AVS Forum banner

18181 - 18200 of 19167 Posts

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
@indebtbassfreak, did you view the disc, or did you stream.
I have only seem streaming version, and wondering about getting disc, but a few good moments in this one for sure.
Disc,,,, i dont even have my sound system hooked up to my cable provider. Only disc's or stream music through Google Play which sounds surprisingly good.

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
Nice @indebtbassfreak, and thanks for the info...Google Play you say....most of my streaming is thru Vudu anyway, but since the disc option has left them, I have gotten a few discs recently, and waiting for Jaws 4K this week! Bring on the BEQ!!!!!!!

·
Registered
420 Posts
Watched Bloodshot and I thought it was a decent movie.

I was laughing when Vin talked b/c it seems like the audio engineers added low bass to his voice throughout the movie!

·
Registered
668 Posts
Finally, watched my recent blu-ray purchase of WotW. WOW I haven't watched that in it's entirety since probably shortly after the Christmas of the year the DVD would have been released (dual disc special edition with the DTS track). So not only was it like watching it for the first time but man the bass was definitely worth it and blows the DVD away. The DVD was decent when I tested it on my current system, and definitely a lot better than when I originally watched it on my old Velodyne CT-80 sub back in the early 2000's but the blu-ray and my PB2000 were just such a massive upgrade for that movie's soundtrack.
Because of this thread, I just purchased the Bluray as well and other than the video looking over exposed, the audio was absolutely reference. I usually listen at -15 on my 5.1.4 set up and very few films get the second light on my inuke going (BR2049, Interstellar are a few others) and this one did. I need to watch again soon.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Because of this thread, I just purchased the Bluray as well and other than the video looking over exposed, the audio was absolutely reference. I usually listen at -15 on my 5.1.4 set up and very few films get the second light on my inuke going (BR2049, Interstellar are a few others) and this one did. I need to watch again soon.

There was some discussion a couple weeks ago about the video and someone mentioned that the look on the Blu Ray is the intended look by the person that filmed the movie. Apparently that washed out overexposed look is their filming style. I don't know how accurate that is but I seem to remember it looked about the same on the DVD as well

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Nice @indebtbassfreak, and thanks for the info...Google Play you say....most of my streaming is thru Vudu anyway, but since the disc option has left them, I have gotten a few discs recently, and waiting for Jaws 4K this week! Bring on the BEQ!!!!!!!
You will love Jaws in UHD. We watched it this weekend and the heights are used frequently. There are many times you feel like you were swallowed by the shark! The bass definitely needs BEQ action. I had just added by PSA TV3612 to go with my V3600I and we were watching with no BEQ (still need to get a minidsp). My wife commented that she thought the second sub was going to be an improvement. Had to play The Dark Knight Rises (the plane scene) and then she was like, yeah, that's an improvement!

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Did anyone ever graph Bond Die Another Day?. Might be of interest. Maybe BEQ?.

Been making my way thru all the Bond films. Watched this a couple nights ago with DTS Neural X 7.2.4 was a VERY active audio mix.

I checked both bass and BEQ threads and a search didn’t produce any graph results.

·
Registered
6,639 Posts

Been making my way thru all the Bond films. Watched this a couple nights ago with DTS Neural X 7.2.4 was a VERY active audio mix.

I checked both bass and BEQ threads and a search didn’t produce any graph results.
The Pierce Brosnan and Daniel Craig Bond 007 movies in the BEQ thread are all listed under "J" for James Bond.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,975 Posts

I remember when I first watched this one and I wanted to die THAT day! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
317 Posts
Watched Bloodshot and I thought it was a decent movie.

I was laughing when Vin talked b/c it seems like the audio engineers added low bass to his voice throughout the movie!
I really enjoyed the climax fight scene, good bass and visually pleasing. And of course Vin never disappointments me with his white tank top :p

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
I was just surfing through Blu-ray deals and came across Geostorm. Looks like it has some good bass and the audio reviews were pretty good. Anyone watch it? I’m always up for a mindless disaster flick, but curious if this one is too mindless, lol.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
I was just surfing through Blu-ray deals and came across Geostorm. Looks like it has some good bass and the audio reviews were pretty good. Anyone watch it? I’m always up for a mindless disaster flick, but curious if this one is too mindless, lol.
I believe I watched it and thought it was okay, but I don't know if I'd recommend anyone buy it.

However, I do see it's only $5 on Amazon so I guess that helps. I just don't remember anything that stood out in this one or else I would have made an OMG bass comment of some sort.

BassEQ Geostorm (2017) DTS-HD MA 5.1

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
@SuperFist did you get your copy of The Art of Flight yet? I was thinking of you with it last night. I have a demo clip (it was on one of the AVS demo discs) that I was playing last night when I got the TRAP running to test it.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I believe that was one of SyFy's B grade sci-fi movie of the week things.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
It's the right amount of "mindless'. I watched it at theaters with my mom, who love disasters flicks, and we both enjoyed it. At 5 bucks there's not much to lose. I'm planning to buy it when I have the chance.

Enviado desde mi XT1032 mediante Tapatalk

Reactions: Tom Riddle

·
Registered
966 Posts
It's the right amount of "mindless'. I watched it at theaters with my mom, who love disasters flicks, and we both enjoyed it. At 5 bucks there's not much to lose. I'm planning to buy it when I have the chance.

Enviado desde mi XT1032 mediante Tapatalk
This Gerard Butler movie was reviewed by How Did This Get Made podcast, https://www.earwolf.com/episode/geostorm-live/ they also reviewed Gerard's Gamer. I have to revisit it because at the time I watched it on my main floor TV with a soundbar instead of my home theater. But Gamer in UHD was only $5 last week on Vudu so i am definitely rewatching it. Hopefully the bass is good.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
The Pierce Brosnan and Daniel Craig Bond 007 movies in the BEQ thread are all listed under "J" for James Bond.
Yes of course J for James Bond. :D

That’s too funny. I keep saying that’s weird that youse guys don’t have any of the older Bond movies graphed.

Thanks Pio, they say the best place to hide is the obvious. :eek:

Reactions: Tom Riddle

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
This Gerard Butler movie was reviewed by How Did This Get Made podcast, https://www.earwolf.com/episode/geostorm-live/ they also reviewed Gerard's Gamer. I have to revisit it because at the time I watched it on my main floor TV with a soundbar instead of my home theater. But Gamer in UHD was only $5 last week on Vudu so i am definitely rewatching it. Hopefully the bass is good.
Gamer has some amazing bass. It’s also a fun action flick that’s just the right amount of mindless entertainment.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Hey, guys... I was so excited and stoked about the two intros to The Fourth Phase snowboarding documentary that I converted them from 4K to AVC 1080p in Dolby Atmos so everyone else can enjoy it! It's got really good Atmos and fantastic bass! :cool:

The Fourth Phase Intro 1 (Dolby Atmos)
(This seems to be an older Dolby demo, but it was made in Dolby Atmos)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fu8h7yw0zmjorsa/The%20Fourth%20Phase%20Intro%201%20%28Dolby%20Atmos%29.mkv?dl=0

The Fourth Phase Intro 2 (Dolby Atmos)
(This seems to be the logos of the studios and companies that created this documentary)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vcfa5odm3rbv9hh/The%20Fourth%20Phase%20Intro%202%20%28Dolby%20Atmos%29.mkv?dl=0

18181 - 18200 of 19167 Posts