AVS Forum banner

18621 - 18640 of 19164 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Agreed as well with @GPBURNS , I recently watched both the first ones after adding my FV15HP and I felt completely immersed. I felt like i was actually going at warp speed with every jump hahaha. Will have to try it again as LFE to see if any difference.

Also just re-watched A Quiet Place last nite, and man, the Atmos mix is awesome. I know it is a quiet movie but every time the monsters popped they had such an impact on the sound/bass, love it.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Agreed as well with @GPBURNS , I recently watched both the first ones after adding my FV15HP and I felt completely immersed. I felt like i was actually going at warp speed with every jump hahaha. Will have to try it again as LFE to see if any difference.

Also just re-watched A Quiet Place last nite, and man, the Atmos mix is awesome. I know it is a quiet movie but every time the monsters popped they had such an impact on the sound/bass, love it.
Ya QP its one of my favourites atmos tracks - guess QP 2 on hold for bit -

·
Registered
333 Posts
Ya QP its one of my favourites atmos tracks - guess QP 2 on hold for bit -

I just rewatched A Quiet Place as well a few days ago! Heh great timing with these posts, a wonderful movie with outstanding dynamics, one that is among my favorites.

Even though I'm not a father myself, I loved John Krasinski's role! THAT is what a good father does! I'm not afraid to admit a certain scene (not to spoil it if someone hasn't seen it) brings a rare tear to my otherwise macho eye every time. Bravo, Sir.

·
Premium Member
2,949 Posts
I just rewatched A Quiet Place as well a few days ago! Heh great timing with these posts, a wonderful movie with outstanding dynamics, one that is among my favorites.

Even though I'm not a father myself, I loved John Krasinski's role! THAT is what a good father does! I'm not afraid to admit a certain scene (not to spoil it if someone hasn't seen it) brings a rare tear to my otherwise macho eye every time. Bravo, Sir.

Keith,

TCL 55P607, OPPO UDP-203, 4K Fire TV, Marantz 6011, Rotel 1075 (Atmos)
DefTech SM 65 (X7), SVS PB16 Ultra (X2), SVS Prime Elevation (X4)
Headphone rig: PC-> Schiit Wyrd ->Schiit Modi Multibit ->Stax SRM-353X ->THX AAA 789
Headphones: Stax SR-207, Stax SR-L700, M1060, TH-X00 Purpleheart, HD600, HD6XX, etc
Keith,

If I read your Signature correctly ???
I see you have 2 SVS PB-16 ULTRA subs outstanding buddy. (y)

Me ..............

Waiting to be installed ^^^

Terry

·
Registered
333 Posts
Keith,

Me ..............

Waiting to be installed ^^^

Terry

If I read your Signature correctly ???
I see you have 2 SVS PB-16 ULTRA subs outstanding buddy. (y)
Haha yessir, I do own a pair of them! I've seen your build thread, and it looks like you have a stellar theater going there. I started with a pair of PC12 Plus's (replaced by 3000 Series I think) and when i hurt one, I took the opportunity to Upgrade rather than have the hurt one fixed.

The 4000 Series was brand-new at that point, and I very seriously considered a pair of PB4000's, I doubt I would have been disappointed if I had gone that route, BUT.....the "what if...." factor of knowing there was an even better/higher Model would have niggled at me. So I went straight to the top model just to save myself the time and hassle of deciding to upgrade again later :)

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Agreed @GPBURNS, I have rewathced the first 2, but have not done that with the 3rd of the Trilogy. Just didn't do much for me.
Same here!!! have all three, only watched the 3rd one time while the first two,, many times

·
Registered
159 Posts
Any idea which of the Avengers Movie has the best Atmos track? I ask because I rewatched Infinity War the other day and it felt really underwhelming. The vocals were really low, and it seemed to have some bass when needed but overall the mix just sounded really low

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Same here!!! have all three, only watched the 3rd one time while the first two,, many times
Man now you guys have me thinking of upgrading mine. I have the last two on blu-ray but the first one somehow ended up being a standard DVD. Can’t decide whether to just upgrade the first one or all of them and find a home for the old ones.

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
Find a home for the old ones. The Atmos track on the 2nd is really good. The bass on the first one is awesome! I don't remember much about the 3rd one except the chick with the tiger stripes.....

