this movie and update the soundtrack. I fear I will feel the same way as I go through some of my other favorite, older war movies too.
Did you mention somewhere about a couch lifting sensation? I so I mentioned that in the Bluray review thread as the effect was just incredible and a first from any movie with bass ! The room lock and pressurization was just first class and the Atmos here was best to date and in my honest opinion It may just be the best thing I've heard in my movie watching years!
How do I know that! I plan on a rewatch later this week and that's never happened before:eek:;);)

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I am surprised that Edge of Tomorrow wasn't on the list...

Especially the first 30 seconds.....

·
Registered
19,582 Posts
I ran some graphs of older movies but I don't know where they all are and the graphs I have on photobucket are not labeled.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Did you mention somewhere about a couch lifting sensation? I so I mentioned that in the Bluray review thread as the effect was just incredible and a first from any movie with bass ! The room lock and pressurization was just first class and the Atmos here was best to date and in my honest opinion It may just be the best thing I've heard in my movie watching years!
How do I know that! I plan on a rewatch later this week and that's never happened before:eek:;);)
Agreed, the gunships and bullet exchange were the most fun I've had in awhile! Amazing!

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
John WiCK (CLUB SCENE)
Time Stamp
00:47:29 - 00:54:42
i will be graphing the full film since i don't see it on the list.
dominguez1 requested the club scene.

Ha cool! I like the whole movie graphs, but it's great seeing the FR of the most impressive scenes too. Keep it up!

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
What is this "Subbed" of which you all are posting? Is it a real movie? If so, googling "Movie Subbed", sure doesn't help much.

Reactions: cuzed2

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
John WiCK (CLUB SCENE)
Time Stamp
00:47:29 - 00:54:42
i will be graphing the full film since i don't see it on the list.
dominguez1 requested the club scene.

Great, thank you so much!

I also really like the Church scene and the Revenge scene, with nice clean gunshot pops and weighty explosion.

For those of you who saw the sequel, how was the audio?

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
What is this "Subbed" of which you all are posting? Is it a real movie? If so, googling "Movie Subbed", sure doesn't help much.
Not sure if you are kidding, but in case you're not....

Short for subscribed, as in subscribed to the thread. ;)

41 - 60 of 19625 Posts