AVS Forum banner

18261 - 18280 of 19171 Posts

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
While we're OT...You're missing my favorite single malt, Lagavulin 16 year (unless those square boxes hiding by the chair side arm ARE Lagavulin). Also highly recommend Aberlour A’bunadh cask strength.
Amazing room BTW.
Oh I have a few of those as well ;) that pic is pretty old, from ~2012
My WhiskyBase Collection logged here: https://www.whiskybase.com/profile/piomaniac/collection

Recently scored another round of the Game of Thrones Collection on clearance (half price) below cost.
https://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/feature/gameofthrones

·
Registered
12,879 Posts
Don't know how you guys "collect" whisky...I buy a bottle, I drink said bottle. :D

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
Don't know how you guys "collect" whisky...I buy a bottle, I drink said bottle. :D
My movie/whisky collection in my basement bunker are for the impending zombie apocalypse :D
I would guess more than half of my Single Malt inventory are completely empty, I just like keeping the tubes/boxes for display.

:)

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
TIL Awrence is now on 4K UHD disc. The list of classics getting the 4K treatment is slowly growing.
Lawrence of Arabia has been on my wish list for EVAR!

Waiting for a rainy weekend (it's almost 4 hours long) to fire up the JVC and drop the big 9' W-I-D-E screen.
(Being from 1962, I'm not expecting a lot of LFE/ULF but maybe Aron can BEQ out what little is available)

Attachments

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
While we're OT for just a little bit longer (sorry for the interruption)

How are you guys coping with the crap year 2020 has been so far?
Anyone else working from home? I've been working from my basement mancave for 3 months.

I know there's a dedicated Covid-19/Corona thread, but I'm only subbed to 3 AVS threads
This one along with the BEQ thread, and one little known collection of AVS boozers :D

If anyone wants to just hangout, chill and have a beer/spirit/cocktail and share OT stuff:

Cruising the AVS Forum while intoxicated...

:smile:

·
Registered
12,879 Posts

Anyone else working from home? I've been working from my basement mancave for 3 months.

I know there's a dedicated Covid-19/Corona thread, but I'm only subbed to 3 AVS threads
This one along with the BEQ thread, and one little known collection of AVS boozers :D

If anyone wants to just hangout, chill and have a beer/spirit/cocktail and share OT stuff:

Been working from home for about 3 months as well and I kind of love it. :D

Not sure if I ever want to actually go back to work.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts

I’ve been working from home for 3 months as well. My office setup has 3 screens and a TV, so I’m good. I regularly work from home about a quarter of the week, so not a huge change for me. I do miss my everyday customer lunches. At least I’m still able to play golf infrequently with customers.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
My movie/whisky collection in my basement bunker are for the impending zombie apocalypse :D
I would guess more than half of my Single Malt inventory are completely empty, I just like keeping the tubes/boxes for display.

:)
That aforementioned Zombie Apocalypse is NOW! :D

I started back at work a couple of weeks ago after working from home steadily and productively for 2.5 months because I lost my damn mind and volunteered to return in the first wave. :confused:

And just this morning, I drove all 18 miles to work and only then did I realize I forgot my friggin laptop at home! So I pleaded with my manager, who is in the office (we're the only two), and she let me work from home today. And she also let me work from home Mondays and Fridays until everyone else is back in the office so that was cool of her.

But yeah... dealing with rush hour traffic, which has picked up this week (along with the COVID-19 cases in Arizona, too, by the way), is just something I will NEVER miss and would be a happy chappy if I never have to deal with it again!

·
Registered
221 Posts
It sure is, Good Eye lol!

Lucille is the most recent, also have an Eric Clapton Blackie, a Keith Richards Blonde Tele.
Les Paul is a Studio in faded brown but looking for a Slash Tobacco Burst. Gretsch is 5420 Aspen Green.
Acoustics: Takamine BG334 and a pair of Taylor's, a 6 string 316ce and a 12 string 356ce.

Three Fat Bikes, all Trek Farley's (His&Hers 7's and a new 9.6 Carbon)
Currently on 4.5 x 27.5 Summer tires (tubeless), but swap all over to Studded tires for Winter.

(sorry for O/T) :eek:
Also apologize for the O/T, but that's a great selection of guitars. You've got everything covered. Have been looking for a 335-style semi-hollow body myself this year, but had an accident with my left hand ,so no guitar playing ( or bike riding) for me for a while.

·
Registered
16,890 Posts
Kind of disappointed from Jumanji Next Level. The mix didn't sound as dynamic as the prev Jumanji. Low end was missing and it felt just like in the theater, focused only 1 frequency for bass.

At least i laughed my pants off.
We watched this last weekend as well and I agree. Audio/bass was forgettable. I thought the PQ was great at least.
Movie was fun, but glad I rented as its nothing I'd watch again.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Kind of disappointed from Jumanji Next Level. The mix didn't sound as dynamic as the prev Jumanji. Low end was missing and it felt just like in the theater, focused only 1 frequency for bass.

At least i laughed my pants off.
I am glad you said that since i watched this in the theater and when i watched it on UHD it felt lacking and I thought it was just me. I think this movie was a tad funnier than the first. Seeing Kevin Hart mimic Danny Glover's speech patterns was great!

Reactions: Toe and SuperFist

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
I am glad you said that since i watched this in the theater and when i watched it on UHD it felt lacking and I thought it was just me. I think this movie was a tad funnier than the first. Seeing Kevin Hart mimic Danny Glover's speech patterns was great!
Dude, seriously! That part made me crack up! And normally, I don't really find Kevin Hart funny, but I like him in movies, for the most part.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
The audio does not go very low so if you can take advantage of streaming UHD titles Ready or Not has been on sale for less than $10 a few times already. Having said that the 4K is not demo worthy but still nice to get 4K resolution.
I ended up buying Ready or Not on Blu-ray - just had to watch it after you mentioned it. That puts me at 950 Blu’s and UHD’s. Need to send a pic of my collection.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Been working from home for about 3 months as well and I kind of love it. :D

Not sure if I ever want to actually go back to work.
I've been working from home for 12 years now and love it also.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
@Tom Riddle, Got thru
Pitch Black and Chronicles of Riddick. Not a ton of bass in Pitch Black, but Chronicles of Riddick had quite a bit of shaking. I need to find that one with BEQ, and rewatch.
Nice! There is a third film simply titled “Riddick.” Riddick has more in common with Pitch Black and is a pretty good watch.

18261 - 18280 of 19171 Posts