AVS Forum banner

16401 - 16420 of 18658 Posts

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Okay, update on my "why is the new Godzilla movie not killing it" bass wise....well, watch again and tried changing every setting, reran audessey (don't have bass EQ), etc. Interestingly, then I threw in the DVD version (I bought the DVD/BR combo) and it had bass coming out of the walls! I suspect my BR disc is defective, because I put in my Hacksaw ridge BR and the battle scene nearly took my room off!
Problem solved....
Ha! This thread acts like a Bass Barometer to ensure your settings and equipment are working as intended! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've only just found this list after searching for years for something like this (I must not be able to use Google as it's been going for 8 years?!?)

Anyway thanks and amazing work people!

also glad to see "Flight of the Phoenix" which blew my sub twice on the old list!

·
Registered
6,431 Posts
Ha! This thread acts like a Bass Barometer to ensure your settings and equipment are working as intended! :rolleyes:
Yes, and I knew something was wrong, since so many of you guys had said that Godzilla was "bass monster", pun intended. Crappy movie, however (IMHO).

Reactions: SuperFist

·
Premium Member
14,809 Posts
Anyway, it might be time to become a big boy and calibrate my subs...
Okay, update on my "why is the new Godzilla movie not killing it" bass wise....well, watch again and tried changing every setting, reran audessey (don't have bass EQ), etc. Interestingly, then I threw in the DVD version (I bought the DVD/BR combo) and it had bass coming out of the walls! I suspect my BR disc is defective, because I put in my Hacksaw ridge BR and the battle scene nearly took my room off!
Problem solved....
Yes, and I knew something was wrong, since so many of you guys had said that Godzilla was "bass monster", pun intended. Crappy movie, however (IMHO).
I still find this interesting as there have certainly been enough folks who just thought KOTM was neutered that perhaps there in fact was a bad batch of Blu rays. These are systems I KNOW are capable of reproducing KOTM, but just seem to fall short for some reason. I'd hate to have had all of us arguing when in fact it was a bad batch of discs. I mean, stranger things have happened around here...

·
Registered
6,431 Posts
I still find this interesting as there have certainly been enough folks who just thought KOTM was neutered that perhaps there in fact was a bad batch of Blu rays. These are systems I KNOW are capable of reproducing KOTM, but just seem to fall short for some reason. I'd hate to have had all of us arguing when in fact it was a bad batch of discs. I mean, stranger things have happened around here...
yes, somehow I doubt my BR disc is the only one that has some sort of muffled/distorted bass sound and dialogue isn't very clear either. Don't have the receipt to return if, but if anyone hears of this issue, I might have a "in" to get this replaced!

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
Try turning off Audyssey and see how the bass sounds.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Alright... all this talk of War Of The Worlds has inspired me to marry the great DVD Bass to the Blu-ray audio! For those of you who know how to Remux with MKVToolnix, you can just slip this DTS-HD MA 5.1 badboy right in and be enjoying you some Pod Emergence Bass in HD, baby! :cool:

https://mega.nz/#!GzBmCayD!HmF5Pdtrnj-rSf1v2KSiNmA5s9j2HuT4_KH1Kq2hjrI
This gives me an idea about U-571... if anyone would like to donate the DVD LFE from this film, I'll be more than happy to marry it to the DTS-HD MA surrounds on the Blu-ray and create the perfect basshead version of it! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
This gives me an idea about U-571... if anyone would like to donate the DVD LFE from this film, I'll be more than happy to marry it to the DTS-HD MA surrounds on the Blu-ray and create the perfect basshead version of it! :rolleyes:
I got the movie too, give me a few.

Damn, I can't find it!!!! I must have lent it out and never got it back.

Reactions: SuperFist

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
It Chapter Two (2019) DD

Watched IT Chapter 2 last night. It's loud and has a lot of bass, the movie, on the other hand, was so-so.

Reactions: subacabra

·
Registered
616 Posts
Can you put in the 4K version and choose the DTS-HD MA 7.1 track, or do you have to play the Blu Ray to get the better bass track?

·
Registered
16,887 Posts
Does anyone know if there is any significant difference in the bass between the theatrical and extended cut for Terminator Salvation on blu ray? Just saw this blu is 10 years old this month! :eek: Doesn't seem that long ago.

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
Remux for the win. I've done that for a few titles already.

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
Any luck yet?: D

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Yes! I've been telling my coworkers and friends about the Total Recall remake for years, but they don't seem to believe me. At the end of the day, I tell them if all else fails, you have Jessica Biel and Kate Beckinsale in the same movie! :eek:
I love the mix on that movie but every time I watch it on BD im reminded that my copy has a few audio dropouts in it. I think there was an exchange program I had heard about a few years later.

16401 - 16420 of 18658 Posts