AVS Forum banner

18221 - 18240 of 19171 Posts

·
Registered
1,681 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
"I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of high-pass filters suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly disabled. I fear something Great has happened."

Ashfall (2019)

This came in and we gave it a spin last night. We really enjoyed it. Picture, sound, bass and good story. Thank you MrGrey for posting it.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
The invisible man has some great LFE moments - the very start was amazing with waves crashing over etc - really sets up the intensity for first part of movie
Big time! masterfully done! The objects from the Atmos could be down right creepy even when not intended and as you say the opening says it all and was a perfect setup. PQ could have been a tad better but I'll give soundtrack the reference nod without question and on my top 5 Atmos tracks. Even the movie was good:cool:

·
Registered
29 Posts
@SuperFist
I did find a Amazon copy with English subs out there. It is slow to start but very good.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Gave Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge a watch last night. Really enjoyed it, really nice bass throughout. Anyone who likes Mortal Kombat (game) and Anime should give this a watch
(graph courtesy of @aron7awol )

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
We popped in Den of Thieves last night. Wow, what a great LFE flick. The gunfire was just amazing and the surround usage was phenomenal. Can’t say how much we enjoyed it.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Gave Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge a watch last night. Really enjoyed it, really nice bass throughout. Anyone who likes Mortal Kombat (game) and Anime should give this a watch
(graph courtesy of @aron7awol )
I was debating adding the blu-ray to my Netflix list. I wasn't sure if it was a theatrical release or direct to DVD thing, do you know? If it's decent I guess it doesn't matter overall I'll add it, I'm just curious to know though so I know what I'm getting into if that makes sense.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
I was debating adding the blu-ray to my Netflix list. I wasn't sure if it was a theatrical release or direct to DVD thing, do you know? If it's decent I guess it doesn't matter overall I'll add it, I'm just curious to know though so I know what I'm getting into if that makes sense.
It's direct-to-video and it's the first animated Mortal Kombat movie to receive an R rating, as well as the first ever Mortal Kombat movie to get an R rating. I really enjoyed it.

Also, if you're into this universe, make sure you check out the cutscene movie of Mortal Kombat 11. It's better than some actual movies!

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I think it was straight to DVD release (well definitely in Australia) If you like Mortal Kombat games, it's a safe bet you'll like this. It's definitely more of an adult animated movie - very bloody, heaps of violence and a few choice words thrown around for good measure.The animation is well done too. I'll rewatch this one for sure.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Got around to watching a couple of good ones: Guns Akimbo and Hardcore Henry.

Guns Akimbo was awesome! How it has a 53% RT score and a dismal 40% audience score is beyond me! This was a thrill ride from start to finish with Daniel Radcliffe really selling his role and the always awesome Samara Weaving playing a deadly and crazy assassin. The LFE was hard hitting and relentless throughout. The surround usage was phenomenal with bullets spraying through the sound field with accuracy and the music was on point. The PQ was also reference quality.

Hardcore Henry is another one with a 51% and 50% that just makes no sense. What a fun thrill ride - this is almost like a VR experience, putting you right into the action from the beginning. I strangely kept thinking of BioShock as it went through - thought Jimmy might ask him “Would you kindly” at some point, lol. The audio was reference throughout with some awesome LFE and ULF. Surround usage was crazy with grenades, bullets, and anything else you can think of flying around. The PQ was decent, but I wasn’t expecting much based on the way it was filmed.

I also popped in War of the Worlds (Blu-ray) just to check out the pod emergence scene now that I’ve added a second sub. Wow!!! It made my couch float, lol. What a great day filled with bass!

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
It's direct-to-video and it's the first animated Mortal Kombat movie to receive an R rating, as well as the first ever Mortal Kombat movie to get an R rating. I really enjoyed it.

Also, if you're into this universe, make sure you check out the cutscene movie of Mortal Kombat 11. It's better than some actual movies!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyOHwez3TP0

Well............ Apparently I'm not watching it anytime soon unless I buy it. Netflix only had it listed in DVD format (no Blu-Ray) and unknown release date. Yes it was definitely the correct one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
701 Posts
Rammstein: Paris Blu-Ray arrived in the mail for me today. I watched that before I even made supper. For those not familiar, German Industrial Metal Concert/Music Video of their performance in Paris. Absolutely crazy show! Good music that thoroughly gave my subs a workout. Kidney and chest punch along with some lumps in the throat fun. Most all of it, except the few lyrics I remembered from reading English translations, I didn't understand. That is how entertaining, and sometimes disturbing, the performance is since it didn't matter.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Rammstein: Paris Blu-Ray arrived in the mail for me today. I watched that before I even made supper. For those not familiar, German Industrial Metal Concert/Music Video of their performance in Paris. Absolutely crazy show! Good music that thoroughly gave my subs a workout. Kidney and chest punch along with some lumps in the throat fun. Most all of it, except the few lyrics I remembered from reading English translations, I didn't understand. That is how entertaining, and sometimes disturbing, the performance is since it didn't matter.
I have tickets to their US tour that was supposed to happen this summer. Now postponed for 2021. I had not listened to anything new by them in 20 years. Then i listened to the new album last year and they sound the same. I hear they put on quiet a show. Only 6 North Am tour dates. There is a stop motion video showing the 6 days to setup one of their shows.

Reactions: Tom Riddle

·
Registered
966 Posts
Got around to watching a couple of good ones: Guns Akimbo and Hardcore Henry.

Guns Akimbo was awesome! How it has a 53% RT score and a dismal 40% audience score is beyond me! This was a thrill ride from start to finish with Daniel Radcliffe really selling his role and the always awesome Samara Weaving playing a deadly and crazy assassin. The LFE was hard hitting and relentless throughout. The surround usage was phenomenal with bullets spraying through the sound field with accuracy and the music was on point. The PQ was also reference quality.
I have never heard of this movie and watched the trailer after reading your post. I am in. I saw Samara Weaving in Ready or Not and while not bass worthy, still a great flick. I am excited for this one now!

Reactions: Tom Riddle

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
I have never heard of this movie and watched the trailer after reading your post. I am in. I saw Samara Weaving in Ready or Not and while not bass worthy, still a great flick. I am excited for this one now!
Nice! Let us know your thoughts once you are able to watch. I still haven’t seen Ready or Not, but it’s been on my watchlist for a while - waiting on the Blu-ray price to drop.

18221 - 18240 of 19171 Posts