AVS Forum banner

18241 - 18260 of 18589 Posts

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Watched Bad Boys the other day - one of my all time favorites and had a lot of fun, but it wasn’t anything to write home about in the audio department. Some good mid-bass, but nothing hit too hard and the while there was good surround usage, the effects sounded dated. Even so, it’s still amazing!

Flash forward to tonight and we popped in Bad Boys II. Wow! This is a reference Atmos track with some amazing LFE. The bass was relentless throughout and the surround usage was just amazing! It’s hard to believe this film is already 17 years old, but the UHD was like a new release. I wasn’t expecting bullets, cars, and all the other flying debris to be moving so seamlessly through the soundstage. The helicopters really showed off what Atmos is all about. Oh, and those Go Boats.... yeah, those were awesome! I can’t wait to watch Bad Boys for Life!

Oh, and my wife had never seen either movie. Just shocking! Lol.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Nice! Let us know your thoughts once you are able to watch. I still haven’t seen Ready or Not, but it’s been on my watchlist for a while - waiting on the Blu-ray price to drop.
The audio does not go very low so if you can take advantage of streaming UHD titles Ready or Not has been on sale for less than $10 a few times already. Having said that the 4K is not demo worthy but still nice to get 4K resolution.

Reactions: Tom Riddle

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Kind of disappointed from Jumanji Next Level. The mix didn't sound as dynamic as the prev Jumanji. Low end was missing and it felt just like in the theater, focused only 1 frequency for bass.

At least i laughed my pants off.
I felt the same way, at least the PQ and movie were above average.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Guns Akimbo was awesome! How it has a 53% RT score and a dismal 40% audience score is beyond me! This was a thrill ride from start to finish
holeefudge !!! this movie is awesome entertaining !!! i couldnt stop watching, no comparison to the waste of toiletpaper 'birds of prey' P-O-S i didnt go beyond 15min

Reactions: Tom Riddle

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
HOLY CRAP @Tom Riddle, so I went to see the Riddick that I have, and I have the HD-DVD versions.....yikes. I will look for an upgrade for these.
Man, HD-DVD - that brings back some good memories. I had about 100 of those when they went under.

Reactions: Mike Butny

·
Registered
911 Posts
Because every release is different now I want to see screencaps of The Matrix from your HD-DVD collection.

I totally lucked out, I finally broke down and bought a HD DVD player for Transformers and less than a week later it was official with WB so I never opened it and returned it.

·
Registered
6,612 Posts
My 4k and blu ray collection. Physical media rules!
My latest ....

Time to add another bookcase soon (there's already one more unit around the corner that's full)

Attachments

·
Registered
233 Posts
My 4k and blu ray collection. Physical media rules!
You don't happen to like Blade Runner by chance?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,612 Posts
Love your work. Is that a BB King "Lucille" Epiphone hanging on the wall? And two MTBs? All in the cinema room?
We may be on different sides of the world, but have so much in common.😎
It sure is, Good Eye lol!

Lucille is the most recent, also have an Eric Clapton Blackie, a Keith Richards Blonde Tele.
Les Paul is a Studio in faded brown but looking for a Slash Tobacco Burst. Gretsch is 5420 Aspen Green.
Acoustics: Takamine BG334 and a pair of Taylor's, a 6 string 316ce and a 12 string 356ce.

Three Fat Bikes, all Trek Farley's (His&Hers 7's and a new 9.6 Carbon)
Currently on 4.5 x 27.5 Summer tires (tubeless), but swap all over to Studded tires for Winter.

(sorry for O/T) :eek:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
(sorry for O/T) :eek:
While we're OT...You're missing my favorite single malt, Lagavulin 16 year (unless those square boxes hiding by the chair side arm ARE Lagavulin). Also highly recommend Aberlour A’bunadh cask strength.
Amazing room BTW.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Reactions: PioManiac
18241 - 18260 of 18589 Posts