·
Registered
701 Posts
I found this at my local Walmart for $9.96. Odd thing is not on their website and not listed on Blu-Ray.com I remember some saying this was fun in earlier posts. I am looking forward to it.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Oops. Not use to this new system. Sorry for the multiple photo.

I figured out how to fix.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Man now you guys have me thinking of upgrading mine. I have the last two on blu-ray but the first one somehow ended up being a standard DVD. Can’t decide whether to just upgrade the first one or all of them and find a home for the old ones.
Sorry, didn't mean to mislead,,,my three are blu-ray not 4k. First two blueray's are great imo 1st one having extension into single digits while #2 is a hotter mix that sounds good but i think has a touch of recorded clipping if i'm remembering correctly.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Find a home for the old ones. The Atmos track on the 2nd is really good. The bass on the first one is awesome! I don't remember much about the 3rd one except the chick with the tiger stripes.....
Yes i think she is the same actor that played the lead "female Avitar character" in Avitar.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Sorry, didn't mean to mislead,,,my three are blu-ray not 4k. First two blueray's are great imo 1st one having extension into single digits while #2 is a hotter mix that sounds good but i think has a touch of recorded clipping if i'm remembering correctly.
No worries, I'm just debating which stuff to upgrade to 4K now that I finally actually got a 4K TV last month. I still have a number of things on DVD that I should find upgrades for sure on, but some of those I don't think even made it to blu-ray. Then there's that box of old VHS in the garage I should go through sometime at least to see if they're on blu-ray much less 4K lol. There's just some title I have to have the latest version of like Fifth Element (already upgraded), Stargate (unfortunately not on 4K), etc.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
not listed on Blu-Ray.com

:p

Though it is a bundle, and blu-ray.com doesn't always list all of those, the list would be endless

·
Registered
701 Posts
Yes you are correct. Sorry I was not more specific. Blu-Ray.com is pretty darn impressive with their releases in their library. In fact for me I have only encountered some concert DVDs and one movie DVD they didn't have the release. I got the multi-movie pack for less than half the cost of the individual releases. It wasn't listed on the Walmart website even though I bought in store. Couldn't find on Amazon. Case is showing that it is still Shout Factory as a distributor and they don't have it on their website. Thought others might be interested to check out their local retailer.

·
Premium Member
2,949 Posts
Haha yessir, I do own a pair of them! I've seen your build thread, and it looks like you have a stellar theater going there. I started with a pair of PC12 Plus's (replaced by 3000 Series I think) and when i hurt one, I took the opportunity to Upgrade rather than have the hurt one fixed.

The 4000 Series was brand-new at that point, and I very seriously considered a pair of PB4000's, I doubt I would have been disappointed if I had gone that route, BUT.....the "what if...." factor of knowing there was an even better/higher Model would have niggled at me. So I went straight to the top model just to save myself the time and hassle of deciding to upgrade again later :)
Keith,

Well as you might have read on my Build Thread I did go with the 4 SVS PB-4000 subs 1st.
The reason was Space ...............
Then we figured out if we "Removed" the closet door in the H/T the PB-16 Ultras would fit really nicely. (y)
So called my contact at Best Buy and "Exchanged" the 4 PB-4000 subs to the 4 PB-ULTRA subs. :)
They are not installed as you saw in the picture because my JVC RS4500 laser projector was occasionally shutting down.
(Internal-Heat-Issue) ^^^
Waiting for it to get shipped back to me from the JVC repair-center in CA.
I'm really-really EXCITED to hear these Bad Boys once they are Custom Calibrated by Chad B. out of Ohio in the USA.

Congrats to you Sir you done good. 🎼 🎼 🎼

Terry

·
Registered
19,505 Posts
Yes i think she is the same actor that played the lead "female Avitar character" in Avitar.
Wrong actress. The girl is the white tiger stripes is the girl who played the last mummy movie and the first Kingsman with the blades for legs. The lead Avatar character is Uhura in Star trek and Gamora in Guardians of the galaxy.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Wrong actress. The girl is the white tiger stripes is the girl who played the last mummy movie and the first Kingsman with the blades for legs. The lead Avatar character is Uhura in Star trek and Gamora in Guardians of the galaxy.
Oh , thanks for the correction. Jeez my memory is getting bad. I'll go pop in the movie to see who i was thinking of. Cheers!!

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Where is the "Edit" option,, not seeing it. Anyway yes got my wires crossed,,, Zoe Saldana plays Lieutenant Uhura not Jaylah.

18621 - 18640 of 19164 Posts