AVS Forum banner

18561 - 18580 of 19233 Posts

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #18,561
I sure hope it doesn't go the way of Westworld. Westworld really jumped the shark this past season. The way it's going, HBO is going to Game of Thrones Season 8 it. :(
Never could get into Breaking Bad either.
Hopefully they don't ruin it but to be honest the last season wrapped it up for me and I'm satisfied and don't need another season. I tried to get into breaking bad a few times but couldn't get past the first episode (lazy) haha, but this was many years ago until I just sat down and gave it a chance and literally the first two episodes showed me what I was missing and I was hooked. Also having the actor Aaron Paul literally shooting a series at my neighbor's house and getting to meet him and take photos definitely made it a more bad ass experience . My mom also saw an episode and literally spent days hooked it on a few months ago! It's definitely something you won't be able to stop watching once you start and get into the story.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
163 Posts
You guys were right, I just rewatched Mad Max Fury Road -- and dang, i was shocked. The bass was insane and so were the vocals, would definitely recommend to showcase your HT

·
Registered
333 Posts
Heck yes, Fury Road is one of my mainstays!

Reactions: Jim Kiler

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Nice looking HT @[B]Tom Riddle[/B]! Did not see model projector. Must have it cemented in your housing with those PSA subs in your room!
Here is a shot of the projector and the subs. Couldn’t fit both subs fully into one shot, lol.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Sweet @Tom Riddle with that gold ring, is that a JVC? I bet you ge some real feel of those subs just behind you:eek:
Yes, it's the JVC RS-540 (JVC Pro Product Overview Page) which is equivalent to the consumer model DLA-X790. There is no difference between the two besides the aesthetic upgrade on the RS-540. My dealer only sold the Reference model, so that's what I went with.

Yeah, it's nice having them both near-field and the addition of the TV3612 has been really nice. It's a geometrically challenging room, so I had to do a lot in the way of acoustic paneling to help smooth it out, but I'm able to play at or near reference levels, which is nice. The front of the room is 12.5' wide and that goes back 9' length wise before it L's to the back, which is 9' wide. The overall length is 17.5' with 8' ceilings. There were two main challenges with converting it into a theater: structurally, I couldn't extend it to the full 15' that is available in length to connect to my game room because of the roof structure (it would have cost way too much to engineer a new load beam to include it, so that was scrapped) and then the downstairs A/C unit is to the what causes the L in the back and moving it to the attic above the second story was too cost prohibitive). Ultimately, it turned out great and works well for my family of 5. I was able to get a multimedia sofa from 4-seating that has 4 powered recliners and power headrests. The middle seat of the sectional is the only one that doesn't recline, but you can piggyback off the recliner next to it. My house is only 6 years old, so when the day comes that the a/c requires and update, I will move it to where the second unit is above the second floor and even out the whole room to 12.5'. I'm also considering having a false wall built down the road to put my front's behind and going from a 100" screen to a 120-130" acoustically transparent screen. Of course, these are just dreams right now, lol. My wife would kill me if I started redoing a theater that is less than 2 years old.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Sorry for the intrusion but since the forum update I no longer get the email notice when someone post new post? It says I am following all the threads I have been in, and e-mail notification is checked. Does anyone know if there is a thread to post these issues.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Sorry for the intrusion but since the forum update I no longer get the email notice when someone post new post? It says I am following all the threads I have been in, and e-mail notification is checked. Does anyone know if there is a thread to post these issues.
This thread has been getting issue reports and there are admins active in it. AVS Forum

BTW, I haven't been getting emails either.

Reactions: SuperFist

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
thanks for that.. BTW I JUST got a e-mail about your post, so maybe it starts to work when you start posting again?
FYI, if you're not getting them also check your settings. After @PoorSignal said they got one I checked mine and found that "Receive email when a new conversation message is received" was off. I thought it had turned it on yesterday.

Reactions: Tom Riddle

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
FYI, if you're not getting them also check your settings. After @PoorSignal said they got one I checked mine and found that "Receive email when a new conversation message is received" was off. I thought it had turned it on yesterday.
Same here. Just went to settings and had to flag it to receive an email.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Watched Friday Night Lights last night. A great movie based on the true story of the 1988 Permian Panthers of Odessa. Having grown up in a small town in Texas and playing football in high school, there are many things I can relate to with this movie. In Texas, high school football rules all - yeah businesses actually close. The bass wasn’t super memorable, but it hit well enough in the midst of the games. Overall, a great mix for a great movie.

Keeping with the based on a true story theme, we watched The Perfect Storm tonight. I will never understand the low reviews for this movies, as I’ve always found it to be great and deeply heartbreaking. There was some nice bass throughout, nothing that would put it on the top bass movie list, but still pleasing. Besides the story, the surround mix is the true winner here. Great effects throughout. Truly one of my favorite films.

Reactions: d-rail34

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Just finished Invisible Man last night. That Atmos track was great! The waves at the beginning really set the tone for the bass in it.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Watched Friday Night Lights last night. A great movie based on the true story of the 1988 Permian Panthers of Odessa. Having grown up in a small town in Texas and playing football in high school, there are many things I can relate to with this movie. In Texas, high school football rules all - yeah businesses actually close. The bass wasn’t super memorable, but it hit well enough in the midst of the games. Overall, a great mix for a great movie.

Keeping with the based on a true story theme, we watched The Perfect Storm tonight. I will never understand the low reviews for this movies, as I’ve always found it to be great and deeply heartbreaking. There was some nice bass throughout, nothing that would put it on the top bass movie list, but still pleasing. Besides the story, the surround mix is the true winner here. Great effects throughout. Truly one of my favorite films.
tell me you also love the series! It's my favorite television series of all time :)

Reactions: Tom Riddle

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
tell me you also love the series! It's my favorite television series of all time :)
For sure! The series is even better than the film!

·
Registered
974 Posts
I watched The Hunt last night and despite being from Blumhouse the ULF was not found. Initially i thought it would be good and the beginning when they open the crate it had bass but that was the only scene i felt it.

This is the movie Trump said should not be released but the characters were so shallow and generic on both sides of the political spectrum that no one should get offended. Maybe with more time spent on the script it might have been better. It felt like a rushed Ready or Not where there is no characters to like.

18561 - 18580 of 19233 Posts